Does It Get Better???

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by AdmiralScreed, Dec 4, 2011.

1. AdmiralScreed

AdmiralScreed Captain Captain

What was the point of this story exactly? :confused:

2. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

It's a plot from an upcoming episode of Voyager. You'll have to keep watching to figure out which one ;)

3. AdmiralScreed

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I plan to watch some tonight. I'm almost looking forward to it since the last few days of college have been extremely stressful.

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

The Vaadwaur were supposed to return at some point. I think the writers were a bit unhappy with the execution of this race and just decided to not bringthem back.

The Conspiracy aliens from TNG were part of an abandoned concept that eventually became the Borg. Originally the Borg were going to be a race of humanoid insects. I think make-up issues made that too expensive an idea so it was changed into what we now know as the Borg.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I read a novel once upon a time which claimed that the conspiracy Aliens were an evolutionary offshoot/cousins of the Trill symbiotes.

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I read that, it was lame.

7. AdmiralScreed

Change of plans.....Voyager is now on temporary hold. I'll return to it some day, but I've decided to watch some other shows in the meantime. Voyager just isn't holding my interest right now. I'll reopen this thread when I return to it some day. Until then, you're free to do with this thread as you please. But please, mods, don't close this thread down. I will return......

8. teacake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The thread might eventually drop off the end of the forum...but its ok, its not gone, you can find it using the search feature.

10. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    [​IMG]
    Why he get bored with Season Six?

11. teacake

The things he will miss!!

[​IMG]

EMH: Were you intimate with the photonic dildo?
    JANEWAY: That's none of your business. Let's just say it was a memorable three days.

12. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

At least if he never sees "Fury", his view of the first three seasons might never change.

I can understand the boredom I guess...by season 5/6/7, as many people have said, it is in autopilot. They've got the stage where they can pump out a good mixture of excellent/good and not so good episodes in a decent ratio and they just kept going til the show ended. Obviously not that interested in doing much more.

13. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I saw "Dragon's Teeth" syndicated on the local late night MyTV channel the other day, and it made me think of this thread. It's still here, waiting for the Admiral's eventual return!

14. WarsTrek1993

WarsTrek1993 Captain Captain

Admiralscreed, I hope to hear your thoughts on more Trek in the near future. But if you don't return to Voyager, that's completely understandable.

15. Lord Manitou

Lord Manitou Commander Red Shirt

Teacake posts-
    MH: Were you intimate with the photonic dildo?
    JANEWAY: That's none of your business. Let's just say it was a memorable three days.

Shouldn't it be Janeway asking the doctor about the photonic dildo? Items that come out of the replicator are not photonic. I'm sure the 24 century serves elastics which the good doctor recommends.

16. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

^^ Uh... I think Teacake was referring to Michael Sullivan, the photonic character in Fairhaven that caught... :alienblush: ah... Kathryn's attentions. ;)

17. teacake

Yes that's an (amended) Fair Haven quote.

18. Lord Manitou

Lord Manitou Commander Red Shirt

Yes, would suppose photonic is convenient. Photonic is convenient. Photonic is convenient.

19. LtGarak

LtGarak Commodore Commodore

Ok - I just got back after not having posted since 2004 (!), and am weirdly enough at the same point that AdmiralScreed was in rewatching Voyager, and getting that lag feeling myself.
    I just watched "One Small Step". Decent enough, but for some reason I've never been into hard science fiction. Comments? Compliments? Complaints?

20. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It would have been better if they focused more on the main plot line instead of another "Seven explores humanity" episode. But what was I thinking? A Chakotay episode never would sell... :rolleyes: