How is Janeway sexy? (Part II)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Adm_Hawthorne, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

and aren't they [his race] asexual?

2. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What, Jaffen?

He was a Norvalen. I dont remember a reference to asexuality although they apparently don't have fathers.

3. Catarina

jaffen. yeah! the no father thing. i wonder how reproduction worked with that species.

4. hux

Um, let's think this through.

Two women have sex, make a baby and it's either male or female.

Then what's the point of sex if your male? Purely for of fun? Maybe the males are sexless. Dunno.

5. Catarina

I'd have to cross check species on our planet that they stole this idea from to understand but let's guess.

perhaps the females have a hormonal internal self procreation process can't be activated without the arousal of a male present? heh i don't know. but either way she wasn't going down on him that night.

6. hux

Wouldn't you still get to call yourself "father" if your presence was required in some way?

Maybe male Norvalens exist purely to give women pleasure. They have special tricks and tongues that unfurl.

Janeway made a terrible mistake dumping him.

7. Catarina

I agree. should have kept him and had another skilled engineer to boot.

8. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He and Janeway did have sex, and I also agree that she shouldn't have let him go.

9. Catarina

Teacake let's just sit and enjoy for awhile. hehe

[​IMG]

10. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

The species you are looking for is probably the Honeybee.

http://permaculturenews.org/2014/08/16/honeybee-reproduction-part-promiscuous-queen-bee/

The pertinent points...

Did you know that male honeybees have no father, but they do have a grandfather?

The queen can lay for up to five years using sperm stores from only one or two mating flights that occur early in her life.

When the queen is ready to start laying, she uses her front legs to feel a cell and determine its size. If it is a smaller cell, it is intended for a worker and as the egg passes through she fertilizes it with semen from the spermatheca. If it is a large cell, it is intended for a drone, and in a drone cell the queen deposits an unfertilized egg....

fertilized eggs grow up to be female, and unfertilized eggs grow up to be male! Drones are haploid clones, gaining all of their genetic material from their mother.

Birds do it, fleas do it... but definitely not the way bees or Norvalens do it. :vulcan:

11. Catarina

you never cease to amaze me how thoroughly you put together a presentation to someone's inquiry or curiosity. I didn't get far in my search that day. Thank you

12. JanewayRulz!

Not too amazing. I just remembered something weird with honey bees, googled HB and that link was the first of 3 I looked at. Since it was the most on point, I chose it to illustrate the issue.
    It also reminds us that not everything in the animal kingdom is male and female. In this case, its just 1 female. or, as they would have said in Jurassic Park "nature finds a way".

13. JanewayRulz!

It looks like TV Fanatic has decided to out our dear Captain. :vulcan:

http://www.tvfanatic.com/slideshows/14-jittery-java-junkies/page-2.html
    Along with, well... way more than 13 others in TV land. :beer:

They (TVFan) seem to think its a weakness, a vice, while we KNOW its what secretly powers her inner sexiness

I note that Picard with his Earl Gray TEA fixation didn't even warrant a mention. ;)

I don't know what I like more...

Her obsession, or our obsession with her obsession.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYD5AG4RvHY

14. MulgrewFanatic

MulgrewFanatic Borg Queen Red Shirt

Oh good God, those had me rolling in laughter.

15. BirdInJetstream

BirdInJetstream Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I am amazed that this thread still exists! Actually it is the one and only reason for me NOT to delete my account (which was the reason to log in). I can feel the old addictions.... :biggrin:

As for the Janeway + Janeway2 pairing from Deadlock:
    I think this is incredibly sexy. My personal OTP. I would have loved to see them interact longer.

[​IMG]

16. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't gone through all this but at the risk of repeating something.. Janeway in 'Living Witness' with the black gloves.. she looks good. Had it as an avatar for a while. Janeway in Resolutions.. really pretty.

DamarsKanar likes this.
  17. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Kathryn Janeway, Sexy? I don't know but she has a certain charm... like her performer, Kate Mulgrew! :techman:

18. Six of Twelve

Six of Twelve Captain Captain

Janeway's sexiness or lack thereof is irrelevant to her role as captain. Not every woman has to pass a sexiness test.

19. GreenDragonKnight

GreenDragonKnight Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You know I gotta admit, when I first watched Voyager beginning to end - and it's been almost a decade since I first watched the whole series, impossible to believe as that is - but anyway, I gotta admit I had some... how to put it... some X-rated fantasies about a lot of the women on Voyager, not just 7 (which I'm sure goes without saying) but Janeway and B'Elanna as well.

20. JanewayRulz!