Jurassic Park 4 becomes 'Jurassic World'

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gojira, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

2. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know I'll watch this. I hope the ghost of Robert Muldoon makes an appearance.

3. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm willing to be proven wrong, but, and I admit I didn't read the link...

Sigh.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

There is nothing to read in the link, just name and release date.

My guess is that there is more than one park. The rumours were that Jurassic Park is up and running and then things go wrong. So maybe it's a Jurassic World because of more than one park.

5. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, It would be nice to see it realized as a park franchise by now, similar to theme parks around the world. It would undoubtedly create panic across the world if something should go wrong.

6. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

JP4 has been in development for years. It's getting to be case of I believe it when I see it.

7. bigdaddy

There was a horrible script for JP4 dealing with Power Rangers training dino-human-dog hybrids to kill the dinosaurs that made it to the mainland. The script was leaked and was scrapped.

Then people died and they wondered if they should bother at all but it looks like they tried something out, we shall see.

8. DonIago

That sounds like the most awful cross-universe fan-fiction imaginable...and I've heard some pretty awful cross-universe fan-fiction.

Like the one that combined:
    Pokemon
    Terminator
    Aliens
    Care Bears

Or:
    Talespin
    Die Hard

9. Gojira

I remeber reading that one JP4 script did have human/dino hybrid monsters. I think there was even some concept art about it. I am glad that never saw the light of day.

10. Gojira

11. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree.:klingon:

12. DonIago

I don't see how anyone could think it would be a good idea to actually build parks that feature dinosaurs. Especially in a timeline where there've apparently been at least three major incidents in which the dinosaurs escaped control.

Okay, granted I didn't see the third film, so maybe just two major incidents.

13. TheGoodStuff

TheGoodStuff Captain Captain

Ugh that is just so lame. They make hundreds of parks, worldwide and then the dinosaurs escape from them all at once and then....?

We dont just shoot them and burn the corpses?

If there must be ANOTHER extension of a classic, can we not just have something more akin to JP1. Or even JP2?

14. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

By now, they should have it split up into sections, like EPCOT: Jurassic Park, Triassic Park, Permian Park....

15. bigdaddy

It's better than Power Ranger trained human/dinosaurs.

I agree there really shouldn't be anymore parks, doesn't make sense.

They didn't want to nuke the island because that's how Godzilla starts. ;) But I'd love to see a movie where dinosaurs make it to the mainland and the military takes them out.

16. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I suppose if the story were really well-executed, it could work. But the concept itself feels pretty played out by now.

17. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh c'mon! It's dinosaurs! And they have been very well done in the past, so I'm in!

I must say, though, that the title Jurassic World makes me think of Wayne's World. "Jurassic World! DI-nosaurs! EXcellent!"

18. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I like the idea of Jurassic World being about to genie being out of the bottle. The dinosaurs can no longer be contained on islands. They are on the mainland. Humanity better get used to it. :eek:

19. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

That idea sounds better suited to a SyFy cable movie. "Coming up next on SyFy: Humanosaurus!"

20. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

And what would the story be? How can the characters overcome and achieve anything? Like a) catching all dinosaurs, b) terminating all dinosaurs or c) escape from the planet.

Jurassic Park 4 is a doomed concept, I'm certain of that. It has all the traits of films that bombed and sucked. They don't have an inspired idea for a story, but they want another film. This kind of motivation has never resulted in a good film. I have read so much about shitty story ideas. Like some madman trying to combine human and dinosaur DNA. Another story was about someone using dinosaurs as distraction for a bank robbery. Now it's something like "Dinosaurs all over the world!" but what story is that?