Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

i like Lemire but i don't care for Ramos. the only book he did the art for that i liked was Impulse. glad that Spidey 2099 is coming back, and with Peter David still at the helm. Daredevil by Soule should be good.

some of these titles won't make it past 12 issues. like Vision and Scarlet Witch. i like the characters but even with them showing up in the recent film i don't count on them reaching #13.

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I haven't read the Hulk in a long time. It sounds like there are way too many Hulks now.

3. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

most of the Hulks had their powers removed in the most recent Hulk storyline.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

They just thinned the herd excessively.

A gammassacre.

A lot of shitty c-listers contaminating the brand were removed from play.

Which means that it is the perfect time to invent new shitty c-listers!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  5. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess I'll keep skipping the Spider-Man titles.

6. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

This is not likely to be permanent given Pak's role in that era.

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Secret Wars #4 was pretty thrilling with some story advancement... but with every major death it just makes it more and more clear this is all getting a massive reset button at the end.

Strange off-handedly mentioned they killed the Beyonders and took their power... I need to see this shown damn it!!!

8. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

Basically, most of Hulk's supporting cast becoming Hulks themselves is mostly due to Jeph Loeb's "Red Hulk" storyline, although the sons of Hulk is mostly Greg Pak's doing, left over from his Planet Hulk stuff.

The original She-Hulk-his cousin, Jennifer Walters-is still around, although with Secret Wars going on, I'm not sure which 'version' of her is in A-force.

The Hulk recently got an intelligence boost thanks to Extremis, which was used to cure Bruce getting shot by Betty in the last Hulk volume. So he was as smart as Bruce Banner, if not even smarter (This is kind of different from previous "Smart" Hulks which more or less had Banner's mind in the Hulk's body). He took the name "Doc Green" and pretty much went about de-powering most of the other Hulks except for Jen. He almost became his evil future self, The Maestro, but then realized he was going too far and his intelligence wouldn't last forever.

Although with the Maestro becoming part of the regular timeline again post-Secret Wars and Cho possibly becoming the Hulk, who knows what's going to happen?

9. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Ok, so if I have this straight, the green Hulk in "Ultimate End" is a smarter Hulk and not the Hulk with Bruce Banner's mind then?

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

With the Mohawk?

Super Smart, but he's almost kicked the Extremis augmenting his system, and after that happens, there'll be a new Hulk to deal with.

11. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

Ultimate End Hulk may be an alternate version of Doc Green, it's a bit confusing I think. There's also another Doc Green in the Secret Wars Planet Hulk although I'm not sure if it's "our" Doc Green.

Basically, I think Waid and Duggan sort of implied that the Doc Green persona actually is the Savage Hulk but with his intelligence boosted to Banner levels by the Extremis . He made his debut during the Original Sin storyline.

Banner is actually also still around, although Green tried to supress him for a while. The last issue of Hulk had him reunited with the recently de-powered Betty (Who was Red She Hulk) once again, but given Secret Wars and their on-again, off-again relationship, where that goes is anybody's guess.

12. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's a mini series, of course it wasn't going to last, but there would be permanent ramifications. Have you seen the solicits for what's to come after? This being temporary (like House of M or Age of Apocalypse) was never in doubt. It's all just a way to get Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, and a few others a permanent spot within the new 616 (or whatever they're going to call it)

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I don't know...

We know that Strange will have his own book post SW, but in the post SW solicitations there isn't any sign of adult Cyclops. The Hawkeye appears to be the aged Hawkeye from Old Man Logan. There doesn't seem to be a Fantastic Four book. Ben is with the Guardians of the Galaxy, and Johnny is hanging out with the Inhumans and Uncanny Avengers. There is no sign of Reed, Sue or Doom.

14. M'rk son of Mogh

^^^
    True, things are going to change (Age of Apocalypse had lasting ramifications, Dark Beast, Nate Grey, etc showing up in 616) but the actual mini series didn't last. Things returned to the basic timeline with some new elements added.

This isn't new territory for comics fans, not by a long shot.

15. Hound of UIster

Probably because Fox has rights to X-Men/FF.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually they've said Spider-Gwen is staying in her own universe, but she will crossover to the post-SW universe on occaision. I was kind of shocked to hear that, I figured as popular as she's been they'd want to get her in the main universe, so they could use for crossovers and things outside her book.

17. Hound of UIster

She is starring in the new mainstream Spider team book by Costa.

18. M'rk son of Mogh

Nah, these rumours don't fly any more. FF just needed a break in the comics, it happens often enough.

X-Men are still going strong with 5 announced titles, which further diminishes the whole Fox thing with the books.

Merchandising, on the other hand, is a different story.

19. Hound of UIster

At least for the X-books, the theory of Marvel neglecting the X-Books has all but been endorsed by the former X-editor of the books as is Mark Panaccia becoming the new X-editor (and he is usually put in charge of back burner stuff like with the ultimate line and ff).

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

X-Men is way too popular for Marvel to stop making money off of. FF on the other hand is usually a second or third tier title and they can easily drop it.