My God, it's full of THREAD BOMBS!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Spaceman Spiff, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJBryant

AJBryant Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

JEEZ!!!

Do you mind NOT posting gifs of people getting HURT?

There were at least two critical injuries in that series you just showed. I can't recall what I heard about the kid on the skateboard, but that did not end well for him.

Not everyone thinks people getting seriously injured is FUNNY.

2. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

You're absolutely right. I've deleted the post.

And, for the record, I don't find people getting hurt to be funny either. I was unaware that any of these thread bombs were from reputable, newsworthy occasions where persons had been seriously injured. Many is the time these kinds of things are posted here and nobody bats an eye. I'm not excusing it, but there's also no need to overreact.

3. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think it's so much funny as it is shocking. I had never seen that video of the skateboarding kid and I wasn't laughing, I was gasping at how painful it looked. Of course, people do laugh at such things, and it doesn't make them bad people. We all react differently to a shocking, unusual situation. For some, it's to laugh. This is why slapstick is still consistently popular decades after it was made common on old comedy shows.

I don't think it's in bad taste to show these, as long as the sentiment isn't "guy got what he deserved". It's just human interest to see such shocking things.

4. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Meh. It's not worth the onslaught of grief it would create.

5. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, I'm not saying you should have to show them again, just that it doesn't make you a bad person for showing them in the first place.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.