The Prayer Requests thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by _C_, Mar 14, 2013.

1. _C_

_C_ Commander Red Shirt

Mods/admins, could you please sticky this? I had this idea for awhile and finally decided to do it.

I'd like this thread to be used for prayer requests. Any religion is welcome. What I'm hoping is those of us who belong to a religion and feel the need for prayer support can come here and just list it. You don't have to state your religion or a person's name if you don't want to. All you need to do is state the issue at hand (ie "My mom is very sick, please pray for her" or "I'm fighting depression, prayers will help" etc.)

Just so you all know, I don't go shoving my religion in people's faces or say atheists are going to hell for not believing in a higher power. I just think a prayer thread might help those who do believe in a higher power to cope with a hard situation in their lives.

I'll start. (You don't have to be detailed, I just am because so much went on.)

My dad needs some prayers. He's going through deep brain stimulation surgery to combat Parkinson's disease. He had the first electrode placed in the left side of his brain on Tuesday, next Tuesday he gets the second one placed on the right, and on the 28th he gets the battery packs implanted in his chest.

The surgery went REALLY well on Tuesday, and I personally believe it's both the skill of the surgeon AND the prayers I said before, during and now after. Daddy still has more to go through and it's tough on him. But it's a cross to bear and the payoff is going to be magnificent.

My dad's name is Dale.

Your turn :)

2. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I think a tread like this would be a wonderful addition to the board.

My prayer request: I suffer from depression and have been unemployed for several months. I need physical and mental healing. I also need to get an income very soon. Thanks to all who will see this and remember me in their prayers.