Love Old School Trek Classics? Let's Bantam Banter...

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by T'Avri, Oct 8, 2014.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bantam's Trek is an odd mix. Marshak and Culbreath's novels are thinly veiled K/S, and my least favourite; Death's Angel has the silliest aliens in Trek, although I enjoyed it a great deal; Vulcan! disappointed me; I liked The Starless World a great deal, mostly for the background on Uhura's father; Spock Must Die! was very enjoyable; Spock, Messiah! wasn't; Trek to Madworld is joined with Pocket's How Much for Just the Planet? in batshit craziness, although it's not nearly as good IMO; Perry's Planet, World Without End, Devil World, Planet of Judgement, Mudd's Angels, the New Voyages anthologies and The Galactic Whirlpool I have almost no memory of.

2. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

Just finished Ishmael.
    One of the best Spock novels I have read. If not the best. I'll have to think about that.
    Shows his character to be very much a stranger in a strange land everywhere he goes.

3. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

Just finished Ishmael.
    One of the best Spock novels I have read. If not the best. I'll have to think about that.
    Shows his character to be very much a stranger in a strange land everywhere he goes.

4. TheAlmanac

TheAlmanac Writer Captain

While reorganizing some books recently, I came across a few Bantam titles I bought a while back with the intention of getting a complete collection...

Since there aren't that many titles to begin with, perhaps it's time I get the rest and start my own read-through. :)