A Two-Thirds 33 inch Enterprise

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Shaw, Apr 6, 2009.

1. The Axeman

The Axeman Commodore Commodore

A 1-to-1 scale USS Enterprise! You'll be able to move in to it when it's done.

2. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Awesome model :)

3. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't want to come off as humor-challenged, but he meant 1:1 with the 33 inch model. You knew that, right?

4. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

It's the white light that reveals the true colour of the ship. The unfortunate aspect is that the white light of the sun may be somewhat distorted by the time of day it was taken. Those long shadows suggest the sun was low on the horizon. Clouds, pollution, et c, may be affecting the colour we see.

5. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is a truly stunning model.

6. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

Thanks guys! :techman:

As Tallguy knows, I'm trying to learn my new (used) camera in the hope of getting some really nice images of my model in the near future. I've been subjecting a test audience (which includes Tallguy) to this learning process. Still learning though.

7. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ah! Good! You're still around. Listen, just to confirm I'm a total suck-up, I want to throw a thumbs-up your way both here and in that other, closed thread. You do good work, Shaw.

Here's one for each: :bolian: :techman:

8. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

Thanks! It means a lot to hear that from people... and it means even more when it is from people who's work I've always enjoyed.

Edit:
    If you guys will excuse the mess in the background, here are some images that show the model in fairly true colors as it sits today.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  9. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

very sweet work there Looking forward to seeing your other projects. :techman::techman::techman::techman::techman::techman:

10. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The colors on the D7 look gorgeous, and it's no surprise that Jefferies picked that color scheme.

11. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

Thanks guys!

Yeah, the Klingon (which isn't finished yet) is a practice model. I ran into difficulties while finishing the Enterprise and figured I needed to get more experience with finishing models (painting, detailing and decaling). And the Klingon paint scheme I'd seen on some recent models (like here) looked really interesting.

Even though it isn't done (and I still have a lot of chances to screw it up), I'm pretty happy with it and how it looks near my Enterprise. Here are some shots of the Klingon model (again, it isn't finished yet)...

All and all, it has been a fun model to build. It took about three weeks to get to this point... and then I screwed up the decals and now have to wait to get replacements. No worries though, it is a practice model after all. :cool:

12. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

Those are awesome models... any chance we could see some more pics of the Enterprise?

13. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

Thanks!

Sure, I've taken a lot of shots while practicing with my camera. Just remember that I'm still learning how to build models like this as some of these shots show the shortcomings in my skill level (hopefully I'll do better in my next attempt).

And some color shots before I had finished...

14. BolianAuthor

Damn... just damn... That really is a beautiful model. Thanks so much for sharing!

15. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

1. A few of those shots of the D7 looked so good with clean lines and uniform coloration that they look like CG. I knew it was a physical model, but my eyes kept screaming it was too perfect. (I have very noisy eyes. They're opinionated about CG and get abusive when I drink, too.)
    2. Did anyone else spend too much time sifting through the rubble in the background of the 5:37 AM pictures? I like messy people. They're more like me, and that makes me feel less guilty about being a slob, and they also tend to be more interesting since they don't waste time hiding behind neatness and organization; neat people put effort into hiding themselves in labeled boxes and ordered desks and shouldn't be trusted. Cluttered people "just let it all hang out" -- they don't care if people know what they're doing or interested in. Which makes them kind of neat.

Um ... cool neat, not tidy neat.

16. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Hear hear! I love checking out people's stuff in messy background images. I'm often surprised by what things random internet pwople have that I also have on my own shelves. Makes sense I guess. If we're on the same sites, we've bound have overlapping interests.

--Alex

17. BolianAuthor

I oughtta post some pics of my abode sometime... everything is in perfect order, in its place.

18. kkozoriz1

kkozoriz1 Fleet Captain

That's sick :rommie:

19. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

You guys are classic! :techman:

Yeah, I'm pretty messy... and while my wife does love that about me, I think she'd like it if I could be neat (tidy neat) a couple days a year. :eek:

20. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Some of the best work I've seen here. i think you said at fed-ref that your next step was to actually begin to work with wood. The structure atop the primary hull above the impulse deck, sometimes looks almost like a tube, and not flat at all. Then too, in other shots... I can't tell.