Star Trek: UNIVERSE(s)

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Aquehonga, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Aquehonga

Aquehonga Fleet Captain

My idea for this series was originally inspired by memories & thoughts of the 4-issue Marvel Comics series Transformers Universe from the Fall of 1986. Each issue of TU contained biographies for nearly every TF character there was.

**NOTE: THIS SERIES IS NOT AN ANTHOLOGY NOR INTENDED TO BE. EVER. AT ALL.**

Star Trek:UNIVERSE(s),UNIVERSE, or UNIVERSEs, would work like this:

*It would be reminiscent, have elements of: Biography,City Confidential,Fields of Honor,Behind the Music, American Justice etc etc & other like TV shows et al.

*Each episode would be biographies about characters in the Trekverse(s), as well as episodes about histories of planets,civilizations,technologies,alternate/parallel universes, other timelines, etc,etc,etc,etc & similar-like documentaries.

*The length of the show:confused:, could vary from a half-hour to 2-hours. More likely 1 or 2 hours. Could vary:confused:

*Some episodes would contain multiple bios or histories. An hour show may have 2 bios, or 1 bio & 1 history IE: Dr.Phlox's bio followed by history of Denobula.
    A 2 hour show may sometimes have 3-4 bios &/or histories.

*The show would include episodes dealing with ST's EU(s) in the same way as with the standard continuity.

*ST:U(s) would also have episodes about ST's actors, actresses, writers et al etc.

There would be episodes about the EU's (novels,comic books,video games) makers as well, the same way.

*Some, very few, rare episodes would feature an acted out story following a bio or history. IE: First half-hour or hour bio of Sarek. 2nd hour & a half or hour a ST episode with someone as Sarek, about Sarek's life.

Even rarer would be episodes entirely in traditional Trekisode format about some character or era.

*Who should the unseen host/narrator be? Most of the best choices are dead.

*Airing format: 8-10 1-hour shows a year, like Sopranos? Or 6-7 2-hour TV films, like COLUMBO? Or varying length, half-hour sometimes to the uber-rare 3-hour show? But episodes usually averaging 90-minutes, ?

*Which TV network?Syndication? HBO?SHOWTIME?Sci-Fi Channel?TNT?The information superhighway?

I hope I explained my idea here successfully. I tried to. If not, let me know in your replies. If somethings unclear, incomplete or other issue/problem, put it in your replies.

2. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Star Trek may not have been created as an Anthology show, but nor was it created to be a behind the scenes series either. I actually like your idea, but it too, as the Anthology show would, falls outside of what GR may have thought STAR TREK should be...

Rob

3. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore