Loved the film but a few things that irked me (ja spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Lord Garth FOI, May 22, 2013.

1. Chu'lak

Chu'lak Lieutenant

in Enterprise "Fallen Hero" Reed said they couldn't fire the phase cannons at warp because of particle discharge. he said he was working on the problem, and by the end fo season 1 they had fixed it.

2. TheCutestofBorg

TheCutestofBorg Lieutenant Junior Grade

Oh it must have happened so fast that I and 99% of people just thought it was another one of those pulse phaser things.

3. sj4iy

sj4iy Commander Red Shirt

If I could take that bet, I'd do it right now. He was the leader of the Nazis during a WORLD WAR. He's been the subject of numerous books, movies, documentaries, plays and musicals all around the world. How many movies have been made about Mao Zedong? Or even Pol Pot? There are 533 "fictional" books featuring Hitler. Hell, Godwin's law is that you automatically lose an argument once you bring up Hitler or the Nazis.

Like I said before- he didn't kill the most people, but he is the most infamous dictator known worldwide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler_in_popular_culture

4. T'Cal

T'Cal Commodore Commodore

Yep, oldKirk and oldSpock didn't know who Khan was so why should the new guys? I thought it might've been cool if at the end, Kirk and crew placed Khan and his 72 Augments on Ceti Alpha V rather than keep them frozen. Kirk had chosen the moral, ethical choice to capture rather than murder Khan and this would've been in keeping with that choice. Still, Khan could be placed there by others so that he can reign in Hell rather than serve in Heaven.

5. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

And yet you're limiting your argument to Hitler's contemporaries when there's a list than includes a few Pharos, Caesars, Tudors and the Attilas, Charlemagnes, Constantines, Alexanders, etc. of the world.

All of whom had as much media coverage as their eras could support. They've all had books, films, plays and all that written about them. And yes, they were all involved in "world" wars.

The fact you ignored them only proves my initial point about Khan.

6. sj4iy

sj4iy Commander Red Shirt

No one is going to name those FAMILIES in their worst dictators of all time...because they weren't dictators. Rome had a democracy despite its Emperor that worked for the people. All of the rest wouldn't even make the top ten on anyone's list of worst dictators. Your ignoring MY point that Hitler is the most infamous dictator of TODAY and will still live on in infamy 300 years from now (unless someone wants to rise up and take his mantle). No one up to now could do it.

I have no idea what your point about Khan was, because I wasn't responding to it.

I could also bring up almost every list of "Infamous Dictators" has Hitler Number One, but I'll give you this one from the very top of my search since there are numerous articles about it.

7. TheCutestofBorg

TheCutestofBorg Lieutenant Junior Grade

This brings up another thing that irks me about these last 2 trek films. The weapons fighting between ships is too fast. I really miss the original trek movies where a single Photon torpedo would be fired and it would take 5-10 seconds to find its way to the target. When you could tell if it hit it was gonna do some major damage. The ship to ship fighting was more like submarines with torpedoes than a fighter plane from WWII and spraying little bullets. It just made for more drama and suspense.