Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought the Citadel DLC was fun for the most part.

"Do I really sound like that?"
    "You used me as bait?"
    Wrex - I know he can't be a permanent squad member, but it's a shame about that.
    The Tali/Traynor/Edi conversation
    The comments about the Shepdance
    Kasumi is weird.
    Javik is still an ass - but fun
    For the brief parts it happened, it was good to have the full gang in the field

2. Crazy Eddie

Crazy Eddie Vice Admiral Admiral

Chakwas survives pretty much no matter what.:cool:

3. Ood Sigma

Ood Sigma Commander Red Shirt

Loved it! I cracked up multiple times.

"'I should go'... does that sound like me?"
    "Yeah, pretty much."
    "Hmm... I should go... I should go."

So many other moments that I can't remember them all, but that was the best of all.

4. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

You know you can still do that without putting the suicide mission off.

5. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I loved the bit where you go to get Grunt out of trouble and he's recanting what had happened. The bit where he flys past the window in the Presidium - literally :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also liked the last lines;

FemShep: "I love you Grunt"
    Grunt: <Beavis mode> "Heh heh heh......" </Beavis mode>

Brilliant!

6. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

/\ That was another good moment. :lol:

Did anyone come across a mention of Legion? I don't recall ever seeing or hearing anything about it. At least Mordin got a nice send off with that datapad you find after the party.

Also, does Chakwas show up if you decide to keep her with the Normandy?

7. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, but it's mentioned that she's busy with a medical emergency.

8. heavy lids

heavy lids Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I love the new Citadel DLC. The action part is really fun and interesting. Also, it's awesome that your apartment is in Tiberius Towers. That's clearly a Trek reference. But the best part is Glyph with a fucking bow tie.

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I wondered about that too, but as far as I can tell, no, there's nothing about Legion. A pity considering both Mordin and Thane got a little something extra (even more so if your femshep romanced Thane.) Indeed, I was kind of hoping for a "toast to absent friends" scene in there somewhere. But I suppose given all the different permutations that would be a little impractical.

I also wish they didn't tease us with yet another poker table we don't get to use! Oh and while the new armour set you can win is nice, why did it have to be Cerberus armour *again*!? That's three. Why no Spectre armour? Hell, I would have been happy they used the same Alliance version as Ashley, Liara and Brooks wore. A set of the same armour the "villain" wore would have been nice too.

10. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

That was, without a doubt, the very best DLC for the entire series. Hell, I'd say it's some of the very best content of the entire series and serves as a perfectly wonderful tribute to all these characters we've grown to love. Sooo, so much humor, callbacks, some hard fights and a fun lighthearted mission. And the Lancer is absolutely my favorite gun now. :lol:

But the highlight, of course, was all the character work and all the brilliant little moments that are too numerous to mention.

I've only done it with one character so far, a Shep/Miranda playthrough and considering how little she got to figure in the rest of the game I was especially touched by her scenes.

Hard to try and pick a funniest one, but I might have laughed out loud the most for Grunt's birthday party. And Jaavik the movie star. Kasumi's random appearances throughout the party were a hoot too. Oh, and Traynor/EDI? I. died. :guffaw:

Most touching (aside from the romance scenes) would probably have to be either Liara's piano or Mordin's datapad. Hilarious and then "Will stick to patter songs from now on." :wah: Or maybe Thane's memorial, I got a bit choked up there too. And you gotta love Jack's continued growth.

So many wonderful moments! Really, there's almost nothing I have complaints about.

11. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Despite my expectations, ME3: Citadel was amazing. The adventure was fun, exciting, and filled with good moments, and the character scenes and party were just an absolute joy. It was a wonderful fond farewell to the franchise, and I'm happy it's here. Frankly, it feels like a much better farewell than the ending itself.

I guess this is what happens when you have an actual writing team do a finale instead of a producer/hack writer doing one, huh?

12. Angel4576

I thought that the whole party section was inspired. Such a simple concept but what a great way to see the characters in their interactive element for one last time. The banter, the humour, the character-writing was absolutely oozing in class. From Garrus and Zaeed obsessing over the home defense in Shep's apartment to Joker ripping the p1ss out of Cerberus in front of Miranda and Jacob, to the whole EDI/Tali/Traynor conversation (or the Joker/Traynor convo in the alternate party) - it was all utterly superb.

And that final scene......gulp.

Goodbye Normandy

:(

13. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

14. Angel4576

It took a second for the penny to drop with me, that this was the end of the DLC, the end of ME3, the end of Shepard's story, and likely the last time we'll see this great group of characters. Although narratively this doesn't go at the end (although you can make it so if you really want), emotionally it IS the end. Lump-in-the-throat time with that scene when that dawned on me.

Take my hat off to BW for this DLC - prior to it, I thought the ending made the game practically irretrievable, for me at least. The Citadel content though reminds me of what BW is capable of when it brings its A-game to the table, and gives you a great chance to draw an emotional close to the series that the game's ending didn't actually give me.

Bravo BW.

15. John Clark

Another couple of scenes I enjoyed

The attempt to break Grunt out of hospital and all that follows.
    Playing fetch with a frying pan - and Shep going head over heels.
    Traynor's habit of borrowing Sheps shower/hot-tub
    Beating Jacob at the arcades (You couldn't just give me one?)
    The Normandy scene at the end
    Joker after the comment that Shep would dance with EDI (It didn't help that Shep just stands there, arms folded and generally looking not amused

I like the Lancer, but it feels too overpowered. I replayed London with that and everything was going down easily

16. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

If you're playing as a Lv60 character by that point (which you should if you have imported from ME2 & done most of the DLCs) then everything goes down easy. At that point, even on "insanity" difficultly there isn't that much of a challenge.

But yeah, the Lancer still packs a wallop.

17. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Hahaha! Too bad I didn't keep the party low-key in my playthrough, then I could have gotten this scene...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmDEXBJqeLA[/yt]

Shepard.

Grunt.

Shepard.

Wrex.

Can that even be considered a conversation?! :guffaw:

18. Angel4576

Grunt is great in the DLC;

The recanting of his birthday had me in stitches, especially when he flies past the hospital window. At the party he's great as the bouncer - "No.........NO!", and then there's the drunk in the shower scene, and if you play the party the other way you get the "Shepard......Grunt.....Shepard.....Grunt" scene.

BW have posted up the Citadel soundtrack for free as a thank you to fans;

Citadel OST

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  19. John Clark

Presuming I'm actually any good at the game:lol:.

I'm not sure what level my Shep is at off hand but for the one who has gone through the citadel, I guess she'd be around that mark
    ME1 + bring down the Sky main missions completed
    ME2 (all dlc and except for Firewalker all missions complete)
    ME3 (completed - then New Game+ with all the DLC in).

For the party, I started off loud and just got louder so I missed the Shep/Grunt/Wrex conversation:(

@Angel4576 - Just got the soundtrack too. Thanks for the info:)

20. Angel4576

I missed the Shep/Grunt/Wrex convo because I was trying to be too clever when I gibbed the save file.

In a game where I successfully sabotaged the genophage cure and got away with it originally, I went back in and switched Wrex to being alive, completely forgetting that Wrex is smarter than Wreave, and thus figures out your deception. Confrontation ensued, Wrex dead. Doh!

I could do it again, but I also missed Kasumi so I need to go back and do things again anyway. I'll get Wrex to the party in that game I think.