Captain Worf?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by David.Blue, Oct 15, 2013.

1. David.Blue

David.Blue Commander Red Shirt

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

That article is from more than a year ago. I'd say it isn't going to happen.

3. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

A Captain Worf series has about as much chance being greenlit as Takei's Captain Sulu series had. None.

Eleven TV seasons and four feature films wasn't enough development?

4. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

Yeah, this is old news. If it was going to happen it would be here.

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm all for a late 24th/early 25th century series in the primeline but yeah, I don't think Worf is the guy to do it.

6. Harbinger

Harbinger Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

One of my friend's on Facebook posted it earlier and I thought it was recent news. I'm not against the idea but I don't see it being greenlit.

7. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I've said it before and I'll say it again: why on Earth would CBS green-light a post-Nemesis, prime universe series, when the Abrams films are way more popular and filled with sets, props, costumes, CGI ships, etc. that could all be reused for a new nuTrek series?

8. BillJ

Two things:

1. I don't believe live-action is ever going back to the Prime timeline, it doesn't make any sense to do so.

2. The Abramsverse sets would be owned by either Paramount or Bad Robot (depending on their agreement). If/when CBS decides to do a new Trek series, they would either have to start from scratch or rent the sets (if they still exist) when they start up.

9. R. Star

Heck, now that you mention the JJverse sets, makes you wonder if they didn't "refit" the JJprise simply to possibly justify new sets for the next movie if the current ones get cleared out in the next three-four years.

10. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

How would a captain Worf show even work seeing as Worf would avoid the obiously dangerous stuff that would try to kill them all.

11. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah, but we saw all the interiors at the end of Into Darkness, and they hadn't changed at all.

...not that that's ever stopped Trek before (See: Complete and unexplained change at the end of IV/start of V)

On topic, this Worf series sounds just like Star Trek: Renegades, but with a different captain (who, as a descendant of Khan, would be able to clean the deck with Worf's face)

12. BillJ

Why?

If Khan's children started mating with regular folks, after fifteen generations you'd think the superior abilities would have been bred-out.

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought Worf's chances of getting a command of his own were in serious jeopardy after DS9's "Change of Heart".

14. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

^ But Worf subsequently proved himself over the course of the Dominion War, total vindication.

:)

15. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

"Change of Heart" happened over half-way through S6, well into the DW. Add to that his actions in "Rules of Engagement" and a few other questionable decisions, over the years and I'd say that he'd be pretty low in the pile of officers up for command.

Besides, Worf has had his day. There isn't much else to really explore with the character, and any Worf series would once again be filled with many episodes on Klingon honour :yawn:

16. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not only that, it's pretty easy to glean from the article that Dorn was contacted by individuals about doing this—just not individuals representing either CBS or Paramount. If that's being "in talks" about doing something, then I'm in talks about being the next director of Star Wars VII, should Abrams bow out. :lol:

17. James T Kirk

James T Kirk Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

From what we have gathered Worf has been begging for years and they keep telling him no.

18. BillJ

Pretty much. We're just replaying the Captain Sulu non-sense from the late-90's.

19. R. Star

Sulu would've been more interesting... Worf, I like the character but over eleven seasons, he's pretty much done what he's going to.

20. SolitaryJustice

SolitaryJustice Lieutenant Red Shirt

They could make an awesome Worf-centered story that explored his duties as Martok's Federation Ambassador, have him in some cool political stories, think less sci-fi and more West Wing or Law & Order even... except within Klingon society, so honor killings, legal house, exploration of the corruption of the High Council and their workings in a post-Romulus galaxy... could be frakkin' GOOD...