What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

To celebrate the recent patch release, my buddy and I played a bit of Diablo II (made new HC characters on Closed) last night, first time in 15 years or so.

Still a fucking fantastic game.

Haggis and tatties likes this.
  2. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Well i am on my 3rd run through of mass effect, got to level 60, now just need to run through it to the end so i can export it to ME2 and get all my rewards for a level 60 charactor export. :)

Still a cracking game.

SPCTRE likes this.
  3. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

beat KoTOR last night. i really enjoyed it but it was really buggy and glitchy on the 360. a few times the game would slow to a standstill or the camera would spin around and i'd have to reset and lose an hour of playing.

just picked up Alien Isolation and Transformers War for Cybertron.

4. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Far Cry Primal (gorgeous)

Rebel Galaxy .... and it's actually a pretty good game. Open galaxy, space battles, some trading, some piracy, some privateering, and a lot of just whiling the day away. It reminds me in some ways of another game, Dark Star One: Broken Alliance. Rebel Galaxy is done in 3rd person, and is more about seemingly space-naval warfare, whereas DS One is more of a first or third person flight and combat game. Both are good ways to just while a day away. :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

LTTP:

The Stanley Parable (Steam)

Everyone should play this. This game goes places.

CitadelZombies likes this.
  6. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I wish that was on a console. I've played it on Steam but my laptop isn't really the best thing to experience games on but I still thought it was brilliant.

7. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Ralts training/chaining. Nearly a boxfull of the little things ready to level up. Shiny hunting, is taking a good bit longer even with the drastic speedup the DexNav brings.

Random_Spock likes this.
  8. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Awesome. Do you have a shiny charm yet?

I'm taking Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate out for a test drive. Just bought a used copy of it today.

9. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Nope, I'm only really started yesterday evening and the battery was too low after an hour. I'll take a break and try again next week.

10. Random_Spock

Ah I see.

11. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Finished X-Com: Enemy Within a few days ago, now I've been playing FF-X HD and Fire Emblem Awakening.

12. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

Dying Light the Following

13. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

I almost got that because I was jonesing for some space combat. It looks like Freelancer, which is both a plus and a minus. Freelancer was cool, but I just got a bit bored with it after a few weeks. It looks like you go onto much bigger ships in Rebel Galaxy though, so that's definitely a plus.

Currently I'm playing Dying Light - The Following - The Enhanced Edition.

14. martok2112

Aye, I enjoyed Dying Light. Good, open world apocalypse game.

Yes, in Rebel Galaxy, you can buy bigger ships. Right now, I have a heavy frigate with some pretty serious firepower. As you get better components, weapons, and ships, the risk factors for each mission adjust accordingly. In other words, say you see a mission that is available, but it might say "Risk: Very High". That's because you have a ship that might not be suited to the task. Sometimes, all it takes is purchasing better armor, equipment, and weapons, and the risk factor might drop to "average" or even "low".

You can go mining for minerals, or scavenging for materials. You can do trading runs, perhaps even smuggling runs. You can collect bounties. Loyalties can change. Need a little extra muscle? Hire a mercenary. The one I have right now is bad ass. She has a gunship outfitted with capital class weaponry. You can go on dead drop runs, liberate outposts, hunt down pirate lords, quell invasions, all to make money so you can upgrade your current ship or get a new one. And when you buy a new ship, your old equipment carries over with you.

Of course, there is the main campaign you can play at your leisure. If the next stage of the campaign has a risk factor that might be too high, do some of the missions on the mission boards to build up money to improve your ship to drop the risk factors. The further out into the galaxy you go, the weapons, equipment and ships get better, as does the money... the the tougher some of the missions become.

This game is a great way to just pass the day. I love that my job as a musician allows me quality time with my favorite pasttime... video games, especially open world sanbox titles like this one. IIRC, the game was pretty cheap. I think I got it for 19 bucks... maybe a little less. It's a big game for a low price tag.... kinda like how State of Decay on Xbox 360 was. (Open world zombie apocalypse survival simulator... or as I call it, a zombopocalypsulator! :D ) Big game, small price tag... and well worth the money.

15. Random_Spock

Pokémon Red earlier and am now starting up Blue version so I can be able to trade between the games.

16. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Played the opening bits of Bloodborne (PS4) last night.

I really liked Dark Souls, so this is unsurprisingly right up my alley.

Random_Spock likes this.
  17. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Pillars of Eternity (Steam)

So happy this game exists.

18. martok2112

Going back to something I mentioned about Rebel Galaxy, after a while, the mercenaries will not be as useful to you.... if you get a larger ship, like a cruiser, you won't need mercenaries. They get too easily destroyed in combat.

19. Hippocrates Noah

Hippocrates Noah Commander Red Shirt

Playing the little Telltale Games Back To The Future thing. It's kind of fun, no real action you just figure things out like a puzzle solving game. More Star Trek references, you tell somebody (again) you're from the planet Vulcan and you tell a young Doc he has to finish a science project before a Doctor McCoy gets the patent first.

Random_Spock likes this.
  20. Random_Spock

Just rented and am trying out Pokken Tournament. It's pretty fun! It's definitely going on my short list. Played some Smash and some Child of Light too.