An Idea For A Game/Project

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Michael, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

Starscape - minor spelling error on your latest strip.
    "Brake" = noun; a physical device that stops and object's momentum
    "Break" = verb; the act of separating one object's connection to another

2. Starscape

Starscape Commodore Fan Art Challenge Winner

:brickwall:

Thanks for that Ziz. At least I got all the letter right, just not necessarily in the right order. ;)

I've updated the image.

3. Ampris

Ampris Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

No worries, I'm here! And I've been hanging around for quite a while; still kinda forum-shy, but I'm loving having been able to watch this whole project unfold. All of the art and different styles and interpretations, seeing how the story's moving along, it's been a lot of fun. I wouldn't miss my chance to take part. :)

The main thread of the story might not get much attention in mine, I'll let someone better at plotting than I am handle the meat of the thing, but I've had some ideas for a while and know exactly what I want to do, especially keeping this newest panel in mind. I'll be starting tonight on the pencil sketches and it shouldn't take more than a few days for the inking and coloring. Oh, and if it's okay, sign me up for a second go, too. I wouldn't want to stop after just one shot!

4. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

I love your panel, Starscape. You have a very unique way of drawing the characters. I think it has a high recognition value. However, I'm not quite sure if I'm still getting where we are in the story. For one thing, is Spock still inside of Kirk's head? Or is he on the bridge? Sorry, but I'm confused. Maybe it's the language barrier. :(

Thanks for updating the list, BTW. I'm adding Ampris (I'm looking forward to your entry, buddy) and myself for another round. People, let's approach the conclusion of our little story, 'kay?

[01.] NCC-1701
    [02.] ThomastheCat
    [03.] Ptrope
    [04.] PlanetMudd
    [05.] Vektor
    [06.] Redfern
    [07.] Masao
    [08.] Venardhi
    [09.] Starscape
    [10.] jon1701
    [11.] Klondike307
    [12.] ThomastheCat +
    [13.] NCC-1701 +
    [14.] Venardhi +
    [15.] Ptrope +
    [16.] Redfern +
    [17.] Starscape +[highlight]
    [18.] Ampris
    [19.] Masao[/highlight] +[highlight]
    [20.] Klondike307[/highlight] +[highlight]
    [21.] Ptrope[/highlight] ++[highlight]
    [22.] Venardhi[/highlight] ++[highlight]
    [23.] ThomastheCat[/highlight] ++[highlight]
    [24.] Ampris[/highlight] +[highlight]
    [25.] NCC-1701[/highlight] ++

+ = 2nd panel
    ++ = 3rd panel

5. Starscape

Good to know you're working on your panel, Ampris. Looking forward to it!

Thanks, NCC-1701. :alienblush: I'm afraid my drawings skills are quite as polished as everyone else here, but I found the 2nd panel much easier than the 1st... I guess practice does help. ;)

Venardhi's last panel showed Spock's body being taken over by the creature inhabiting Kirk and in Ptrope's follow up to that we find out that Spock is still linked to or trapped in Kirk's mind along with the creature.

So, the creature is currently in control of both Kirk and Spock, whilst the consciousnesses of Kirk and Spock are fighting to rid Kirk's mind of the creature.

And you can sign me up for a third panel too (if the story lasts that long ;) ).

6. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually I was trying to suggest that it had trapped Kirk and Spock together in Kirk's unconscious head and taken over just Spock's body (but perhaps without completely breaking the mind-meld, thus leaving part of him in Kirk and part of Spock in his own body)

Whatever works best for the story though, this is a group effort so we kind of just have to go with the flow.

7. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

No problem.

<--- The human spell checker. People at work run to me when they don't believe what MS Word tells them.

8. Starscape

How's your panel coming along Ampris?

As a general rule we try to keep to a week per panel, give or take a few days, just to keep the momentum up. It's a fun project and it'd be a shame to see it dry up without a conclusion.

I don't want you to feel pressurized into passing onto the next in line, but if you could keep us updated as to your progress that'd be great. :techman:

9. Ampris

Ampris Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Progress status: finished! :bolian: There were a few setbacks (like scrapping my original plans, trying to figure out these watercolor-pencils, having to go to work, etc.) but I tried really hard to get it done on time. Hope you all like it.

EDIT:
    That's what I assumed was going on, too, so that's what my reasoning was behind the panel.

10. Starscape

Wow, brilliant! Nicely done, Ampris. That is one action-packed panel! :bolian:

Okay, you're next Masao.

11. Masao

Masao Commodore Commodore

OK. I'm on the job. First I have to figure out what the hell is going on in this story!

