Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I had a random thought earlier: What if neither Cora nor Regina are natives of the Enchanted Forest?

The reason the question came up in my mind is because Cora ''became'' the Queen of Hearts entirely too easily in Wonderland. If it were that easy to earn nobility in any of the magical realms, why wouldn't she have done that in the Enchanted Forest either before or after her banishment to Wonderland? The fact that she had a thing for hearts even before that banishment suggests a lot, too.

What's more, if you take a good, long look at Regina's father, particularly his outfit, he bears a striking resemblance to a certain inhabitant of Wonderland. Even the role he served after Regina became Queen is similar.

And then you have Regina herself. A fair, mostly innocent young woman who retained that general innocence until her mother had the love of her life murdered. If Cora was as evil and manipulative as we knew her to be, how did Regina succeed at being so relatively good for most of her life? What if, instead, she was a real girl who accidentally fell into Wonderland, thwarted Cora, and as payback Cora ''stole'' her away when they were throwing her out of Wonderland, and manipulated her into believing she was Cora's daughter?

The fact that they relied on the Mad Hatter for most of their dimensional hopping, and the Hatters obsession with Regina, is all just icing on the cake.

Like I said, just a random thought.

2. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

But wouldn't that ^^ negate the idea that Cora was the miller's daughter?

3. Mister Fandango

Not necessarily. Though trying to figure out the timeline in this show is bogglesome.

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Well that phrase didn't originate with Robocop and that wouldn't be the first thing that popped into my mind if heard it. In fact, I've seen Robocop more than once and don't recall the line being said.

5. Mister Fandango

No, that phrase really was popularized by (as opposed to originated from) Robocop. Your personal memory notwithstanding.

6. Nerys Myk

I didn't doubt it was in the movie, it just wasn't a line that makes me think "Robocop!" So I could understand why the woman in Guy's story would look at him like he's nuts.

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I'd never heard it until I saw Robocop.

8. Nerys Myk

I'm old. I saw Robocop in 1987. The ticket was at the adult price.

9. sojourner

10. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The moral of the story is that you shouldn't try to make idle conversation with street hookers?

Cussing a guy because a)you're too stupid to tell that it was just a joke you didn't get or b)any man speaking to you is hitting on you and sex is bad so you have to verbally bitch slap him, well, there's no way to come out of that with an honest self-respect. Self-esteem on the other hand is horribly overrated.

11. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I am getting a little tired of the Snow angst. Yes, Regina has been out to get her for a long time, but the woe is me each week is a little exhausting.

(The little actress that plays small Snow is fab though.)

I don't know if Dark Snow will be better. (I somehow doubt it.) I would rather they give Snow a rest and let Ruby save the day.

12. js

js Captain Captain

Yeah, "The Miller's Daughter" pretty much implies that Cora is going to turn out to be part of the classic/original Rumpel story where she promises her firstborn child in exchange for marrying the king.

13. Mister Fandango

It's a good thing everyone is limited to being in only one story!

(Note, also, that no one mentions which king. And assuming she did give up her child, she'd probably want another one pretty badly, be it by hook or by crook.)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  14. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

If Cora is the Miller's daughter, I still won't feel sorry for her. Cora, is pure evil.

15. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

She'll have to disguise herself as Emma. :rommie:

16. Mister Fandango

That response was linked to my theory from the previous page, in which I think Regina might be Alice and Cora "stole" her when she was ousted from Wonderland, making her believe she was Cora's daughter.

Since, again, the "king" Rumpelstiltskin could have married Cora to was the King of Hearts. It's not like she was a queen when we first met her, yeah? And her alleged husband, Henry does resemble the White Rabbit just a little too much.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched the last one today and thought it was pretty good. I'm very curious to exactly what went on between Cora and Eva. I like Hook and Neal/Bae/Peter Pan? so I wouldn't mind if they stuck around for a while. Not really looking forward to Snow going dark again, we've already gotten that.

18. sojourner

Hook is on his way to being beaten up more times than Worf.

19. js

js Captain Captain

:lol:

20. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Well, this IS the guy whose claim to fame was always losing to a bunch of kids.