Tasha Yar Presents: "Making Good Career Decisions"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Picard Maneuver, Jan 20, 2010.

1. We recently attended a seminar given by Tashar Yar on “Making Good Career Decisions”. Oddly enough, “have an actual career” wasn’t high on the list. However, these 5 rules were. Enjoy:

http://www.trekspace.org/profiles/blogs/tasha-yar-presents-making-good

1. If you’re not happy at your job, quit in haste! If you later regret the decision, apologize to your boss and ask for your job back. If that doesn’t work, another reasonable solution is to get a temp job by creating a rip in the space-time continuum, and dress up and pose as your daughter.

2. Sleep your way to the top: Have a one-night stand with a robot. They really know the “mechanics” of the whole thing.

3. Treat yourself once in a while! Take well-deserved vacations to exotic places like Hawaii or Vagra II.

4. Make an impression: Get a hair cut like a 1930’s paperboy. You wouldn’t want people to think you’re too attractive.

5. Avoid interoffice politics, insulting co-workers, and angry sludge monsters.

[​IMG]

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I'm not a fan of Crosby's as I think she's been trying to shoehorn her way back into Trek ever since she left for not being used enough. Yeah, Denise, your career turned out real well since doing that!

He returm in Yesterday's Enterprise was well used and the twist with her daughter in Unifaction and Redemption was also well done, but then she started doing documentaries about the fandom, etc. You can just see she regreted her bone-headed decision to bail out of a TV series during its first season with a looming writer's strike going on.

3. We defintally understand you're point... But, comming back dressed as a b*tchy romulan is kind of hot. Crosby wins again.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw: :guffaw:

Ever read the novel Q-Squared?
    There's one scene where two different versions of Tasha run into each other. One is from a universe which is only slightly different - it's one where Jack Crusher is captain and Picard is his XO. Tasha in that universe is like she was on the show. Anyway, that Tasha sees her counterpart from a "Yesterday's Enterprise"-type universe - one where the Ent-C failed in its mission and the war with the Klingons continues - and starts laughing, like she can't believe her counterpart looks like that. :lol:

5. That's awsome! No, I've never read it before, but now I think I will. It is a picture book... right?

:rommie:

Ever read the novel Q-Squared?
    There's one scene where two different versions of Tasha run into each other. One is from a universe which is only slightly different - it's one where Jack Crusher is captain and Picard is his XO. Tasha in that universe is like she was on the show. Anyway, that Tasha sees her counterpart from a "Yesterday's Enterprise"-type universe - one where the Ent-C failed in its mission and the war with the Klingons continues - and starts laughing, like she can't believe her counterpart looks like that. :lol:
    [/QUOTE]

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ No, it's a hardcover Trek novel by Peter David. Linky

7. Alrik

Alrik Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

What.....do ya think you're a comedian or somethin'?

Oops. My bad. Looks like you guys actually are. :p ;) :lol:

Welcome aboard. :techman:

8. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

I have no doubt that it is a decision that she has regretted for years and years. And years.

9. You_Guyz

You_Guyz Commander

Is there a nitrous oxide leak in here? Talk about laughing about nothing.

10. That was either a crack at Crosby's carrer, or our carrer. Accurate either way.

Thanks for reading! :techman:

11. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    Stupid move to leave TNG. What other jobs did she have lined up? I would've stuck it out for at least three years. And if I was getting harrassed, like Gates McFadden was, I still wouldn't have quit. But I would've disconnected his spark plugs everytime he showed up for work.

12. Saxman1

Saxman1 Commodore Commodore

Crosby did an episode or two of "Red Shoe Diaries", at least one where she was topless and even then she wasn't hot. :devil:

13. buckeyenation

buckeyenation Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

As Robert DeNiro said in The Untouchables, "We laugh because it's funny, and we laugh because it's true"

14. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

DeNiro, really? I could have sworn that was Homer Simpson.

And to keep things on topic, I am still disapointed that Crosby left TNG. I liked Sela too, but it wasn't the same.

15. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

I seem to recall reading in a TNG magazine (maybe even the failed "Star Trek: The Magazine") that she was let go because they didn't have the bduget and Gene and/or the studio wanted to focus on Worf. And Gene regretted it.

Being a background character at the time, I imagine his salary went up as soon as he became a regular cast member.

16. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You're mistaken. She chose to leave, because she was unhappy w/ the lack of direction for her character, and she thought she could launch a film career. Roddenberry was upset that she was leaving, so had her character killed to avoid any possibility of her coming back.

Doug

17. Alrik

Alrik Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^

Yup. I believe she then went on to do that block buster, 'Pet Sematary'. Everyone remembers that one, right? :lol:

18. alte

alte Commander Red Shirt

I remember when Crosby came back as Sela.
    I thought her new look reminded me of
    Becky from "Roseanne"...

[​IMG]

Either way, BOTH left their hit TV shows
    and well...you know the rest:)

19. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    I hated first Becky.

20. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I liked the second Becky, myself.

I thought the first Vivian was cooler than the second....(i.e. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air).

I don't know how I feel about the Darren's (sp?) from Bewitched, however....:confused:

Anywho, I'm a Yar fan....but I absolutely hated Sela, and that hair....and that Romulan uniform. (That characters should have came to a bitter end...):evil:

However, if she wore something akin to the Romulan Commander of the classic 'Enterprise Incident'....:shifty:..I might see things a bit...differently....