Godzilla 2014: Rumors, Pix and filming

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gojira, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They might take a leaf out of the 90's Mothra book by having Mothra as a direct adversary to Ghidorah. Whereas you could see Godzilla and Rodan as earthly opponents, Ghiorah's space origins and Mothra's more supernatural origin, would make them thematically interesting pairings to face off against one another initially.

Eventually Ghidorah would be considered too big a threat for any one monster to face alone. One other thought, Borenstein mentioned in "Awakening" that Godzilla and his ilk originated in the Permian Age; I wonder if they'll have Ghidorah as being responsible for the mass extinction that happened towards the end of that age?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  2. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

With Legendary making a new King Kong movie, it's a shame that Godzilla won't be facing King Kong first.

3. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Most recent King Kong (the Peter Jackson one): 25 feet (8 meters) tall.
    Current Godzilla: 456 feet (139 meters) tall.

Or, to put it in wrestling terms: Hornswoggle vs. a firebreathing Andre the Giant.

4. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Toho kind of fixed that problem for King Kong VS Godzilla. ;)

5. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

That was back when Big G was only 50 meters tall. :vulcan: A 139-meter Kong would kind of have a hard time hanging off the top of the Empire State Building without bringing the whole thing down WTC-style.

6. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

I'm not quite sure where you're getting the 139 meter figure from, but it reported earlier in the thread that the new Godzilla is close to 100 meters.

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love that they are bringing in more Toho monsters, I can' wait to see what they do with them. Mothra and Ghidora are two of my favorite Kaiju, so I'm really looking forward to seeing them.

9. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Sounds good to me. Now have them fight in the daylight hours so we can really see it instead of in darkest night...

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

By the way, Greg Cox and I will both be on a Godzilla panel at the Shore Leave convention in Baltimore this Saturday at 11 AM.