RIZZOLI & ISLES tv series and book series disscusions and comments

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by timothy, Jun 15, 2011.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

As has been recently pointed out to me...(three years before B5) he played the Godlike bartender in the Quantum Leap finale.

And just three years after B5 he was commanding the Timeship "Relativity" in "Voyager".

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  2. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

It's a pity Rizolli is set in our world, a nice easter egg to one of his other shows would be fun ... But how would you do it?

3. JanewayRulz!

It could have been done by switching the Cops and Zombies convention to a comic con convention with B5 and STVoy posters in the back ground.

ETA:

I really don't think I like how it looks like this series is ending.

Maybe Jane is suffering PTSD from all the times she's been shot, or from the year long stalking / harassment from that drug Queen-pin Alice before Jane killed her this season and left over trauma from Hoyt's attentions in the 1st 2 seasons.

Maybe, but then why runaway to Virginia, to work for an agency you've expressed only contempt for over the last 7 years, to a place without family, without friends. Jane, who is totally grounded in her family, her friends, her work, even her church if earlier this season is to be believed... what is so bad in Boston that she plans to give it all up to be a flipping instructor for the FBI 483 (corrected after google search) miles away? :brickwall:

Like I said above, I'm glad Korsak finally called Maura on her "supportive" attitude towards Jane leaving this week and admitted his own misgivings.

I was also glad to see little brother Tommy and nephew TJ finally show up with plans to relocate to Boston, once more showing Jane what she's going to miss when she leaves for Virginia, her family.

I can't see Jane being satisfied with such a passive job and if she wants one like that why not move to Boston's police academy as an instructor?

Yes, I know what you are probably going to say, "All god's children got to grow up someday." and maybe Jane needs to be isolated from her family and friends in order to do that...

:sigh:

... but I don't believe it.

Jane isn't a twentysomething who doesn't know what she wants out of life.

She's a grown up who's built more than a career in Boston, she's built a full life.

Ditching it all for a teaching position 7 states away makes even less sense than ditching it all to play General's wife to Casey 3 years ago.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  4. Gingerbread Demon

How many times has Jane been kidnapped?

5. JanewayRulz!

Hmmm.

Hoyt and his minions were responsible for 4 in the first 2 seasons.

The one before the series began, where he had her pinned to the floor with scalpel blades through her hands, Korsak rushed in and rescued her that time.

The one in the pilot when his minion helped break him out of prison and the two of them captured her. She shot the minion, and shot Hoyt through the hands so he was scarred the same way she was.

The one where the lady minion seduced Frankie and got to her at the apartment. Frankie rescued her by shooting the faux paramour.

And the last Hoyt kidnapping was when he was "dying" in prison and she went there to solve a new and old murder. The new murder was by the correction officer turned minion. They captured Jane AND Maura that time, and Jane went berserk on their a$$e$ when they tried to cut Maura's throat. Korsak bust in at the end, taking down the minion while Jane killed Hoyt with her own two hands and 1 very deadly scalpel.

The season 1 finale had Jane, Maura and Frankie at the mercy of drug dealers in the medical examiner's office. Frankie was dying, and Jane offered herself as a human shield to get the bad guy away from Frankie so Maura could save him.

Everyone should remember how THAT hostage situation turned out.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  6. Gingerbread Demon

OMG I remember that one....... That was terrible.....

I have often wondered why they didn't try to headshot the guy when he and Jane had turned sideways?

Wasn't there another one where some cake guy who was smitten with Jane kidnapped her and they found her tied to a bed in different clothes?

7. JanewayRulz!

What, that one? That's season 5.

Here's the 2nd ep of season 3 "Dirty Little Secret" when the girls still hated each other over a little matter of Jane shooting Maura's biological father. That time Maura and Jane helped Korsak save them.

I'm not as good in the middle seasons... but I "think" Jane went the entire 4th season without being kidnapped!

Of course... that trend didn't continue in season 5.

That darn son of Dom Deluise.

In Lost and Found she isn't kidnapped as much as cut off from her peeps as she bleeds out from a gunshot wound... and loses a plot complication from the end of season 4 in the process.

Season 6 may be another one without Jane being kidnapped.

On the other hand.... Maura wishes she could have been so lucky.

