Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I really struggled with it the first time around because I kept trying to defeat every enemy (that's what two games worth of behavioural conditioning does to you!) I must have died a dozen times, but it actually became pretty simple once I focused on just staying alive. Short version: kite like a crazy person! ;)

OK, let's try that again...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEJ48aU--sg[/yt]

Actually, I think it would have been better if it was part of Mass Effect 2. I mean the "great mystery" of the Collectors was that they were just left over Prothean husks. Whoopie..? The second game really should have been about finding the origin of the reapers and perhaps ended with the finding of the crucible blueprints.

In other news it looks like they're doing a viral thing again, though this time they have two accounts (Cerberus & the Talons) tweeting simultaneously. Wow, Cerberus's cryptologists are seriously overpaid, they're using a basic Caesar cipher. ;)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  2. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Yay! It worked! Thanks!

3. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Those creatures that were in the last comic look really good in this one.

They are at 0:47

4. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

So, I just discovered that an Alternate Appearance Pack came out, how did I miss this?

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Because I didn't bother posting about it in this thread when it came out? :p

The Adjutant. IIRC it was originally intended to be a part of the reaper forces in the main game, but it had some kind of teleport attack that gave the game engine fits, so it was cut and the concept was recycled for the comic. Nice that they got it in in the end.

6. Ood Sigma

Ood Sigma Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, I had a couple tries at the "just survive" strategy. The problem is that those damn Banshees would always trap me in a corner. My strategy became to kill them as quickly as possible and then when everyone else overran my position, I started running around and shooting like a madman. I finally managed to survive. Of course I was on the opposite end of the map from where I needed to be. I was sure I was going to die just trying to get to the missiles but somehow I made it.

Overall I wasn't a fan of the final mission on Earth. It seemed hard for the sake of being hard.

7. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So ok... Just took a loot at the alternate appearance pack screenshots. I was thrilled to see the design of the new Shep armor, since it's what the N7 Demolisher (my favorite multiplayer class) wears, and I always wished my SP engineer could wear it... and then I saw the Cerberus logos all over it. Really, Bioware? REALLY? How does that make any sense in the context of ME3? That's like the equivalent of "Oh hey, Captain America, here's a new suit to give you an edge in fighting the Nazis. Oh, and it has swastikas on it. Hope you don't mind."

/FACEPALM

8. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^ :lol: Yeah, I saw the alternate 'Cerberus' armour and laughed;

[​IMG]

Omega - It's better than Leviathan, but it's not without its problems. AD is in full effect, there's no decision wheel AT ALL. You get a few occasional interrupts but that's about it. Took me about 2 1/2 hours to complete, I'm not sure it's worth 1200 MSP.

As for my 'reward' for helping Aria retake Omega - Wow, thanks Aria, that's perfect for my LI.....hold on, I can't actually do anything with it?! WTF?! ARGH!

Enjoyed it far more than Leviathan, but they need to improve again for the next DLC IMO.

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the cerberus livery either. It's be nice if the armour sets had alternate skins. Even a straight texture swap rather than the full set of color/pattern options would be fine. An N7, or Spectre version of the Ajax would have been very nice indeed. I mean come on now Bioware it's been three games now, can we please have some spectre armour?

10. Camren

Camren Commodore Commodore

Anyone got/played the Omega DLC? Will download it this evening. Costs a tenner so it better be worth it.

11. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Played it last night. It's ok, but I don't think it's the best Mass Effect DLC out there. In terms of Mass Effect 3 DLC I found Leviathan to be more enjoyable.

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

It's becoming harder and harder for me to take this company seriously anymore. :sigh:

Help me, Dragon Age III. You're my only hope.

13. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Just finished it. According to my saves it took me 4 and a half hours in two sittings (started it last night) so the claim that it's the longest DLC to date seems accurate. Granted I was taking my time, looking around the maps for all pick-ups (yet somehow missed the spare part for that batarian engineer), read all the new codex entries and took time speaking with Aria after the missions so I'm sure one could easily cut an hour off of that.

Overall I'd say it was very good, but falls short of being the best DLC. As with the main game, there are a lot of wasted opportunities. The ending I thought was a little sudden and somewhat shallow. I won't get into spoilers but I was very disappointed with the way they handled the reason why Nyreen couldn't come back to the Normandy with you. Also, not getting Omega as a hub world after completing the DLC feels like a *huge* wasted opportunity. Even if it was nothing more than a few extra scan quests and an upgrade shop. On the postive side, they're certainly continuing Leviathan's trend of borrowing certain things from Multiplayer, which adds a nice amount of variety to the combat.

One thing that surprised me though was that they appear to have made a new elcor asset. It may just be a re-texture, but I swear the facial animations were different.

14. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, good, I'm not the only one who missed that the first time through.

That would surprise me, since the character was returning from ME2...

15. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

16. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

I missed it too. Along with the 3rd computer terminal for the hacker apparently.

17. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

The quality started to nosedive the instant EA took over. The source of the problem is obvious. Since the problem isn't going anywhere, I'd expect the nosedive to continue.

18. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Did anyone else keep finding Turians to revive? I never did find out what the point of that was. I half expected it to be for some sidequest or achievement, but I didn't see anything pop up.

19. Camren

Camren Commodore Commodore

Well at least one of them was found at the Talon base camp and thanks Shepard. But there were a few others I revived and don't think I saw them again. Although they all look the same...

20. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't think the problem is EA - I think the problem is that Bioware hamstrung themselves with a lot of the design and narrative decisions they made in this game and we're just seeing how badly they screwed themselves over with the DLC, since they're running up against those problems and having to work around or avoid dealing with them.