Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TK421, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Nah, we're not there, yet, but we're creeping on towards it.

2. Robert Simmons

Robert Simmons Commander Red Shirt

Out There Joy Riding a console hopping galaxies
    Shuttles...and Tholians and Teasers..OH MY!

3. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

i bet the whole episode will turn out to be cutty's dream.

4. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

FINE, JUST DROP A PICTURE AND RUN AWAY!!!

Some people don't realize how much we fans....:wah: miss TOS, and any good quality SF. They say a picture is worth a thousand words.... this one alone could be the teaser for an entire episode!!!

So go ahead, toss out those pictures.... pull our chain... make us crazy with speculation.... drama to the max... Lead us down the path, then just yank the carpet out from under us.... (psssst, got any more pictures.....)

5. dayxday1000

dayxday1000 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

What's cooler than cool? Ice cold?......nah. THIS IS COOL!

6. Maurice

^^^I just want y'all to know this is going to happen, one way or another.

7. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Right - but in the meantime... ;)

8. Maurice

Well, imagine if I'd shown them what happens 15 frames later. ;)

9. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

What a tease you are sir!

10. Expo67

Expo67 Captain

Instead of just snippet pics of the final act, Let's just see the final act in its entire form, period.

It's been too long and way overdue(something that should never have happened).

So, let's celebrate the 45th Anniversary of TOS by viewing ACT IV in its final form.

11. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Or maybe we should just let the guy who's taken over the editing job finish it up as his free time permits.

12. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's crazy talk. We demand it all right now!

(I'm told sarcasm doesn't convey well on the interwebs. That was sarcasm. I'm all in favor of letting them finish when they can. And good luck.)

13. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

I want to see the final act as much as anyone (maybe more as my small efforts show up in that act). But I'm willing to wait patiently.

But while we are waiting, I photoshopped together a couple shots of the shuttlecraft interior under construction for Jimm and Josh a few years back (just for fun).

[​IMG]

No shots of it finished though... but it looked great! The mnfx guys did an awesome job on it. :techman:

14. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Another fine idea from the other side of the pound!

15. Expo67

Expo67 Captain

That's all well and good. However, showing snippets to the fans is only going to increase their frustration and impatience ten-fold. And that won't help the situation at all.

I mean, it's rather uncooth, tormenting fans like that. Especially when this final act has been way overdue for some time, and all inquiring fans have gotten is very little to no response at all. Or if they have, all they have gotten is rude answers.

That's almost like poking and prodding a wasps nest. Or worse, like a feline tormenting a mouse(ala Tom and Jerry).

I say quit teasing the fans with snippets and just release it in time for the 45th Anniversary.

16. aridas sofia

aridas sofia Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Are you serious? Someone undertakes making an episode of a TV show that, had it been made in the 1960s, would have had a budget in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. They do it without any compensation, as a free gift to you and your reply is, "You're uncooth" (sp).

They don't owe you squat. So don't bitch about what you didn't do a thing to earn, haven't done a thing to see come to fruition, and won't pay a dime for once it's done.

17. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

I do agree, hence my tongue in cheek post in December about a Letter to Santa...

(I guess I wasn't on the good list)

So how about a hint...

Will I neeed to write a letter to the Easter Bunny?...Uncle Sam?..The Great Pumpkin?..

18. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Aren't you prodding a wasps' nest by asking?

It'll come when it comes. Senator Therin knows all. ;)

19. Expo67

Expo67 Captain

No, I'm just making an inquiry. Maybe in your part of the world people don't exercise that right as much, but in the USA, we do. People are entitled to ask questions. And if people don't like exercising such a freedom, well, that's their decision. Not mine.

It's just a matter of principle. Maybe some would consider it as 'bitchin', but others don't.

20. aridas sofia

aridas sofia Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, Kentucky... in the part of the world where my family comes from (the mountains of Tennessee), if a person "exercises his freedom" as rudely as you've done, it's liable to start a feud. Which I think you've done.

Bottom line is, if they decide to never release another minute of their film, we don't have the slightest room for complaint. What they are doing is a gift, plain and simple. You just don't have any room to complain when a gift isn't what you expected or when it doesn't come when you're expecting it to come. Mainly because your complaints won't accomplish a thing other than stirring up bad blood. Wouldn't it be great if, having read your demanding posts, the folks making Exeter decide it just isn't worth it to finish the thing? That fans are unappreciative, so why bend over backwards for them? Your complaints will have served quite a purpose then, huh?

Poking and prodding a hornet's nest, indeed.