Agents of SHIELD - Season 2 Discussion Threads. (Spoilers Likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 18, 2014.

1. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Uhura had her mind erased and it all worked out well for her. The nurse will be fine. :p

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

The only problem with assuming they went back for that woman is he might be suspicious if the thing he is holding restores her memories. He might wonder if it would work for him too. Other than that, I have no problem just pretending that's what happened.

3. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

If Sif is willing to take amnesiac Vin-Tak back to Hala, then you have to wonder if Vin-tak's truncheon is a unique device or else one of his colleagues could recognize the symptoms and simply restore his memory with another truncheon.

4. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Didn't he say the memories were stored in the truncheon?

If so then you could only restore memories if you had the device that help them.

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

6. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, that was a pretty good episode, unless you're Hunter or Skye. It was sad to see Skye lock herself away in quarantine at the end, with only Fitz on her side.

The Kree was an interesting character (and I wonder if the truncheon was an artifact from the Kree equivalent of Warehouse 13-- "This is the truncheon that struck Captain For-Gett in the head, giving him amnesia, and ever since...."). From his perspective, he came to save the Earth, but his idea of a cure was a little harsh on the victims. He distanced himself from the Kree faction that performed the experiments, but admitted that the experiments would probably resume if the Kree discovered how successful they had been. I wonder if he represented a "good" faction or activist group, or if he was a lone crusader.

8. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

In the teams defense, so far, each time something alien infected someone, they either almost exploded via lighting, gone insane, became a super slave, or turned to ash.

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

He seemed more concerned that someone in the Empire would decide to start the experiments again if they find out what's going on. Being good for humanity was a side benefit in his eyes.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't read it myself, but I read some stories about the Age of Ultron prequel comic focused of Von Strucker and the twins, and they aren't Inhumans.

11. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

It looks like Hunter's still alive, and *BobbiMack are going to want to keep him quiet...so I suspect they'll be smuggling him out and taking him to their leader (EJO?) quite soon.

[Martha&TheVandellas]Bobbi...Bobbi...*, when are you coming back?[/Martha&TheVandellas]

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I'm an episode behind, but the return episode was pretty darn good and has me looking forward to where the show goes from here. Though after such an absence it's hard to get back into the swing of it.

Anyway Ming-Na Wen (Agent May) is at a local con this Sat/Sun and going up to meet her. She's a surprise guest too as the announcement of her appearance came very late, late last-week, and her name isn't even in the program for the show.

14. Immolatus

Immolatus Captain Captain

When are we going to see Roxxon?

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

And is the chairman of the board going to be a Minotaur?

16. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Yeah, but he was still trying to rectify the situation and in his own eyes was a good guy, which was well played.

Unless she really returns, which would open up the door for Trip's return.

17. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

We saw it in Agent Carter.

18. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

We also saw it referenced in Agents of SHIELD in that terrible episode with the guy phasing out of existence.

Plus, it was in Something Funny Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer

19. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

By all accounts Kree culture is pretty harsh by our standards, so perhaps from his perspective, he was being very merciful. He may see putting down an Inhuman the same way we might see putting down a rabid dog. It's dangerous and incurable and a quick death is the simplest solution.

I wouldn't go that far, IIRC cutting Hartley's arm off did appear to work and it was the car crash that killed her, not the diviner. Pretty sure we saw a body that wasn't turned to stone, unlike Trip who was smashed into a million pieces.

Not saying it can't happen, just that the one doesn't necessarily follow the other because the circumstances were slightly different.

20. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Met Ming-Na Wen at the con today. It was very interesting to talk with her for a couple minutes as she has so much.... personality! :lol: Obviously she's not May but it's just interesting to see how stolid and rigid May is and then to meet Ming-Na Wen and just have have so much personality and inflection in her voice and talk so brightly. :lol:

But I told her how much of a nice surprise it was to have her at the con, she was announced as being there literally the middle of last week. And she mentioned how she was looking forward to get in to a con to see some fans and she was excited to be there.

Great lady. :) Got a signed photo. No table-side photos allowed, missed the window for a photo-op with her. May go for one tomorrow, not sure.