12. c5maier

c5maier Commander Red Shirt

Very well done, Ampris. Nice to see your first contribution to the project. It sure has a certain classic Trek feeling to it with its soliloquy style. And it is not like you didn't progress the story as you had anounced. But I feel with Masao - the plot sure is convoluted.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  13. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Are you kidding? I love it! It is already a favorite of all the panels so far. As Starscape has noted, it's very action-packed. I especially love the first image. I'm glad you signed up for another panel. ;)

Once again, I am very proud of what we achieved with this project. I love all your panels so far. And that's why I think it is time to garner some more attention. I created another avatar advertising the comic project. I hope everyone is okay with me using a part of his panel for the avatar (if not, please let me know). And maybe there's someone else who wants to join me. Feel free to also use the avatar. :)

Masao, I'm looking forward to your panel.

Here's the updated list:

[01.] NCC-1701
    [02.] ThomastheCat
    [03.] Ptrope
    [04.] PlanetMudd
    [05.] Vektor
    [06.] Redfern
    [07.] Masao
    [08.] Venardhi
    [09.] Starscape
    [10.] jon1701
    [11.] Klondike307
    [12.] ThomastheCat +
    [13.] NCC-1701 +
    [14.] Venardhi +
    [15.] Ptrope +
    [16.] Redfern +
    [17.] Starscape +
    [18.] Ampris
    [19.] Masao +[highlight]
    [20.] Klondike307[/highlight] +[highlight]
    [21.] Ptrope[/highlight] ++[highlight]
    [22.] Venardhi[/highlight] ++[highlight]
    [23.] ThomastheCat[/highlight] ++[highlight]
    [24.] Ampris[/highlight] +[highlight]
    [25.] NCC-1701[/highlight] ++[highlight]
    [26.] Starscape[/highlight] ++

+ = 2nd panel
    ++ = 3rd panel

14. Masao

So, let's see if I'm correctly understanding the story so far.

The alien Arashnievel has control of both Spock's and Kirk's minds. Through a mind meld, Spock was able to enter Kirk's head (although Kirk's body is sedated), but also allowed Arashnievel to gain control of Spock's body as well (no one recognizes this, however). The puppetered Spock is now trying to destroy the Alien lady's ship, from which she draws her power. She was sent to bring Arashnievel back to "the Origin" before he could gain the power to destroy the Galaxy, but she's been knocked unconsciousness by an injection. Spock and Kirk are preparing to confront Arashnievel in a environment possibly inspired by Don Martin or Chuck Jones.

Question 1: In his last page, Ampris mentioned that Arashnievel has a ship. Where is it? Is it parked on the planet?
    Question 2: Does Arashnievel have a physical body? Is it perhaps on his ship or down on the planet?

Question 3: Did Arashnievel-Kirk guide Enterprise to Omicron Centauri to gain control of his ship and his body?

15. Starscape

That's a good summary of the current events. How it proceeds from now on depends on how you want to interpret what we've seen so far. I can give you my opinion, but it's in no way conclusive or binding.

In Ampris's panel it's said Arashnievel "vessel" must be destroyed. At first I thought the "vessel" was the body he's inhabiting, but it could refer to an actual ship.

In my first panel, I alluded to an energy emission from the planet focused on Arashnievel. My thinking at the time was that Arashnievel was in a weaken state and had possessed Kirk in order to reach Omicron Centauri II and tap into the energy source there. And it was that extra energy that allowed him to emerge from Kirk's body to attack the Alien Lady.

What the energy source is and what it meant to Arashnievel I didn't give much thought to. It could be his vessel or body, or perhaps an energy source from a long forgotten alien race.

I hope that helps. ;)

16. Masao

Thanks a lot, Starscape.

After reading Ampris's panels again, I agree with you that "vessel" refers to the body that carries the mind around.

17. Masao

My panel is up. Sorry for not moving the story along much, but I wanted to get a few things straightened out. Also, I felt like doing some more caricatures! (Because Kirk, Spock, and their environment are malleable here, don't feel you have to keep them in the forms I drew them.)

Your turn, Klondike307.

18. Starscape

^^ I love the Quinto and Pine caricatures and the "I don't think we're quite the same anymore" line. :lol:

19. Masao

Thanks. My first idea was to follow Ptrope's lead and turn them into comic/cartoon characters, like the Peanuts gang or Calvin and Hobbes, but I thought turning them into the recasted actors would be more topical. I also wanted to avoid drawing Shatner. Maybe I'll manage to draw him by my next turn.

20. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I liked it, as well.