"Agent Carter" season one discussion and spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

It's got to be a vegetarian diet, or injections of a Super-Solider serum. :lol:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  2. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

It's hard to find that many virgins to bathe in their blood.

Trekker4747 I think if you watch more, you will like Jarvis a bit more.

3. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bummer, no episode tonight.

4. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Politics. Bleh.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed the third episode. We got a nice bit of back story for Jarvis. I was kind of surprised they found Stark's tech already. Jarvis's call to the SSR cracked me up. I wasn't expecting Krzemenski to die before it happened, but I knew something had to happen to him once the bad guy started to tell him about Peggy.

6. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Well, I only have one more episode to watch before I'm caught up, so I think I'll be good. :)

I do hope that the episode makes me like Jarvis more. I mean, I don't DIS-like him, I just don't find him too terribly interesting and in the first couple episodes at least too much of the "fussy butler" cliche.

7. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

If you're mentioning 20/01/15, here in Canada they reran the first episode!

It's great to be a Canadian sometimes.:rommie::):lol:

Loved the way Peggy got into the SSR offices-it reminded me of The Man From U.N.C.L.E. and how Solo & Kuryakin got into U.N.C.L.E. HQ.

Here's a reminder of that; [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjmOkqU6Roo[/yt]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Last night's episode was definitely the best one yet. I can't believe they got Chris Evans to come back for an entire episode!!! But I feel that introducing time travel in this series of all places is a really odd decision for the MCU. And why would Captain America be able to handle the Time Stone, if GOTG established that a normal person is destroyed by touching a stone?

9. CorporalCaptain

10. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

Did Peggy ever really do that much in the comics? I haven't read a great deal of Captain America comics but I recall her daughter or granddaughter having a large role (and also being dead for a while).

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

You're probably thinking of Agent 13, aka Sharon Carter, who was Cap's main love interest in the comics (and who was played by Emily VanCamp in The Winter Soldier, though her relationship to Peggy went unacknowledged). Peggy was introduced after Sharon as Cap's lost love from WWII. Initially Peggy was Sharon's older sister, but as Marvel's sliding timescale moved forward over the years, she was retconned into Sharon's aunt and then her great-aunt.

12. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

No, not much.

I really like how a somewhat obscure character is really becoming a breakout hit in the MCU.

13. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    I agree. When Peggy Carter and Rocket Raccoon can join the lexicon of "known" heck "well known" comic book characters that have been in the public consciousness like Hulk, Spidey, Bats etc then it's a good thing.

Ant-Man has over 30 million views on YouTube with the teaser trailer!
    Big Hero 6, loosely adapted, makes $216m+ at the Domestic Box Office!

It causes one to be optimistic about Jessica Jones, Dr. Strange, Black Panther and whatever else Feige and Co. decide to do! The playground is open and none of the equipment is off limits.

Pitch a good Sleepwalker animated film, perhaps introduce Brother Voodoo--why not?! The audiences have shown a level of trust with what you're doing. House of Ideas door is wide open to any and all concepts in any format. Animated. TV. Movie.

14. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that was pretty cool. I'm assuming that this was a preview of Peggy's scene in Age of Ultron, except last night we got Peggy's side of the story and in the movie, we'll get Steve's.

But, foreshadowing aside, was that stock footage at the end of the episode, or was that who I thought it was?

"Fondue." :lol: Classic!:techman:

15. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Granted, it's Vertigo, not Marvel, but even iZombie is getting its own TV show.

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Steve was shutupping Peggy, went to sleep for a while, woke up and started a sexual relationship with Peggy's niece Sharon.

This happened in the 1970s, so Peggy would have Barely been 50, which is well within the limits of doability for a 30 year old Steve Roger, and especialy if he already loved her insides. There is nothing wrong with a healthy 50 woman wanting to mount a younger man.

If Rogers was to take another nap, and wake up in 40 years, do you think Sharon would mind Steve playing hide the flagpole with Sharon's granddaughter?

Men.

Of course right now Steve Rogers appears to be every inch the 90 year old on the outside that he is on the inside, and he's still dating a 30 something Sharon Carter? Seriously, if she was half the ass hole Captain America was, Agent 13 should have traded in that dusty old bag of bones for Steve's son.

(Although becuase of different time rates, she just spent 10 years raising Steve's kid in Dimension Z, while only seconds passed on Earth, so Sharon is in her 40s, and I just suggested that she seduce a man who calls her Mom, who also happens to be dead. Take your mcloving where you can, everybody dies.)

17. CorporalCaptain

I'm lost. What episode are you two talking about? Did I somehow miss an episode?

18. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Funny, my local paper's TV magazine actually showed a new ep for last night whilst listing the SOTU for the other networks, so I actually fell for this one.

19. CorporalCaptain

Hmmm, I guess April came early this year.

20. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I caught last night's Agent Carter...it was such a big event episode that they were playing it on CNN, too! I just can't wait to see how that guy giving the speech factors into the ongoing storyline....