Star Trek V: The Final Frontier enhanced effects reel

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Penhall99, May 18, 2009.

1. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

That's easy. Sony took in $9 billion in revenue last year, Paramount minus (That's MINUS) $2.8 billion. For all its numerous blunders, Sony's in no danger of going under anytime soon.

2. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

So everyone knows, don't resurrect threads when there hasn't been activity in more than a year, but since this thread is having meaningful discussion, I'm leaving it open.

3. Bad Robot

Bad Robot Commander Red Shirt

I didn't know that one.

The director's cut was still SD I assume, and not some half-and-half upscale? (I figure the latter would be too much of a hassle without hiring a production crew, at which point the question of whether the original CG models even still existed and could be re-rendered should have been brought up).

4. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

Presumably. I only watch on my iPad so can’t say with any certainty. In terms of the models...well...I am pretty sure the STO guys could share the model they use for their Borg probe, and it could be textured up or hidden in mist. Tbh, I miss the TV cut more than the directors cut, and like the original anyway. It’s just an amusing snafu. I must check to see if the same thing has happened on TWOK.

Bad Robot likes this.
  5. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably a fair point...

6. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

And my axe.

Pauln6 likes this.