New figures for 2010 including a look at 11th Doctor

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Samurai8472, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Demonland

Demonland Commodore Commodore

I'm a little pissed that this one doesn't include interior lights to light up the windows but I will be getting it anyway.

2. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

I'll probably give it a miss. I already have the 9th/10th Tardis and I have the 7th Doctor/Tardis on order.

3. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

You have to have every Tardis variation, don't you? What kind of collector are you if you pass it up? OH, the shame. Oh, the humanity! :guffaw:

4. Winterwind

Not that much of one actually. I'm mainly interested in the Doctors, and classic Daleks and Cybermen. I've got all of Wave 1 & 2 for the classics but most are unopened. Not even sure why I got the Zygon, Sea Devils, Morbius Monster, etc.

With the new series, I've got the Doctors of course, and some Daleks and Cybs and companions but again, not big on the other figures. I'm by no means a completest.

And I'm quite certain in a few years I'll be selling most of them when this second childhood phase passes. ;)

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Hello, i'm the Doctor
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  6. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Whoa! How did you get the Smith TARDIS so quickly? Nice! :techman:

7. Demonland

I believe it's the 9/10 TARDIS with the St. John's Ambulance logo on the door. As you can see the roof light is not Smiths and neither is the colour of the blue and the outline of the windows aren't white.

8. Samurai8472

Yeah if you look back a few pages I found a print of the saint johns logo and taped it on the door :p

[​IMG]

9. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Not too long ago, I actually had three TARDISes simultaneously, but they were all scaled to different figures over the years.

Looks like I'll be getting this one too.

10. Winterwind

Since saying I'd give Smith's Tardis a miss... I'm starting to want one now. Bloody internet peer pressure! :D

11. Samurai8472

Found an image of the sonic screwdriver screwdriver to be released in November

http://forbiddenplanet.com/59547-doctor-who-sonic-screwdriver/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wow what a decent price

Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver

• Perfectly detailed metallic screwdriver, is based on the eleventh Doctorʼs Sonic Screwdriver.
    • Only difference is this screwdriver is best used to change a plug and not to save the Universe.
    • When in use (pressing the bits) the screwdriver lights up and sound just like the Doctorʼs Sonic Screwdriver.
    • Three tips are included for large, medium and small screws. Each tip is reverseable with Phillips and Flat-head ends. While not in us there is a chamber in the screwdrivers base for tip storage.
    • Presented in stylish acetate gift box.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Can't wait til Mikes Comics gets these in. Especially that floating Tardis. I've already started cleaning off a spot on my desk for it.

13. Demonland

[​IMG]

This figure looks awesome. Was hoping I wouldn't want to get it but I think I have no choice.

14. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ I've had that one on pre-order for a while now. Didn't know it came with a skull though. Cool.

15. Demonland

Damn you NA and UKers. We can't get these shipped to Australia unless we pay exorbitant eBay prices.

Lucky for me I am in the UK in June and will buy from Forbidden Planet. Any Londoners know if there is a post office near Forbidden Planet as I might buy and then send it home so I don't have to lug my purchases around Europe.

16. Winterwind

Love that first Doctor. I think I'll be replacing the regular First on my display shelf with that one.

And the sonic screwdriver screwdriver looks great. But I don't put up enough shelves to need it. Shame it seems it will only light up with pressure on the bit instead of also having a button. I wouldn't add the bit and just have a nice metal one instead of plastic.

17. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, i got an email from forbidden planet about the sonic screwdriver screwdriver.

Looks and sounds pretty neat, even just to have a metallic version rather than the plastic one.

The floating Tardis though is plain cool. :techman:

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Hmm, very interested in the real Sonic Screwdriver. I'd need to be sure the prong all snap out like the TV one though :)

19. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pixel Barrel now has most of those new items available for pre-order, though I'll wait for them to show up on Mike's for price comparisons.

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  20. starsuperion

starsuperion Commodore Commodore

Ok now see, it's people like you that make me want to go nutso and buy things I can't afford, or should not be buying till I save up! Geez! have some respect for other people would ya!!! :guffaw::lol::techman: