DEXTER Season 5 Discussion & Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dream, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Then again, it's just about the least surprising twist this show has ever done. I've been expecting that since last season. :rommie: I think that particular scene is mis-direction (Dex was just making dinner!) but something along those lines will occur in any case.

I just hope they don't kill Lumen next week. Doesn't seem like her story w/Dex is remotely over. Either she's on the run or in prison.

2. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

Wikipedia says next week, as well.

3. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ So does tv.com.

4. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

From the TWOP Recap of last weeks episode (concerning Jordan Chase):
    OMFG, I can't believe I'm just getting that right now.
    Trainspotting is one of my favourite movies, but I seriously did not recognise the actor until I read that.

Also, that Cat is real, apparently:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPWaQKuqENU

5. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if Deb finds out about Dexter completely or does she just find out about his involvement with Lumen and killing her tormentors? The conversation she had with Dexter about her vigilante theory and why someone would help the victim out in taking revenge may be foreshadowing of Deb just finding out about Dexter's role in the Barrel Girls case. Then they can drag the "Will Deb find out" thread for another season and have wonder about Dexter into next season.

6. Ensign_Redshirt

Ensign_Redshirt Commodore Commodore

"No, just a cat that hiccups and farts at the same time..." :lol:

7. Temis the Vorta

I'll bet that's it. She's primed to accept that level of badness from Dex, but finding out that Dex let Doakes take the fall for the BHB and all the rest is a bit too much. Now. But if she accepts one revelation, what will be the point at which she says too much?

8. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Changed my mind back, putting Dexter and Lumen together romantically was a bad idea, at least with the direction they chose to take it. Their whole shtick this episode basically devolved down to how much they lurrrrve each other (including Deb coming up with a wild theory about vigilante couples which is true only by the virtue of unsubtle writing). On top of not being very interesting to watch, it just telegraphed how much Lumen wouldn't be back next year. Or if she is, it'll be in a very limited capacity.

I hope it's at the least just a case of being a setup episode for a fantastic season finale but this still wasn't an ep up to the standard of the last few IMO.

9. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I hope the writers are setting up false expectations, and Lumen will be back full-time next year. If they're setting her up for death, they telegraphed it with the subtlety of repeatedly punching me in the face in last night's episode.

Also, Peter Weller sure was offed rather quickly. It's a good thing Dexter is only suspected by crazy people. If Weller had just called the police, who knows what would have happened.

10. MichaelDornFan

MichaelDornFan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Weller was probably my favorite part of the season. Shame his demise was so quick and undramatic.

Jordan Chase capturing Lumen was also a bit of a bore, and Emily's death was so random and uninteresting. What happened to gripping dialogue of the first couple seasons? :(

11. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, I think it would be insane to kill her off for the season finale... the writers would have so much to work with if she were kept alive, at least for some of the next season.

The Lumen character has grown on me.

12. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think it would help if the Dexter-Lumen relationship was less lovely-dovey and had more of the bent, passionate craziness of a Sylar/Elle-like relationship.

13. harrymckey

harrymckey Guest

I like all the TV shows of American TV show series. But my favorite TV show is Dexter because it is an action TV show and it gives a beatiful message to the society.

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

^ ok nice to know

Why do I get the feeling the writers may of backed themselves into a corner when it comes to the ending of this season. I feel its going to be a real marmite episode for this board (if you don't know what marmite is...its a british thing) ;)

15. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ harrymckey is a spammer. His (now removed) sig has links to other sites.

Next season on Dexter...

It's Dexter and Lumen...

vs. Mickey and Mallory!

16. Temis the Vorta

I wanted it to be even more terrifying - for Lumen to be so screwed up that she hated all men, and was plotting to take it out on Dexter in some particularly horrifying way once he'd help her dispose of the rapists, and has creepy scenes where she's on her own, setting up some kind of torture chamber/kill room, so that the audience knows what's coming but Dexter is oblivious and even manages to fall in love with Lumen while the audience is screaming at our TV sets DEXTER DEXTER! The crazy bitch is going to KILL YOU!!!!! :rommie:

Ah well, that would have been fun. But I think the plan for Lumen is for her storyline to lead to Dexter's redemption in the end. All he really wants is for people to accept him for what he is - not to have to reform to get people to accept him. That seems impossible, but now one person accepts him (just as Harry did before). If he can convince Deb and maybe Astor and Cody, then the show can end on a happy note, and without betraying the character by insisting he be "cured" and stop killing miscreants.

Pablum? :D Yeah, I think it'll be pablum compared with what this show used to be in S1-S2. I'd rather have Dexter get crazier and the show get crazier right up till the very final episode, but then a "happy ending" would be sheer impossibility and I do kinda want that happy ending, so I guess I just should accept whichever way the writers jump because I don't know how to have my cake and eat it too!

17. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

That it's okay to be a serial killer as long as you kill serial killers?
    :crazy:

18. MichaelDornFan

MichaelDornFan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Will the remaining Fuentes brother make an appearance in the finale?

19. Temis the Vorta

I'm still waiting for the little kid who was locked in the trunk of the junkyard car in S1 to get old enough to realize the guy he saw killing the bad lady was probably not Jesus after all! He still remembers what "Jesus" looks like and could go back to the Miami PD any day.

20. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    After watching this season you MUST know nothing is like it was in the first two seasons. A big ramp up at the end is not really making up for a quite boring first two thirds. It may be time for Dexter to go away for a rest.