Big Bang Theory used as a subliminal ad?

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Kaiser, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Im watching it On-Demand and i noticed on Howards shelf the Kre-O Enterprise! o_0

Anyone else notice this? Was it on the show since 2009?

Now i hope the thing is worth the wait =/

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Forgot to mention it was last Thursdays ep

3. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

What's a Kre-O Enterprise?

4. LordSarvain

LordSarvain Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Looks like a knock off lego set of the JJ-prise... SRP $69.99??? Really?! I mean it's plastic AND completely inaccurate so, of course, charge a lot of money for it... Seriously people, legos are kindergarten toys, covered in snot and spit and mismatched in an old bucket, when did they start infusing them with gold? Did they always charge this much? No wonder my parents never bought me any! Well played mom and dad... well played...

http://toynewsi.com/article.php?itemid=19915

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I'ts all action figures and no spaceships these days on the shelves.

6. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

dude, you need to look at different LEGO sites. :klingon:

7. Brannigan

Brannigan Commander Red Shirt

I have two of the Lego Architecture models (Farnsworth and Robie House) and they are anything but kids toys. These are highly detailed models that took hours to build, in the latter case about two days.

8. LordSarvain

LordSarvain Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

LOL...

Oh I knew someone would get their panties all in a bunch, relax, I was kidding. And you are correct, it does say ages 16+ on the box, and heaven forfend I should refer to a 16 year old as a kid.

But seriously, I'm not trying to belittle your chosen hobby, whether it's CG models, or scratchbuilt, or snap tight, lincoln logs, paint by numbers, or even legos, more power to you. You are the music makers and you are the dreamers of dreams. But the point I was making is simply this, they are primarily made for children, and they cost too damn much.

9. ncc74302

ncc74302 Captain Captain

I feel like we're re-enacting a BBT episode right here... dear lord, you sound like Sheldon. They are toys and marketed as such. If you chose to collect them as a hobby that doesn't have any bearing on their original intended construction as a CHILD'S PLAY THING.

10. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

It's not a subliminal ad, it's product placement. Probably not even that, it's just a prop and/or in-joke.

11. RyanKCR

RyanKCR Vice Admiral Admiral

LEGO is a wonderful thing when you are in a hospital. It's been a tradition of mine since I was very little to have a LEGO set to help keep me occupied.