Halloween Costume Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by thestrangequark, Oct 1, 2008.

1. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

My brother and I are thinking of making some tribal masks and going out with skirts and stuff. Maybe I can convince him to be a vegetarian cannibal.

2. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

i was told i liik just like episode 3 obi-wan so maybe i'll do that

3. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

Oh... I got the dates wrong... 1996 and 2005.

[​IMG]

I wish I had more to show, but I own almost nothing I had from before 1997.

Actually, you should look great... here is an image from that Nimoy Baggins video and a picture of my Mom from that same year. You really wouldn't have to go too far from your current style (which is adorable :techman: ).

[​IMG]

4. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

That's kind of why I don't like Halloween anymore, when it used to be one of my favorite holidays. I don't particularly like putting on lingerie and one or two accessories and calling it a costume. And since college, it seems like that's what most of the girls do at the parties I attend. " Look, I'm wearing practically nothing but I've got these irritating wings on that leave glitter all over the place! I must be a fairy!"

Or maybe I'm just bitter because I can't pull it off. :p

I'm going to two parties this year, and I've got two costumes. I'm definitely going to be Red Riding Hood for one, as it's cute enough, but not ridiculously skimpy. Plus I think my husband wouldn't mind dressing up as the Big Bad Wolf, and that would be fun. The other costume I really like is a Bat-Girl outfit, but I'm worried that'd be a bit too nerdy for that particular crowd of people. I'll post pictures if there are any where I look decent.

5. Neeka Keet

Neeka Keet Admiral Admiral

I'm going to a Misfits tribute concert dressed as zombie with my sister who will be one of the undead as well.

6. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

The thing is, I think you and tsq are preaching to the converted. Most of the guys on here would find a Sci-Fi/Comics/Fantasy costume a lot sexier than some non-existent outfit with a pair of wings attached. I know that's not what you are going for yourself, but that way you get to wear a costume that's not ridiculously revealing and looking good in it is a bonus.

Nobody ever wants to dress up as Ms. Marvel, though. :(

She's Marvel's greatest superhero, what's the matter with you people ? :(

7. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

I wouldn't worry too much about those types of girls if I were you. You're married to someone who loves and adores you, which means you've got the type of genuine attention and affection that those other girls haven't realized yet. I would think that being the object of someone's momentary desire is a pale substitute for what you have.

... At least that is how I hope I make my wife feel every day. :D

8. PhoneMonkey

PhoneMonkey Commander Red Shirt

My brother throws a great Halloween block party every year. I'm normally pretty reserved and don't get too crazy and go for something easy like a caveman or pirate. My wife on the other hand loves Halloween and goes all out.

We were at the store the other night looking at costumes and I decided screw it. I'm tired of buying a new costume every year. They just take up closet space. So, I'm doing the totally unexpected and wearing the Elvira costume she wore 2 years ago. We pulled out the costume when we got home and did the makeup. It was frightening. My wife thinks I look better than she did.

To top it off, while I hid in the kitchen with the lights off, my wife went and yanked our 13 year old daughter from her room. The look on her face was priceless. "Dad you look like a girl!!!!!" :guffaw:

I can't wait to hit on all the drunk guys at the party. :devil:

9. Captain X

Captain X Rear Admiral

I think this was 1996: [​IMG]

10. blablover5

blablover5 Admiral Admiral

This is a hint:

[​IMG]

11. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

You guys are totally right. My husband saw the Bat-Girl costume and when I decided not to wear it to the party he said "... so you'll wear it at home?" with a huge hopeful grin on his face. Marrying a nerd was definitely a good choice. :lol:

12. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Go as vegetarian zombies. Just keep groaning out, "GRAINS! GRAINS!! "

13. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

14. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I've run out of Sci-Fi/Fantasy ideas. I've done LotR, Star Trek, Star Wars, and Harry Potter costumes. Last year I did something different and dressed up as a priest. This year, well, let's just say I'm working in the ER. ;)

15. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

:lol:

16. Jethro Elvis

Jethro Elvis Admiral Admiral

My costume this year will be a pair of pants and nothing else. If anyone asks about my costume, I intend to say, "I'm a premature ejaculation. I just came in my pants."

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

That sounds like that bit in Philadelphia where Denzel Washington wears a business suit with legal papers plastered to it. He says his costume is a 'lawsuit'. :p

18. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

QFT.

Those girls are taking the easy way out, completely lacking in any kind of creativity and, eventually, reputation. This may not be Halloween, but whenever we go to a convention the people who get the most positive attention are those who obviously put some thought into their creation. OKay, granted you shouldn't spend all that much coin for a couple of hours on one night, but that doesn't mean you have to drift into boredom. The newspapers are full of current costume ideas that likely won't cost much except a bit of time and effort.

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

That is the single greatest thing I've ever heard.

I have no idea what I'm doing for Halloween this year. I'm still trying to figure where the Halloween party is going to be. The last few years my roommates and I always had the party at our house. But we've all split up and live separately now, so we need to figure out who is going to host the party.

Previous costumes:
    Last year I picked up my "costume" the day of Halloween, and it was glorious. I had no idea what I was going to be, so I went to Walmart and tried to figure it out. I ended up buying a kid's Spiderman pajama 2-pack (one pair was a Spiderman costume, the other was Venom). So I forced myself into the Spiderman pajamas, completely ripping them in the process. Then halfway through the night, I hid in my room for a while, and when I came out again, I was wearing the Venom costume.

The year before my roommates and I were the One-ders from "That Thing You Do." We spray painted gold some cheap thrift store suits. It was sweet.

The year before that my roommate and I were Prince Adam and He-Men, respectively. And because I always love busting out this picture...

[​IMG]

20. Kommander

Kommander Commodore Commodore

I'm thinking about going to work dressed as Alex from A Clockwork Orange just so I can annoy my coworkers by speaking in Nadsat all day long, but I might go with something that takes a little less effort.

I have the boots and hat (well, I have a fedora instead of a bowler, but fedoras are more awesome anyway.)

I can probably find a shirt, pants, and suspenders that'll work if I go to enough thrift stores. The cane too. It's work, so I don't need it to have the hidden knife.

The fake eyelashes I'll probably just draw on with eyeliner. I wear glasses so I have to exaggerate it to be noticeable.

The hard part is the codpiece. In the film, cricket codpieces were used... they cost $100+ and I'd have to have it shipped in from Brittan. I can probably get something similar looking using an ordinary jock strap, fabric, stuffing, and an hour on a sewing machine.

I'll also drink milk all day for extra authenticity. the "plus vellocet" part might be difficult because, as far as I know, vellocet isn't a real drug. I guess I'll just crush up some vicodin and crystal meth and call the mixture vellocet. Or whatever, I'm sure I can find some substance that'll do an adequate job of getting me sharppened up for the ultraviolence.