TNG: Silent Weapons by David Mack Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Sho, Nov 17, 2012.

?

Rate Silent Weapons.

1. Outstanding

40 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Above Average

34 vote(s)
    37.8%
  3. Average

12 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Below Average

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Poor

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

I just finished this trilogy recently as well. While it was nice to see the return of Data, and the trail he was following to find the Immortal and his mother---it was kind of mediocre. I am interested in reading Immortal Coil (which has been sitting on my shelf for the last decade unread---just way too many books to read) to understand stuff more clearly that occurs in The Body Electric, but yeah, I was hoping for more from this trilogy and I just found that it did not deliver.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I finished this this weekend. I really enjoyed it, and voted outstanding in the poll and gave it 5 stars on Goodreads. I haven't done a real review, but I did post some thoughts in the What Are You Reading thread.

3. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Not a bad book. I did find it odd how easily (besides Worf) the crew brushed off the death of Choundry, who was killed off, Tasha Yar style in the previous book. You’d think she was a red shirt or something. Even Chen, who was one of her friends didn’t seem to register it.
    Speaking of Chen, I did find her character a bit off in this book. She seemed to competent when she was in command. Felt like a very different character. Her also being in charge seemed strange since she’s only a Junior grade Lieutenant. There must have been someone else on board who was more qualified.
    The ending of the book intrigued me. With talking of a parallel universe I thought we were seeing the first glimpses of this mysterious “JJVerse” in the Prime. I even thought that ship would lead to the Discovery of Red matter which we know plays a big part later on.

Off to read the final part now which from quickly glancing through the pages seems to have the return of a certain fan favourite character in it. Let’s hope Data does what he needs to do so he can come back to the Enterprise. It’s just not the same without him.