DS9 Forum Welcome Thread: Hello fellow Niners!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Disillusioned, May 30, 2009.

1. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Welcome aboard!

2. ClintDagger

ClintDagger Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hey everyone! I’m just starting a DS9 rewatch of sorts. The show premiered when I was in middle school and I watched the first couple seasons then got into high school and dropped it due to a busy schedule. I’ve heard many say that it eventually becomes the best Trek series of all so I’m excited to get going.

kkt likes this.
  3. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

Welcome!

ClintDagger likes this.
  4. Savage Dragon

Welcome aboard!

5. corndog

corndog Ensign Newbie

Hello all,
    Another DS9 fan here. My wife and I have all of trek on DVD and watch through it in a never-ending cycle. Sometimes we get onto other things, and then come back to it. It takes us between 4 to 6 years to get round to the beginning again. We don't try to be dedicated or anything - we just watch another one when we feel like it, and then a day or a few later, another.

We usually get bogged down in season 2 and 3 of TOS, and in season 7 of TNG, and it takes a while to get going on Voyager. But I tell you - when we come around to DS9 - we just find ourselves binge-watching the thing - every single time. It's still the best. no Question.

6. corndog

corndog Ensign Newbie

We also really enjoyed Quark's bar at STTE - it's still sad to go by the old place on the Monorail and see the faded trek logo on the side of the building.

7. Savage Dragon

Welcome aboard!

I loved Quark's at STTE too. I'm glad I went when I did. I'm very sad that I won't get the chance to go again. :(

8. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

WOAH, I think the exact opposite... interesting.
    I think TNG has aged really well, and one has to remember, most of TNG was done before DS9.

9. Riker'sMailbox

Riker'sMailbox Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello. Just joined.

I am pretty new to the Star Trek Universe. Growing up, my mom loved TNG and I would watch it from time to time with her, but it did not hold my interest. Years later, when I was on maternity leave with my first kid, I watched the complete series on Netflix. Really enjoyed it. Decided a few months back to give DS9 a try and I just started season 7 yesterday. I find it compelling and kind of timely and appropriate to the world we live in now.

Hope to add something to this group.

kkt and Kilana2 like this.
  10. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome aboard. Glad you enjoy DS9.

Riker'sMailbox likes this.
  11. Savage Dragon

Welcome aboard! :beer:

12. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

Welcome!

13. DocCrusher

DocCrusher Lieutenant Junior Grade Newbie

Just wanted to say hi here.. I've started watching DS9 again recently and am having fun trying to appreciate it on another level

14. Savage Dragon

Welcome aboard! :beer:

15. iliescu

iliescu Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Am new here, highly regret saying Deep Space 9 is too drastic compare with other Star Treks. Now am loving it again and notice things about it that just make it even more interesting again. Also, cycling is my favorite extreme sport.

16. UnknownSample

UnknownSample Commodore Commodore

Wow, cycling was never extreme for me except for when I covered too great a distance (peaked at 100 miles).

I'm not intro'ing here, I've done that. I go to the TOS section more often, so I'm not known here. Hi.

I was just watching a video of "deep" DS9 moments, and it hit me how much more adult and weighty (in the best sense) DS9 was, than anything made now. Relatively speaking, it looked like PBS material, or some BBC costume drama, or something made from an old novel. That's how lightweight everything is these days. At the time, I appreciated DS9, but I was always after 1990s Trek to become more solid, and more consistently adult.

We don't want to go off on tangents here, I realize.

17. bb-kneekey_pea

bb-kneekey_pea Ensign Newbie

Hi all! I'm brand new and obviously had to post here to say hello to fellow fans of my fav iteration of Star Trek! Defending DS9 as the best trek is definitely the hill i choose to die on, though I also adore TNG and VOY!

Nice to meet you all and can't wait to hear more from everyone!

18. Savage Dragon

Welcome aboard!

bb-kneekey_pea likes this.
  19. Princess Melody

Princess Melody Cadet Newbie

Just joined...doing another rewatch of DS9. Just finished Voyager again too...lol. :)

20. caseylee4ts

caseylee4ts Lieutenant Red Shirt

I've recently joined, myself. Grew up with TNG, but DS9 is my definite number one (not to be confused with Number One or Will Riker). Doing a rewatch now, albeit slowly as I'm watching along with the Mission Log podcast.

bb-kneekey_pea likes this.
  21. Black Sheep

Black Sheep Ensign Newbie

Hello. I'm "re-new" to the forum. I was a member a looong time ago and left because of a toxic climate. DS9 is my fave by far (though I quite enjoy TNG and VOY, and enjoy the others to a lesser extent) so I'll probably be around here a lot.