David Tennant to be villain in Marvel/Netflix AKA Jessica Jones

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Turtletrekker, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Wow. First the casting of Krysten Ritter (who I adored on Breaking Bad) and now this? I'm actually excited about this show now and I know nothing about the character.

3. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

I know little about the show and less about the Purple Man, but Tennant is a terrific actor and usually a pleasure to watch. Looking forward to it.

4. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

David of course isn't the first Who actor to join the MCU stuff.

Jenna Coleman (Clara) was in Captain America The First Avenger in a small role as Bucky's date to the World's fair, and of course Karen Gillian (Amy) was Nebula in Guardians Of The Galaxy. There might be more but I'm not sure (I'm pretty sure Haley Atwell was in an audio at least)

5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

^Eccleston was Malekith, the villain in Thor: The Dark World.

6. Turtletrekker

Christine Adams, who played Agent Weaver in two eps of Agents of SHIELD, was in an early ep of NuWho.

7. Doctorwhovian

Oops! Forgot that one.

There's also I suppose Ian Mckellan who was the Great Intelligence in The Snowmen and the older Magneto in the X-men films, but that of course isn't really part of the MCU. Same with Andrew Garfield who was in season 3's Dalek two parter and was Sony's "Amazing Spider-Man".

Christine Adams also played the Wayne enterprises secretary in another comic book film, Batman Begins (She's the one he flirts/plays golf with).

Also this could be interesting: http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-10-08/robert-downey-jr-in-doctor-who-anything-is-possible

8. Turtletrekker

Toby Jones played Arnim Zola and the Dream Lord.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is kinda the moneyshot for Jessica Jones (She's the one that looks like a half naked catholic schoolgirl.) and the Purpleman.

He's kept her as a mindless slave for the last 3 months, and it boils down to this.

[​IMG]

Kristin and David should be fine with the final draft of this scene after every thing has been watered down for television.

10. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^Dialogue like that seems more Capaldi's thing than Tennant's.

11. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

She's been in four stories so far: The Sands of Life and War Against the Laan (The Fourth Doctor, Romana I, K-9), The Whispering Forest (The Fifth Doctor, Tegan, Nyssa, Turlough), The Doomwood Curse (The Sixth Doctor, Charley), and Blood of the Daleks (The Eighth Doctor, Lucie Miller). Not only that, but Blood of the Daleks was my introduction to Hayley Atwell, which I listened to prior to her casting in Captain America, and was thrilled by her casting because she was excellent in said audio play.

It should also be noted that Atwell recorded The Sands of Life and War Against the Laan after her new-found fame as Peggy Carter.

12. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Reading up on the background of the Purple Man... Looks like he'd be easily cross-overable with Daredevil, with their shared history. I'm sure that'll figure in somewhere.

Mark

13. Turtletrekker

Not in the first season. DD has already wrapped.

14. Turtletrekker

That should read 8 months.

15. Doctorwhovian

I was thinking of a Marvel villain Smith would be good for, and instantly thought of Arcade: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcade_(Marvel_Comics)

and no not because of just the bow tie :)

Question is though, is Arcade even owned by Marvel studios? He's an X-men (Fox) and Spider-Man (Sony) villain primarily although he's been in Avengers-related comics lately, but I'm not sure who would own the rights.

16. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Your link wasn't quite right but took me close enough to find the right page. And yes, could see Smith in that role. Floppy hair, bow tie, comic demeanour. Pretty spot-on.

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

you have to square brackets url around wikipedia links other wise it fights us.

David's done Funny.

Besides, be it ever so recent, Arcade would be one of the few characters in the MCU to have had their seminal story happen in this decade. Everyone else clings to something that happened 30 years ago. Sure all he did was lock 30 kids in an underground biosphere and then tell them that they have a month to kill each other or they all die. He ripped off a popular movie, but really it's not a really complex idea, and Hunger Games ripped off Battle Royale poorly, but somebody had to do it...

Which is an Avengers story.

18. Turtletrekker