Smallville#8-11: "Legion" Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Jan 15, 2009.

?

Grade

1. SUPER

40.4%
  2. Above Average

46.2%
  3. Average

7.7%
  4. Below Average

1.9%
  5. BIZARRO

3.8%
  1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The immortality is all based on accessible sunlight. A nuclear winter would knock years of his life span. Then again, who knows how long Kryptonians with out solar enhancemnt last, since that whole "stones" bullshit and veritas bullshit was set up by Joer-El hundeds of years ago but he visited the 50s as a teen ager, although that gemologist fromt he beginning of season season had been alive since cowboy times while being down powered by some special sort of Kryptonite, Blue maybe?

MAGNIFICENT!!!

Between Persuader and Doomsday, I do feel cheated b y the moritorium on costumes for the last 8 years.

Something about lightning lad wanted to have me hit hm in the face.

2. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

I must admit to one disappointment in the dialogue...Rokk or Garth (I think it was Garth) was going on and on about wanting to "join the Legion", etc...when it was the three of them who FORMED the Legion after saving RJ Brande's sorry (but rich) ass.

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Thank yoy. I appreciate it (now if only she wouldn't make me watch Grey's Anatomy instead of Supernatural...)

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Congrats to you nx. :)

5. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

That's what DVR's are for! LOL

And you need to make her watch the recording of upernatural a it's only fair.... wait.. we are talking about marriage here nothing is fair there.. LOL

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought Chloe looked like a Zombie as well...Allison maybe took inspiration from them and made her movements robotic like to reflect her possession by Brainiac. I liked when she said she was the Brain Interactive Construct in her conversation with Doomsday. Her lack of emotion matched James speech inflections.

I want a Legion spin off series now. I was wondering how large the Legion was where they came from in3009. Imra's comment about Brainiac 5 being nicer must mean that there is no Brainy in their time and so the Legion's history would be Smallville-ized (i hate that word). Since reading Geoff's Legion of Superheros arc from Action Comics he tried to incorporate a few things from it I think, he's admitted this himself in interviews about writing the episode.

As I stated before Alexz Johnston did an excellent job as Saturn Girl, as did the other two Legionaires. I really hope they are able to return.

7. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

I think the Legion at the point of the episode, (well, 1000 years AFTER the epeisode, but ... um ...) is still just the original three: Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad ... although he DID mention his sister (could be she just wasn't in the Legion yet).

But wasn't it Brainiac 5 who invented the Flight Rings?

--Ted

8. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

AND the original Time Bubbles.