Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I was reading thru them earlier today. Interesting section on the NX-01.5 Refit. Shame that ENT never got a Season 5. Apparently the plan was to constantly upgrade the ship through-out the series, being that it was the experimental maiden ship and would need constant upgrading as it encountered new and more dangerous threats. Some of the initial designs for the NX-01 included a secondary hull. Wished they would have gone with that to begin with. Probably would have helped with the ratings.

2. mtblillie

mtblillie Captain Captain

3. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

I'm willing to bet the addition of a secondary hull on the hero ship would have had absolutely zero impact on the ratings... ;)

4. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

IMO they screwed up. By the time NX-02 came out, they should have names the class and stopped with the "NX" thing.

The "Archer" class would have been sufficient.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Nice to see something besides action figures for a change. There are never enough spaceship replicas out there.

6. mtblillie

mtblillie Captain Captain

I actually liked the pre-fed concept. The show had a real NASA feel to it.

7. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Exciting!

I agree. Some things like naming patterns SHOULD be different from the Federation Starfleet. I liked NX-class. Even if they went with a name, they would've named the class after its prototype, not a captain.

I do wish they'd come up with some class name for the Intrepid. Maybe NS or NC. Maybe not even something starting with an N.

8. Yanks

It's not that I had a real heartache with it. But being a 30 year Navy guy I know how ships are numbered. It's just a little off to have an entire class as "experimental".

I agree, Enterprise and the NX-01 touched base with real NASA more than any other series.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  9. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

And the uniforms were probably the most practical of all the shows as well - pockets and everything! :)

10. Yanks

Agree. Loved them.

11. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Any luck getting the second shipment in the US? I still haven't seen mine and were about a week away from the DS9 special being shipped.

12. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

Nope, still nothin'. But it's been less than a month since I received the first shipment, so I'm not worried yet.

13. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

I'd like to see the Karemma starship from "Starship Down" get a model; it is one of the coolest looking Micro Machines I have. The Bajoran raider from "The Siege", the Flaxian ship from "Improable Cause", the Miradorn raider from "Vortex" (reused in TNG's "Gambit") and the Boslic ship from "Babel" would also be nice to see.

14. 137th Gebirg

The Bird of Prey and NX-01 just arrived! Yep, delivery to the 'States seems to be almost a full month behind the UK. The rest of you all should be getting them soon.

15. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

Great news! I figured it was going to be soon.

16. trekker670

Same here, I was charges about 2.5 weeks ago, so I figured people would be getting them soon. There seems to be a rather large spread for when people get their orders. For the first shipment, I got it less than 2 weeks after payment, while I've heard others didn't get theirs until rights around the 3 week (or a few days later) that Eaglemoss estimates.

17. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got my first shipment, at exactly a week after Oct. 9th, so around the 16th.

I don't know when I was charged for the 2nd shipment, but I've been patiently waiting every day now to see if they show up...nothing yet. Now that it has started to arrive, maybe I'll be getting them tomorrow or Saturday.

18. 137th Gebirg

Got a new email about the DS9 issue:
    I know some people have had problems with their customer service in the past, but I personally continue to be impressed with how they let people know what's going on.

19. trekker670

20. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Who said the entire class was experimental? I think you may be confusing "NX", which is the class name that Earth starships Enterprise and Columbia belonged to, and "NX", which is the registry prefix given to class prototypes by the Federation Starfleet.