Star Trek: Renegades

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Danlav05, Aug 17, 2012.

1. rocketdave

rocketdave Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Didn't Gary Graham play a shapeshifter in Of Gods and Men as well? I kept waiting for them to explain what species he was, but they never did. For all I know, he could even be playing the same character in this.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  2. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

*Checks* ...Huh, it is the same character. Shows how few of the details I remember from OGaM. :cardie:

3. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Long-lived species too, since ST:OGAM was set during TOS/Movie era.

4. Iamnotspock

Iamnotspock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yet, he's implied to be human; when Ronara does her little speech during the briefing; "What happens when he targets a planet like Bajor [close-up on Jaro], Cardassia, [close-up on Garis], Earth...[close-up on Ragnar]?"

5. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

I'm just here for the next episode of TBBS: The Tone Police

6. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure I like your tone there, Mister. Your papers in order? ;)

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's what I thought.

I need answers!!

8. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

You'll never get me copper!

*runs screaming

I think Renegades is a hack job!

All fan films are garbage!

Poorly stated fundraising goals engender suspicion!

Tim Russ is a traitor!

*thud

*Voiceover

Well I guess the Duke boys got themselves in whole heap o' trouble!

9. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

880 Hz in a 220 zone and not a Handel's Messiah in sight! :rommie: Hot perrrrsyooot &c.

I'm actually not super-clear as to what Dr. Lucien is supposed to be doing on the Icarus if it's not the hologram stuff.

10. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Be nice, he might just do you and your family a favor.

11. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

It is unacceptable to me that the hottest character's actual SPECIES is a mystery.

12. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Which one is that?

13. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe the writers weren't either.

Chekov is from russia, always has been.

14. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

Like everyone, I was really hoping Renegades would be good. Sadly it makes me say something I never thought I would: Thank you CBS!

15. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

Finished watching it through now. Positive points: There are some strong performances, the visual effects look impressive, the overall premise of the 'show' is fairly decent, the music is good, and the make-up is pretty good, really. Apart from that, I assume, Nausicaan (?) who got vaporised.
    Unfortunately, I don't have much else positive to say. I've already talked about writing to your budget, and far too many corners were cut there - I got really sick of that yellow wall after a while. But apart from that, the show was just... shoddy. No tension, riddled with clichés and generic dialogue (the opening exposition by the Lieutenant is a good example), diabolical Starfleet uniforms, lots of shoehorned references and connections to previous incarnations (Oh you're Khan's daughter? Of course you are) which didn't seem to add to the plot at all. The editing was far too forgiving with a lot in there that really didn't add anything and just dragged out the runtime. Given the talent involved, the end product surprised me. It could have been improved vastly without resorting to more money (and indeed probably saving quite a bit). It seemed to try to do too much, and end up not doing any of it very well.

16. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

to be fair things like her being Khans daughter, is the kind of thing would will come into play more, in a full run series.

17. Iamnotspock

Iamnotspock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes, but it's the kind of thing that really needs to be given a basic explanation in a pilot. It's a bit like "Emissary" keeping Sisko's line about Dax having a slug inside her but providing no further explanation. How is she Khan's daughter? It's more distracting than tantalising, and evokes more of a "WTF?" reaction than "Cool!"

18. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Its a bit of a stretch to me - if she's suppose to be the daughter of Kamal Khan - does this mean this crossovers with the Bond universe?

19. Willow

Willow Captain Captain

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
    I SURE hope Teacake was referring to Soval, er,,,Ragnar..

And thanks u all for the clarification in the shape shifting. I apparently missed the shift at the beginning. I was too busy trying to keep up with all the many species ..I think we have one from every major species of each franchise. And, I was only half watching when Shree was introduced..I THiNk she was kissing a woman? So, it seems as though producers have covered all bases.

Oh, and being an Enterprise fan girl, I'm tickled at the Archer shoutout. :)

20. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I agree it could have done with a little extra, pure speculation on my part as to a plot arc the show could use.

She was part of a group of people know as "The Children of Khan" a scientist with access to Khans DNA, uses it to father a group of genetically enhanced people, he raised them on a distant planet under the belief that they really are Khans children. When they came of age, they caused trouble in the universe, some will killed, some put in prison, but the idea that they are the children of Khan stuck in the mind of the galaxy and people compare her to him, for that reason.

Having typed that it makes me think of Dark Angel, so maybe not.