Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Salinga, Dec 5, 2012.

1. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Great stuff. This is what we mean when we talk about fans (in the industry) being involved in the material, there's a different level to the attention to detail.

RAMA

2. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Crap, they compared Emergence with Masks again...Emergence=hideous crap, Masks=one of STNG's best hours...ugh.

RAMA

3. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

Well, I don't know about that! But it all comes down to personal preference, doesn't it? He also implied seasons 5 & 6 of TNG were the best seasons, whereas I would give that honor to 3 & 4. To each his own, I suppose. :)

4. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Emergence, bad, you say?

Yeeee haw, New Vertiform City! :rommie:

5. sadsquid

sadsquid Lieutenant Red Shirt

I liked both Emergence and Masks :( Better than some other Season 7 episodes, although I'm usually less harsh on Season 7 than most.

Agree with him on Season 6 though, it's my favourite! Very underrated season IMO.

6. yousirname

yousirname Commander Red Shirt

Never really cared for either of them. But Masks at least has the virtue of being laughably bad. Emergence is just mediocre IMO. Anything that gives Spiner the chance to ham it up that much gets some credit in my book.

7. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I always skip 'em both. When the Blu-ray of S7 comes out, it'll be the first time I've seen either of them since about '96 or so. I'm not expecting much. ;)

8. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Personally, I really like both Masks and Emergence. With Masks particularly, being one of those "oddball" episodes Star Trek often does so well.

9. FrontierTrek

FrontierTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

10. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I remember really disliking Masks when it first aired and that is the first and only time I ever saw it. I will finally re-watch it when S7 comes out though. I do remember liking Emergence but it's probably been just as long since I saw that episode as well. Looking forward to watching it again.

Great interviews as always FrontierTrek! I was on the fence about buying Enterprise but after hearing about all the great VAM I think I'm going to go ahead and buy it!

11. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Masks is great, should have gotten several Emmy's...Emergence is only one level above Shades of Gray on the crapometer.

Yay, early CG tests of the E-D! Thanks Trekcore.

RAMA

12. FrontierTrek

13. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:eek: Wow, under those circumstances, I'm glad Enterprise was as good as it was. That crap barely flew in Smallville, but Enterprise? Wooooooow.

Thanks again for the interview. I'd love to see every recurring actor appear in the documentaries eventually. In fact, they should have a brief documentary just on all the stand-in actors that we came to recognize over and over throughout the show. Guy Vardaman, Lorine Mendell, David Anderson, Randy James, Cameron, etc.

14. Savage Dragon

The VAM we'll be getting is just blowing me away. It's an exciting time to be a Star Trek fan again!

15. Dick_Valentine

Dick_Valentine Commander Red Shirt

How about mentioning on The Enterprise VAM why they suddenly switched to saying "we need to get back to Enterprise" etc instead of "We need to get back to THE Enterprise" which had been established in Trek canon previously.

Always jars with me when I watch it, if I've had a particularly bad day then I usually shout "THE Enterprise!" out at them every time they drop it :p

Looking forward to the CGI tests, particularly all the alternate warp effects they went through before they ended up at the magnificent "rubber band effect" ;)

16. Savage Dragon

Did they always say just "enterprise" when referring to the ship on Enterprise? If so I don't see the problem.

17. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

VAM VAM VAM!

I'd almost just buy the STNG and ENT Blurays just for the extras.

RAMA

18. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not going to buy Enterprise (Might buy DS9 when they get to that remastering) but these special features sound awesome. I really do wish CBS would put them on their Youtube channel like a few months after the sets come out. I would watch and subscribe to them if they did.

19. FrontierTrek

And the final part of our ROGER LAY, JR. interview with some more great TNG Blu information!

http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/02/exclusive-roger-lay-jr-interview-part-v-2/

Roger talks about his hopes to make the "reunion" feature a common theme on the sets, and discusses some of his ideas for combinations in futures seasons.

Plus - some great information on an idea for a "composers reunion". This sounds AMAZING to me - I'm a huge Trek music fan - and it's wonderful to see Ron Jones is locked in for Season 4!

20. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I took notice to the composers reunion. With Lala Land kind of leading the way with Trek Music in the last year, I would love if this kind of feature was on the sets. I admit, a lot of the trek music isn't all that great, but there are still a lot of memorable moments and Music is always a good thing. That composers reunion would sound awesome if they get it to happen.