The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

The one walker on the fence that nerdface was staring at was bleeding from its eyes, nose, and mouth as well.

To be frank with this show, that mysterious illness is the singular hook I have to watch this season. If that didn't happen I wouldn't be watching the show.

2. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree with this, but the unfortunate part of TWD is that the Governor will return. Personally, I thought he outlived his purpose long before the season 3 finale.

3. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Beth's reaction and the attitudes of the children I think are kind of normal and maybe offputting for adults, but children are malleable and more adaptable to situations than adults. They've grown up in this 'new world' and are better suited to adapt and realize that this is the standard-quo. Adults are more likely to hang onto to the 'old world' that they remember.

I've read a lot of novels set after a world-changing type event whether it be an apocalypse/war/whatever and a lot of authors do go with this type of situation... Where the children often accept and grow-up in the new world without too much of an issue, but it's the adults who tend to try to find ways to bring back their past or think about it.

4. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

So there was about 30 zombies on the roof, presumably all from the crashed helicopter. The helicopter did not look that big and even if it was that big it should have crashed through the roof in the first place. the roof was probably weakened but it should not have had random spots just opening up. Conveniently also the walls over hung the roof a couple feet or so otherwise the walkers would just walk off the roof. The whole thing seemed a bit contrived

5. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

They could have just wandered up there through a staircase. And I think that cheap roof was weakend by water damage as alcoholic-new-guy saw it dripping through the ceiling moments before it started raining zombies. Actually I found it somewhat contrieved as well but it could work.

6. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Season premiere was a stinker. Lots of stupid scenes, helicopter shelf, dirty girl, nerdy kid... Actors who were solid on the Wire put in poor performances. Was that woman supposed to be something out of Irish folklore or something? Was kind of expecting her to reveal herself as some sort of evil leprechaun princess. So what happens when Zombie Head eats anyway?!? Chewed flesh falls out the bottom?

Here's hoping Zombie Harry Potter can do some real damage and thin out the herd of extras, because they're not doing any good for this show IMO.

7. Triskelion

Triskelion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Perhaps - kind of like what Voyager did to the Borg - but it's hard to say without seeing the entire story arc. The Governor reminds me of a Randall Flagg type (The Stand) who has a lot of potential for evil growth. Ok, maybe an Evil Zombie Army isn't exactly Breaking Bad but it beats zombie Ewoks any day of the year.

(Yes, I'm sure some network wonk would like to play the Zombie Ewok card). Moichandi$ing!

I mean, it already seems like Voyager's "Borg Children" are starting to appear, with all the new kiddies now.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Good season premiere.

I thought the A plot to find more supplies was the best part. Seeing all those zombies raining from the ceiling was freaking awesome. I knew Beth's friend was dead the moment he appeared, he just screamed redshirt to me! The store Big Spot was an obvious play on the real Big Lots stores. Seeing these things always takes me out of a show/movie for a second, not sure why they didn't just use a make up name?

The scenes with Rick and crazy woman were weird. How long did the woman have the head of her dead husband under the cloth? I'm disappointed Rick didn't finish her off, did he learn nothing from Carl not killing the swamp Walker that ended up killing Dale?

I REALLY hope they focus way less on romance this season. The Andrea/Governor thing took up WAY too much of season 3. The less said about Rick/Lori/Shane the better.

I don't know how I feel about the new Bob Stookey character yet. We will need to see more of him in terms of development.

About the last scene, I wonder what happened? Did kid with glasses just die from the flu or something?

9. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, wuss flu. :p

10. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it was the passing out and cracking his skull that actually killed him, though he was well on his way from the fever.

11. Tzenkethi

Tzenkethi Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

My theory is that the water has been contaminated.

12. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I mentioned this last season is this the new threat?
    Anyone notice that his eyes weren't the usual milky blue color?

So is the threat a new type of zombie? perhaps faster moving/more aggressive? or is it an outbreak of influenza, from the farm animals?

On a side note I'm surprised no one mentioned this but I hate the new CGI Zombies, they look way too mechanical, some of the ones at the fence looked really bad IMO.

13. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I too was wondering if the eyes were a new color, they focused on them pretty thoroughly (not sure if because it's a new color or merely to make it certain he had become a Zombie).

I was surprised no one brought it up on The Talking Dead, so, I figured maybe they weren't a different color afterall, (Or we're supposed to ignore it) maybe they'd always been a goldish color (I think Merle's were goldish, but, not quite that gold)

14. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do you have any screen capture examples because I didn't catch the CGI zombies?

15. PKerr

No I don't but then again a screen cap alone would not show the mechanical looking movements.

I know know the use CGI to beef up the herds and such but those close up, daylight Zombies just did not work, I hope they don't continue down that path.

16. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I didn't notice any CGI zombies. Especially in close up.

17. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Me neither

18. PKerr

Gosh how could you guys not?

19. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, that was a great season opener. The crazy lady and the Tigger zombies at the store were both great stories. And things have certainly evolved back at the prison-- get used to the love, Mister Dixon. :rommie:

I have a feeling the zombie kid and the dead pig are related somehow. A new kind of zombie virus? Or the governor's men infecting the food or water supply?

20. Triskelion

Triskelion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Covert or sleeper agents, great idea RJ!

I have a question - if you were in a zombie apocalypse, what would be your top weapon(s) of choice?

Mine:
    Katana
    Pistola
    Military tomahawk