Crossovers that never happened but you wish would

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by The Borgified Corpse, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Zachary Smith

Zachary Smith Vice Admiral Admiral

One could go for a no-brainer, like "The Munsters" meeting "The Addams Family" or ponder a total WFT like "Hawaii 5-0" crossed with "The Andy Griffith Show".

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Back when CBS had more crime dramas than they do now (if you can imagine that), I was expecting a story to begin on Cold Case that goes to CSI: Miami that goes to NCIS that goes to The Mentalist that goes to Without a Trace that goes to Criminal Minds that goes to CSI:NY that goes to CSI that ends on Numbers.

3. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I keep saying it - Buffy Vs Highlander

4. Zachary Smith

Here are three shows that seemed to me to exist very much in the same universe: "Cheers", "Barney Miller" and "Night Court" (excusing the fact that Judge Stone and Harry the "Hat" could NOT, in fact, be the same person.)

Can you imagine a conversation with Dan Fielding and Sam Malone exchanging notes? Or Arthur Dietrich chatting facts with Cliff Clavin while Fraiser Crane slowly looses his mind?

5. Lonemagpie

Since Psych is still running, there may still be hope!

6. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

given the forthcoming 3 way crossover between CSI, its a shame CBS could not shoe horned at least a reference to Cold Case in, Cold Case is in the CSIverse already

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I'd love to see a Dr. House (House) and Dr. Lightman (Lie to Me) crossover.

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Monk is ending, though, isn't it?

speaking of Cold Case though, it's too bad that the original Canadian show isn't still running. I'd love to see characters from Cold Case and Cold Squad get together and immediately start arguing over who ripped who off. :lol:

(for the record, it's neither, as anyone who remembers The Enigma Files - which was on in 1980, well before either of those - will attest.)

9. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:not enough international crossovers on our TV screens.

10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I'm sure Dr. Crane and Detective Harris would be discussing wine and art.

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe there'll be one between the original and UK versions of Law & Order.

And I just had a great idea for a drinking game. Take one drink every time a nuBSG actor shows up on Cold Squad... You will probably be unconscious by the end of the episode. :evil: :lol:

12. Zachary Smith

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall when Bull and Woody talked?

13. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I like to think that Mac MacDonald's character from Aliens is Captain Hollister from Red Dwarf. The reason why he has such a short temper in Aliens is because it's his last day with Weyland-Yutani before shipping out to join the Jupiter Mining Corporation (narrowly missing the subsequent alien massacre). Now, you may point out that the character in Aliens wears a name badge that says, "Simpson." I argue that that is Captain Hollister's real name. I refer you to the scene in "Back in the Red, Part III" where Captain Hollister admits in his personal log that he used to be "Dennis the donut boy" before he blackmailed his way to the Captaincy.

Which would be very weird since all of the episodes of the British version are remakes of really old episodes from the 1st few seasons of the American version (back when Ben Stone was the lead prosecutor instead of Jack McCoy).

They did sort of bounce that Maquis plotline between the 2 shows. The controversial treaty with the Cardassians was first introduced on TNG in "Journey's End." This lead to the formation of the Maquis on DS9 in "The Maquis, Parts I & II." After that, the TNG crew encountered the Maquis in "Preemptive Strike."

14. Lonemagpie

Yep, though that probably leaves him more available to make a guest shot elsewhere... Such as in Psych

15. Joy

Joy Commodore Commodore

I'd love to see House MD and Scrubs cross-over... Can you imagine Dr. House and Dr. Cox in the same room? Man, what I'd give to see THAT.

Joy

16. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I want to see John Munch appear in an episode of Doctor Who. :)

There has been an international L&O crossover; Munch appeared in the French version of Criminal Intent.

17. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I dont think Doctor Who can really crossover with anything, but they could do a Whoverse Law&Order like they have done Eastenders.

There is a good European crossover

the Bill & German show Soko Leipzig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltNFJ7delcw

Still no reason Law & Order cant crossover with Law & Order: London

18. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd love to see a Kolchak: The Night Stalker/Early Edition/Special Unit 2 crossover.

Each show was set in Chicago.

Kolchak wrote for INS, the Independent News Service, usually about strange creatures or events.

Gary Hobson from Early Edition would receive tomorrows paper today, and set out to help someone in the paper. Reading a Kolchak story bought by the paper from INS isn't out of the question.

Special Unit 2 was a police division that had jurisdiction over supernatural and mythological creatures in Chicago, referred to as 'links.'

I know there's at least one story in there somewhere.

19. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually I think Doctor Who is probably the easiest show to crossover to another franchise. He would fit in anywhere.

Typically an episode of Doctor Who starts with the guest cast, and then about 5-10 minutes into the episode the Doctor and companion(s) show up for no reason. That format would work for anything.

The Scooby Gang are in the library? The Doctor shows up.
    Xena's battling Ares? The Doctor shows up.
    George and Jerry are eating in the diner? The Doctor shows up.
    Batman's fighting the Joker? The Doctor shows up.
    Teal'c returns to Chulak? The Doctor shows up.

20. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

That would be cool. Although, I do hear that there's talk of a Bones/Lie to Me crossover this year (which would make sense, given that both shows are set in Washington, D.C.).