South Park: Season 18

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by tharpdevenport, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm watching the drone episode again and now I remember that part that had me in stitches;

Mr Stotch comes into Butters' room and he's laying in bed panting desperately for air saying hey dad I was just sleeping as he's completely out of breath because he just raced upstairs and his dad doesn't even notice :lol:

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Wow. Just wow.

That episode was 29 minutes of 'WTF?!' then maybe the best payoff ever.

3. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That might be he most whacked out episode of South Park I have ever watched.

And it was absolutely brilliant. This season has been amazing.

4. JirinPanthosa

I wonder if that was their original idea or if their original idea was just to have Cartman trick Butters all episode when somebody said "Hey you know this is a little similar to other stuff we've done", so they took the concept and just went apeshit with it.

5. JirinPanthosa

You know what just occurred to me? South Park is probably the series with the most episodes for which I've seen every single episode ever made.

254 episodes, Seinfeld would probably come in second at 180 followed by the seven season Treks. Maybe The Office at 201 though I think there are a handful I haven't.

The show for which I've seen the most episodes for would probably be between Simpsons, The Daily Show and SNL, though I haven't even come close to seeing all of any of them.

6. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

This season has been kind of weak overall, but the latest episode was awesome, easily my favorite episode of the season. They did a good job keeping me guessing as to what was actually happening, and it was pretty funny. I thougt it was going to be a generic "Cartman messes with Butters" episode, but they took it in a different direction. It was definitely a great episode.

7. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

"Grounded Vindaloop"

This is the SP I remember from years ago. I mean, it's not friggin' amazing, but it's involving, funny, leaves you guessing, and is good fun. And we get to see Butters in real life.

Eight stars, of ten.

8. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Loved the twist at the end and the "graphics kind of sucked" line.
    Sort of wish they'd dubbed in the normal voices however.

9. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Randy's cock magic to Barbie Girl was absolutely brilliant. :guffaw::guffaw:

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

"Cock Magic" was pretty funny. The first time they showed roosters playing a card game I couldn't stop laughing :lol:

I was just thinking last night... there are so many characters we never ever see anymore from the early days. Doctor Mephesto and Kevin. Officer Barbrady. The Mayor. Pip. Chef, obviously. Mister Garrison in a major role. I miss these guys.

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Randy is the greatest character ever on TV :guffaw:

12. JirinPanthosa

Pip and Chef are dead, so is Ms Crabtree. Chef was killed off because they had a falling out with Isaac Hayes over the scientology episode. The other two were just, screw it, we never use these characters anymore so let's randomly off them. Mr Garrison still gets used quite a bit though. When characters vanish on South Park is often because their role gets replaced. Pip disappeared because Butters took his role. Barbrady disappeared because the cop drama cops took his.

I like the way they've started using Wendy again though. For a long time they barely used her.

Yeah, when they were told they were going to see something really hardcore I wondered what direction they were going to go in. I thought, either they were going to do something adult-nerdy like cosplaying or they were going to do something really violent like cockfighting. When I saw they actually combined the two I burst out laughing.

Edit: Actually, just remembered something. Chef is not technically dead. He is currently a child molester Darth Vader.

13. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

For sure. An ex-member of a boy band, ex-Wall Mart employee, ex-Cock Magician, alcoholic record-holder for human excrement, Nobel Prize winner, Heroin Hero addict, member of a formerly secret organisation inside the catholic community, semi-professional combatant at Little League games, who moonlights as Lorde.

Randy rocks!

14. the G-man

I don't know about that, but I can say that every single "Randy" episode of South Park has been pure gold. He is definitely the most consistently entertaining character on the program.

15. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

I just fund the episode remarkably boring. Though I have to admit -- they got me: I thought Randy did cut his penis off there.

16. JirinPanthosa

That episode was pretty weak. It was kinda all over the place, and they kinda wore out the 'Randy is Lorde' thing already.

They are really going to the Michael Jackson well again? The first time they used him, when he was still alive, it was only slightly funny. Now they're using the same jokes well after his death? Come on. Michael Jackson jokes were boring long before the first time they did them.

I kinda get the appeal of LPs just because I watched a few for obscenely hard fan hacks of my favorite games. Do there really exist people who watch them with no intent of ever playing the actual game?

South Park is often good for 'Getting it' with cultural issues, but this episode seems like it doesn't 'get it' at all.

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm very excited we're getting a multi-parter again, but this part one wasn't terribly epic. I am looking forward to more Randy/Lorde and Michael Jackson though.

18. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    Randy Marsh is the one example of blatant flanderization I can think of that actually works.

Well, imho, Trey and Matt can do no wrong ever, so...you might want to take my opinion on South Park with a grain of salt. Or a bucketful.

19. JirinPanthosa

Baseketball.

20. the G-man

How is Randy a case of Flandersization?