What New/Classic monsters do you want to see in the New Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by starsuperion, May 25, 2014.

1. starsuperion

starsuperion Commodore Commodore

I have a choice which I find to be fantastic. recently I have been rereading my classic DWM comics in digital format, and have come across a villain enemy that is just worthy of Doctor Who, something so fantastically amazing, that if the Moff, decided to utilise this character, it would be a great enemy to present in the series..

Doctor Who Magazine Issues 104-107

The Galactic Federation faces a threat from the skeletoids, humanoid cyborgs from the planet Vespin who have all but destroyed the Daleks and Cybermen, and are now poised to invade the Draconian Empire.

The Skeletoids are operated by the skeletoids' control center and these giant brains which operate it. A fantastic enemy for a Capaldi Doctor..

Who is your pick?

2. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

The Rutans, ever since the new series I've wanted to see what the Sontaran/Rutan war would look like with modern day visual effects.

3. starsuperion

ever since the adventure game, their ships are cool and organic

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I'd love to see The Draconians and The Rutans. Also, I'd like to see a Regenerated Rani get redeeming story/portrayal

Friendly Aliens, I'd love to see Ambassador Centauri again, and your suggestion of Frobisher in the other thread was fantastic. I only know him from The Holy Terror Audiodrama, but, I fell in love with the character, from the first sentence, just from his accent (though the actual writing of the character was fantastic as well). And a Romana Guest stint, too

The Trickster from SarahJane could be pretty great, too. Though, maybe we've also seen Moffet's spin on him with The Great Intelligence

5. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Not monsters, but the Draconians for sure.

6. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Along with the Rutans and Draconians, I would love to see the Tharils again. Maybe even work in a Romana return (I've been saying she's hiding in E-Space for ages now).

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Alpha Centauri Ambassador and the Gravis, perhaps even in the same episode.

8. starsuperion

9. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ I had hoped somehow House was Omega, still hiding outside the universe.

Maybe Strax is keeping a Rutan he found as a pet, which leads into a greater story.

10. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

The Rutans are among my top picks as well. The only concern I have is that they were one of many that used shapeshifting as a budget-saving measure. Unfortunately, since the Zygons did the same, it'll seem redundant as of just now.

11. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

I got the impression from the original series that for one thing not all Rutans or Zygons could change their shape and in the case of the Zygons they needed a machine to keep a body print. In any event it's hard to imagine the war between the Sontarans and Rutans, even the spinoff Shakedown didn't give us much a view of the war.

12. starsuperion

They Should Do The Rutan And Sontaran war

13. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

The Tardis goes out of control and lands on an unknown planet.

The Doctor and a scientist become friends. A war breaks out and we see friction between the two. The doctor has to leave the scientist, whose name we never learn, until we see him injured in a blast, when Davros is rescued...

14. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

Since we're talking about Who EU monsters as well, how about the Chelonians, one of the main villains of the New Adventures (Well at least the ones written by Gareth Roberts)?

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Chelonian

Reportedly they were going to actually show up in Planet Of The Dead, and were name-checked in Pandorica Opens.

15. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well my first pick would certainly be The Valeyard. Wouldn't mind Rani turning up too in a new incarnation but not as cheesy as she was in the classic series. Omega would be great played by Cumberbatch.

As for characters who have already appeared in the new series that I want a return from, The Master certainly needs to be on there, it's been about four years since we last saw him. Zygons making a new appearance would be nice, maybe a sensible depiction of the Sontarans this time instead of the dribble we got from the detective trio.

16. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I kept hoping that Omega would turn out to be the one behind all of that stuff with the Silence. He would have the necessary knowledge for how to blow up the TARDIS and has a well documented grudge against the material universe. Oh well...

I dunno. I read "The Highest Science" and didn't really care for it. The kind of came across as Sontarans if the Sontarans laid eggs.

What about the Ogrons? No one has mentioned the Ogrons yet. I just love how profoundly stupid they are.

Sil might be fun.

I vote for a return of the Rani, ideally played by Claudia Black.

And I think it's shocking just how rarely the Draconians ever appeared on the classic series. They seemed very well developed in "Frontier in Space" and they looked fantastic!

17. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

The weed creature from Fury.

18. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

You mean "SONTAR-HA!"

19. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Ooh, The Ogrons, yea cool, they could be updated excellently (And we've already seen them in the last few years posting in TNZ ;) )

Claudia Black as The Rani...Hmmm...I think I'd really like to see how that turned out. I could imagine a cross between Aeryn Sun and Vala would make a most awesome Rani :bolian: I also think Vala's Daughter Inara, played by Morena Baccaran could do The Rani justice (I loved her protrayal of Anna in NuV Series [one of the only awesome things NuV had going for it :( ])

I've already spoken up for the Draconians. I love (And treat as Canon) Mind War unofficial Spinoff(s) because it's more Draconian Footage. Draconians are definitely on the top of my List.

The Master, yes, but, I don't want to see the same goofy portrayal it became (Though after a couple rewatches, there was quite a bit of Simms' Scenes that weren't Goofy, there were just a few scenes that tarnished his whole portrayal in memory on that first rewatch). So, if Simm (and/or Moffat) wanted to try Simm again, making sure to avoid Goofy, I'd be up for his return, but, I'd also definitely be into a recast more in the James Bond Suave, but, evil and devious while being Car Salesman Slick, kinda way Delgado did it. If we could go old enough, I've also always had a fantasy of Alan Rickman playing The Master, so, now's the time to do it, if I can still have my dream :alienblush:

Omega, yea, could be cool (Probably make a lot of Internet Heads explode if it was only a one off episode, and not the Season Long Arc, that's been predicted just about every NuWho Season/Series so far :guffaw:)

20. starsuperion

I just have to jump in on this.. I would say while I like the Idea of the rani being Claudia Black, there is one who I think if they did do her again in the series and they made it a seasonal arc..they should cast the best of the best for the Rani and give the master a run for his money... Emma Thompson or Tilda Swinton.

For the Master.. Tom Hiddleston-Loki of Thor movies.. or if Older, I say Ian Holm

but a reincarnated Omega, has to top the james Bond Rassilon, so why not the Emperor himself.. Ian McDiarmid