Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Maurice, Mar 12, 2013.

1. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I did not know that. Throw in obligatory reference to him being the doctor in the original BSG.

2. LMFAOschwarz

LMFAOschwarz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, sorry about the "topic slippage". :o

I promise to be good from here on. :)

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

To me, George Murdock will always be "Scanlon, Internal Affairs" from Barney Miller.

4. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

This isn't my thread to say it, but I do like that we stick to TOS actors (not least because it's the TOS forum).

5. The Old Mixer

He would have made a good captain or commodore on TOS, tho.... :p

6. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Girl From UNCLE, "The UFO Affair" featured Janet MacLachlan in a harem!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Anthony Caruso as you NEVER wanted to see him!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

For the World is Hollow, and I have Touched Joe Mannix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. EnsignHarper

EnsignHarper Captain Captain

I have not had the chance to go over the last 20++ pages, so I do not remember if this has been mentioned, but Here Come the Brides should have the record for the number of Trek guests as regular cast members - Mark Lenard, Robert Brown and David Soul. I was reminded this, when turning on AntennaTv, where it is shown early Sunday morning, and the guest star was....Nilz Baris! I guess there are very few shows, however, that William Schallert missed guesting on in the 60s....70s....80s.....:techman:

9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I assume you're familiar with Ishmael by Barbara Hambly? It's a Star Trek novel that is pretty much an unofficial Trek/Here Comes the Brides crossover. Spock falls through time and finds himself back in frontier Seattle . . . . .

10. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

We've been watching some episodes of WKRP on Cincinnati lately, involving Mr. Carlson's rich mother. Her butler was played by Ian Wolfe (Mr. Atoz), with a delightful dry sarcasm and some laugh-out-loud lines.

11. Christopher

Guests, maybe. But T.J. Hooker's second season had William Shatner, Richard Herd (Admiral Paris), and James Darren (Vic Fontaine) as regulars -- although, admittedly, at the time only one of the three had done Trek.

Then there's Gargoyles, whose main cast included Jonathan Frakes, Marina Sirtis, and Salli Richardson (from DS9: "Second Sight") and whose recurring cast included Brent Spiner, Michael Dorn, Kate Mulgrew, Nichelle Nichols, etc.

12. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've read that!

It has some great stuff in it, although the references to Ceti Eels before they would have been known about was jarring. That's the problem, I guess, with trying to cram new information from new material into an established storyline with only superficial research.

13. The Old Mixer

Not a "guest" on Trek, but I just caught De Kelley in a Perry Mason the other night.

14. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

You presume to speak for everyone, huh? Maybe some gals or guys think he's the bees knees. ;)

15. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Have you ever seen a bee's knees? YUCK! :lol:

The Mannix I watched this weekend featured Robert Lansing, but I'm too lazy to take screen grabs. :)

16. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, bee's knees are all covered with pollen. Wait...

17. Christopher

I just saw The Man From U.N.C.L.E.'s "The King of Diamonds Affair," which has four Trek guests: Ricardo Montalban, Nancy Kovack, John Winston, and George Sawaya. Interesting that Winston is in this one, since he was in both "Space Seed" and TWOK, the only non-main cast member to co-star with Montalban in both his Trek appearances.

Nancy Kovack, by the way, does The Worst English Accent I Have Ever Heard. It meanders freely between Prim English Governess and Scarlett O'Hara, with various unidentifiable stops along the way. The episode is full of dreadful English accents -- starting with a Mockney only Dick Van Dyke could love -- but Kovack can't even narrow it down to the right continent.

18. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I think I have some caps from that one upthread somewhere. Here's one:
    [​IMG]

Nancy looks completely different when she changes her hair color.

19. Christopher

^It should be noted, though, that Montalban's character is wearing a fake mustache in-story in that scene.

20. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Tough-as-nails police Lt. Ken Lynch arrests David Vincent in the Invaders episode "Counter Attack."

[​IMG]