8. Gingerbread Demon

True........ But in the one with the crazy cake guy he had time to undress her and tie her to a bed. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Was she totally unconscious?

9. JanewayRulz!

He drugged her and tossed her into the back of the bread van.

Here's a neat video with lots of season 7.

The goodbye tour is beginning.

Just two left.

10. Gingerbread Demon

OMG is the show ending?

I hope they kiss

11. JanewayRulz!

Where have you been? :cardie:

As for a kiss... I think this will have to satisfy you. :angel:

Or this... :adore:

Did you see this old interview with Angie as she bemoaned the fact that fanfictionistas always represent Jane as "the man" in the relationship. "I want to be the girl once... or twice." :lol:

ETA: This one ALWAYS makes me...:guffaw:

Jane: "and you don't want to sleep with me."
    Maura: eyeroll.
    Jane: "Do you????"

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  12. Gingerbread Demon

Haha Janeway thank you for the videos...... I have missed the show as it hasn't been on local TV here and on principle I won't get pay TV just to watch one show... Or any show for that matter.

But all the videos were cool.

13. JanewayRulz!

Well, there's always the DVD's. I tend to buy the shows/seasons that I love, for those winter days when the internet goes out and I can't stream them at home. I just wait till the prices bottom out.

Speaking of vids... here's Valentina' take on this week's ep, "Stiffed".

And of course "Maura's Moments" has collected them from this week's ep.

Jane tells mom her news.

The problem with living patients is the don't always stay that way.

Prayer freaks out Maura.

14. JanewayRulz!

FINALLY someone thinks of themselves instead of Jane! ;)

Maura's crisis of faith.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Maura, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

What if it didn't happen?

ETA: A celebration of the ladies from Rizzoli and Isles!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  15. Gingerbread Demon

I have purchased all the DVDS up to season 5..

16. JanewayRulz!

Here's a cute Q&A with Angie. Love her comments re: her grandmother and what she took home from the R&I set.

http://ausxip.com/rizzoliandisles/2...ise-gilot-and-her-ideal-dinner-companion.html

Comments from Angie, Sasha and Jan the showrunner. It also shows fashion plate Harmon does NOT know how to dress when covered in tattoos. :lol:

http://variety.com/2016/tv/spotlight/rizzoli-isles-100-episodes-series-finale-1201817698/

Fav moments of the show for our two leads.

http://ausxip.com/rizzoliandisles/2...ander-and-angie-harmons-favorite-moments.html

Tweets from the last day of filming... and they even got a party out of it!

http://ausxip.com/rizzoliandisles/2016/07/tweet-pix-from-last-day-of-filming-on-rizzoli-isles.html

Speaking of parties, here's the one for the 100th ep... proving once again that Angie and Jane do NOT share the same fashion sense. ;)

http://ausxip.com/rizzoliandisles/2016/07/rizzoli-isles-100th-episode-wrap-party.html

An interview with Jordan (Angie's younger brother Frankie) 2 months ago.

Loved his description of his first day on the set of R&I

What Sasha took from the set.

http://ausxip.com/sashaalexander/2016/08/rizzoli-isles-star-slips-into-directors-chair.html

Tomorrow night... the penultimate ep of the 7 season series.

17. Gingerbread Demon

Looks like I better get a hussle on and get season 6

18. JanewayRulz!

19. JanewayRulz!

I hate saying goodbye to shows I love.

20. JanewayRulz!

"Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow."

Jane:
    "I want to eat it. I don't want to settle down and have kids with it." :lol:

Jane: :wah: "I'll get the wine."

Kent: Are planning on going somewhere?

Its soooo unfair that MIM's didn't include the scene where Maura happens upon the half naked FBI agent in Jane's living room! :klingon:

Just 3 vids this week from MIM :shrug:

Is this a record for the fewest "moments" Maura Isles moments has posted for a show? :vulcan:

Maybe she's (?) even more broke up about it than I am. :brickwall:

TNT is trying to jolly us along one last time. :weep:

I'm getting through this by hoping for more great characters for Angie and Sasha to play... kind of like Mulgrew's Janeway turning into Galina Reznikov.

:beer:

I just hope it doesn't take 12 years this time.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016