Return to Genesis: Unfinished September Challenge Entry

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by tenmei, Sep 28, 2008.

1. tenmei

tenmei Commodore Commodore

I was working on this and intended to finish it for proper submission this month, unfortunately, coursework and other RL situations took me away from working on this - but I'm going to present what I had written.

The concept was that Voyager 6 exploded shortly after launch and therefore never became the V'Ger entity. James T. Kirk never returned to command the Enterprise because the V'Ger Crisis never occured, so it was Captain Decker who confronted Khan at the Mutara Nebula where, due to some flaw in his tactics, the Enterprise and her crew were lost.

Our story picks up soon after with Starfleet hastily refitting another ship to be the new Enterprise to wave the Federation flag ...

Myriad Universe: Return to Genesis

In the year 1987, NASA launched the last of its deep space probes, Voyager Six. The probe was supposed to travel into deep space, an envoy to the stars from mankind. The rocket designed to launch Voyager Six exploded shortly after take off and the Voyager Project was cancelled shortly thereafter.

Stardate 8230.3

Captain John Adams looked out of the window, regarded the jagged pieces of metal that hung in space before the Enterprise. It was macabre, his vessels predecessor had been destroyed in an encounter with Khan Noonien Singh and some of the greatest heroes in Starfleet were now dead. Starfleet, however, had wasted no time in rechristening the under refit Yorktown and sending her out to continue the destroyed vessels mission of exploration.

Adams, having taught at Starfleet Academy for the past ten years and having been one of the main proponents of the Constitution Refit program, had been approached to take command at the behest of Admiral James T. Kirk who had commanded the previous Enterprise fifteen years earlier.

"Captain Adams to the Bridge …" The voice broke Adams out of his contemplation and he stepped away from the Recreation Room window, passed and exchanged greetings with several crewmembers, before stepping into the turbolift and seconds later stepping out onto the Bridge.

Commander Hikaru Sulu nodded as his commanding officer approached, relinquishing the command chair.

"Report, Number One …" Adams knew that this would be harder on his First Officer than it was on himself. Sulu had served on the Enterprise for the better part of his career and had transferred off earlier in the year when Captain Decker had recommended him for command training with an eventual position as the Captain of the USS Excelsior. Unfortunately, serious flaws had been discovered in the Excelsior’s radical new warp core design and the project had been grounded. Sulu had been overseeing the retrofitting of the ship to provide traditional warp power when the Enterprise had been lost. Adams had wasted no time in recruiting the man as his First Officer.

"We’re picking up unusual energy fluctuations, Sir," said Sulu, moving to stand over the delicate female Science Officer, Ensign Roan. "Indicative of a cloaked ship, if I’m not mistaken …"

Adams nodded. It was natural that the Romulans and Klingons would be interested in the loss of the Enterprise and the cataclysmic destruction of the Mutara Nebula as it compacted into a planetoid that Starfleet had nicknamed Genesis.

2. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, its just the start but it seems like a good one.