I completed Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TEH BABA, Jun 18, 2009.

1. TEH BABA

TEH BABA Commodore Commodore

I killed a lot of chicoms and it made me feel good.

2. Adagio

Adagio Captain Captain

I don't know if I'm going to get this. From what I understand, this takes place in the "holodeck" area of Fallout 3, which I didn't care for.

3. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The weapons you get after you finish the simulation are worth it. The campaign itself wasn't much fun.

The other DLC releases have been much better (The Pitt and Broken Steel).

Point Lookout, the newest DLC, is due out next week (supposedly).

4. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I was thinking about getting this today but I picked up Galactic Civilizations 2 and the Fallout Trilogy instead :lol:

5. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Indeed, my Winterized Power Armour has not deteriorated since I got it which is Great.

Operation Anchorage has definitely been the weakest of the DLC.

I can't wait for the next expansion.

I am halfway through 29th level and I need more XP.

6. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The armour and the railgun are great, especially if you take the expansion immediately as I did. It sets you up and you can take on just about any enemy in the game.

The simulation was pretty easy in OA. Plus once you're done and killed who you need you can make a good amount of cash with what you pick up from the bodies to fund you early.

7. LutherSloan

Yeah, the Winterized Power Armor has a glitch in it that keeps it from deteriorating (not that I'm complaining). For whatever reason the develop team has ignored it.

8. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Still wearing mine through all the DLC. ;)

Yeah, Operation Anchorage is the least value of all so far BUT it is on sale this week on XBL, 30% off I think.

IMO Broken Steel was the best.
    I'm still playing little side missions from it.

I keep saying I'm just going to wait untill the GOTY version in October and just get it all togther but then I find myself just D/L'ing it anyway.

Fallout 3 is by far is the best value I have gotten in a game in quite a while.

9. TEH BABA

TEH BABA Commodore Commodore

Have you ever played Fallout 2? Besides i use rail gun for range gun and the mysterious ranger for up close. I have my pc Have you ever played Fallout 2? Besides i use rail gun for range gun and the mysterious ranger for up close. I have my pc fallout 3 maxed at 1400 * 900. Nvidia now has ambient occlusion makes it real pretty.PKerr I suppose you use bloom lighting when play ing fallout 3.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  10. johnsonalmighty

johnsonalmighty Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've beaten all three DLC, gotten all the achievments for em...then my xbox broke

11. Iasius

Iasius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I haven't played Fallout 3 since OA came out. I was quite frustrated at the way it was sold. You could only buy the German version in Germany, even though I had an English version from a Swedish online retailer precisely because I do not like translated games (I've seen a few movies that were dubbed quite well, for example LOTR, but most games and movies get a much lower translation budget and the quality usually suffers immensely).
    I suppose I should see what has changed in that regard and maybe check out a few mods I was already looking at back then.

12. LutherSloan

Point Lookout is confirmed for release next week, but I forget what day. Probably Thursday.

13. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

the chinese stealth suit rules, Jingwei's shocksword is the best melee weapon in the game, and I'm greatfull for Bethesda overlooking the winterized t-51b glitch

14. LutherSloan

Can't forget the best sniper rifle in the game (the gauss rifle).