The Star Trek Into Darkness teaser trailer is here!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by SalvorHardin, Dec 6, 2012.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

That would go against what the producers have said.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe it's the longest, most annoying troll ever?

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I didn't notice the Bat'leth! Cool... good continuity. Even some 22nd century Klingons ("Marauders(ENT)") carried them so there's no canon violation showing Klingons from over 100 years later using them in combat.

4. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That orange glowing backdrop appears to be the same one that Abrams had in his MTV Awards skit that showed a close up of a Klingon on this computer monitor over his shoulder. So I guess before tonight we had seen Four frames. :lol:

5. Pondslider

Pondslider Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Cumberbatch isn't even playing the villain.

6. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe JJ just had the beautiful blonde NEW character have her hair cut that way as part of the longest troll ever.

8. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Personally I'm going with Khan now, after seeing those trailers.
    We'll see if the 2 minute trailer will shed some more light in a couple of weeks.

9. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Based on the trailer, I pretty much feel the same. Plus, Gary pulling starships from the sky sounds awesome....though it would be crazy difficult for the crew to beat him.

10. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Even if it is Dehner, there's no reason that makes the villain Gary Mitchell. They could be mixing and matching elements.

11. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

My guess it is Pike's hand we see on the glass after being poisoned with delta radiation with Kirk looking in horror as well as Uhura and Scotty.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  12. Bamarren

Bamarren Lieutenant Red Shirt

Well, that looked awesome. Siding more with the Mitchell idea as well, especially with your girl looking a lot like Dehner. The Enterprise coming, out of water or whatever it was will look awesome on the big screen.

13. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Am I the only one who enjoyed that more than the XI trailer?* Plus, for pure lulz, the internet Cumberbitches are in total fangasm meltdown over Benedict's voiceover :lol:

Raise the Tit...oops, Enterprise! :p

[​IMG]

14. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

They are probably going leave the Klingon scenes out of the final film ;)

15. Pondslider

Pondslider Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm not sure that is the Enterprise. The nacelles look weird to me unless it's just the angle, and the fact that the trailer cuts away from it before you can tell what the registry is makes me think they WANT people to think it's the Enteprise, but it isn't.

16. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Klingons..yay!:techman:
    I wonder how big role will have on the film..or are they there just as an cameo. Considering the synopsis talks about "a thread from within" I somehow do not think they will play a major role, though I could be wrong.

Difficult to say who Cumberbatch will be, but I guess we will learn more when the longer trailer comes out. The film looks quite dark. I personally preferred the Japanese teaser, it was bit more effective.

17. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

The other ship crashing into San Francisco Bay at the end looks like a updated huge version of the NX-01 with the 'The Motion Picture' Enterprise nacelles. Go back and look again. I detect no secondary hull.

18. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

And what did the producers say, exactly?

19. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just watched the High-Res iTunes trailer. The last couple of frames you can see it says 1701.

I agree. I just analyzed the hell out of it too!

20. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

I'm gonna say it's not Mitchell. Mitchell was like some sort of Dark Phoenix mutant with his mind powers in TOS. This seems more calculated madness. Revenge plot against those who Benedict's character feels wronged him. Garth of Izar the former Star Fleet Captain who lost his mind and was sent to a prison ALL THE WAY BABY!

It's possible he used the same scheme he tried using on Kirk back in the Prime Timeline Whom The Gods Destroy', but this time he used it on a less intelligent captain who didn't think to password protect his ship before taking commands to beam up anyone from the planet's service. "Queen to Queen's Level 3"