"For the Uniform" Line-by-Line

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by LeadHead, Oct 28, 2013.

1. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Hello, Welcome!

We recently completed our "Year of Hell" Line-by-line" over in the Voyager forum!

After each completed thread, we're randomly picking someone who participated to choose the next episode we do. The lucky winner this time around was MickJo1701! And MickJo1701 has chosen "For the Uniform" as our next Line-by-Line challenge!

For any unfamiliar with our "game," you are asked to post only a single line (defined as one character speaking without interruption by another character) per message. You can post as often as you like, but someone else must post a line in between your posts.

Our "rule" is that if the episode has a "To Be Continued..." on the end, it is done in a single thread, but if it's just an arc of related episodes, each episode is a separate thread.

As before, at the conclusion of this thread, I or CoveTom, leandar, Enterprise1981 or one of our other great members of Team "Line-by-Line" will run the randomizer to determine who will pick the next episode and get it going.

Lets go and find Eddington!

2. LeadHead

Captain's Log, stardate 50485.2. I've come to Marva 4, a planet near the badlands, to rendezvous with an informer who claims to have information on the whereabouts of the Maquis leader and former Starfleet Officer, Michael Eddington.

Sisko walks through a cave in civilian clothes and reaches a large chamber, there are many humans around, the mood is not a happy one. Sisko walks up to an elderly man who is welding.

Sisko: I'm looking for a friend of mine.

The Man keeps welding.

Sisko: His name is Cing'Ta.

The man stops welding and points toward an adjoining area, covered by a curtain.

Sisko walks to the curtain and goes inside, nobody is there.

Sisko: Cing'ta?

Sisko begins to take something out of his vest pocket. A Klingon disruptor is put to his head.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  3. Enterprise1981

Enterprise1981 Vice Admiral Admiral

^ left this part out

(Sisko enters the curtained area.)

SISKO: Cing'ta?

(He reaches for his phaser, but a Klingon disruptor is put to his head.)

EDDINGTON: Throw it on the ground.

4. LeadHead

^ we're even now. :)

Sisko drops his phaser.

Eddington: Turn around.

Sisko turns to face Eddington. Eddington aims the disruptor away from Sisko.

Eddington: Hello, Captain.

Sisko: Eddington.

5. Enterprise1981

Enterprise1981 Vice Admiral Admiral

EDDINGTON: Mister Cing'ta won't be joining us. His shuttle had an accident on the way to this rendezvous.

6. Athena28

Athena28 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

SISKO: Is he dead?

7. MickJo1701

MickJo1701 Commander Red Shirt

Eddington: You just don't understand the Maquis, do you, Captain? We're not killers. Mister Cing'ta's accident has marooned him on a particularly nasty planet in the Badlands. But I assure you, he's very much alive.

8. LeadHead

Sisko: How merciful. You condemned him to a slow death.

9. Hoshi3

Hoshi3 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

EDDINGTON: It's more than he deserved. He was going to sell us out to you. He betrayed us.

10. LeadHead

Sisko: Now there's a subject you know a lot about.

11. Athena28

EDDINGTON: You've been on my tail for 8 months and now that we're face-to-face that's all you have to say to me?

12. MickJo1701

Sisko: I will say the rest at your court-martial.

13. Athena28

EDDINGTON: Tell me, Captain. What is it that bothers you more? The fact that I left Starfleet to fight for a higher cause, or the fact that it happened on your watch?

14. MickJo1701

Sisko: You didn't leave Starfleet. If you had, I wouldn't be here. You betrayed Starfleet. You used your position as Security Chief to feed the Maquis information about us, and at the same time, you misled us with false information about them. There is a word for that. Treason.

15. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

Eddington: Look out there.

(Sisko looks out into the main cave again.)

Eddington: Those people, They were colonists on Salva Two. They had farms, and shops, and homes, and schools, and then one day the Federation signed a treaty and handed their world over to the Cardassians. Just like that. They made these people refugees overnight.

16. LeadHead

Sisko: It's not that simple and you know it. These people don't have to live here like this. We've offered them resettlement.

17. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

EDDINGTON: They don't want to be resettled -- they want to go home to the lives they built. How would you feel if the Federation gave your father's home to the Cardassians? Think he'd like to be "resettled?"

18. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sisko: I'm not here to debate Federation policy with

19. Athena28

EDDINGTON: I didn't tell you to turn around. Look at them, Captain. They're humans, just like you and me, and Starfleet took everything away from them. Remember that the next time you put on that uniform. There's a war out there and you're on the wrong side.

20. LeadHead

Sisko: You know what I see, Mister Eddington? I see victims. Not victims of Starfleet or the Federation, but victims of you, The Maquis. You sold these people on the dream that they could go back to those homes and shops and schools, but you know they never can. And the longer you keep that hope alive, the longer these people will suffer.

Sisko turns to face Eddington.

Sisko: Go ahead, shoot me.