The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old July 28 2014, 11:39 PM   #1636
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

View kirsten187's Twitter Profile
Re: stalkin' my peeps - Welcome New Members thread!

Rhubarbodendron wrote: View Post
well, craziness is not mandatory to become a regular at this board but it sure helps.
Fortunately, the board owner assists us in the quest for insanity by driving us crazy with all these ads.
It certainly helps!

VST wrote: View Post
Hi all!

I'm Tony. I'm a writer, TV & film lover, and Trek is one of my ultimate vices. Great to see it's still going strong, fan wise, online.

See ya round the galaxy!
Hi
Old August 18 2014, 02:10 PM   #1637
stell
Cadet

hello! i'm stell. i'm afraid i'm a bit intimidated to talk, and i've mostly been lurking. i've been getting into star trek: tng for the first time. it's my introduction to the whole universe! so i feel slightly less encyclopaedic than i should.
stell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2014, 09:02 PM   #1638
Death of Rats
Commodore

Welcome stell! Don't be shy. We're a crazy but quite harmless bunch I'm fairly old, so I started with TOS but I always liked TNG far better.
Old August 19 2014, 03:38 AM   #1639
Australis
Writer

Don't worry, stell. Those of us who are encyclopaedic have been doing it for, uh, much too long. The rest of us just wing it.

Welcome.
"… Times change, and so must I… we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that’s okay, that’s good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
Australis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2014, 12:05 PM   #1640
Death of Rats
Commodore

LOL that was nicely phrased! (Btw, is there a board encyclopedia apart from this decade old one? Maybe we should start an updated one?)
Old August 19 2014, 12:31 PM   #1641
Australis
Writer

I think most people go to Memory Alpha if they have questions these days. Besides, who has the time? We're too busy here.
"… Times change, and so must I… we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that’s okay, that’s good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
Old August 20 2014, 12:40 AM   #1642
stell
Cadet

i have to say, memory alpha is astonishing. it balances in-universe and out-of-universe information very well. it's also beautiful, thorough, and consistent.
stell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2014, 01:16 AM   #1643
freakishdane
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to freakishdane

Australis wrote: View Post
Don't worry, stell. Those of us who are encyclopaedic have been doing it for, uh, much too long. The rest of us just wing it.
Exactly, just wing it, like Bones does when he reinserts Spock's brain in Spock's Brain (episode 60043-61).

Welcome stell!
Old August 21 2014, 12:34 PM   #1644
Death of Rats
Commodore

^I agree, stell. Memory Alpha is always the best source when too look up anything Trek-ish, from shuttle types to Klingon opera.

LOL Australis, you mean we are too busy fighting ads here. I'm so glad about my office's extremely harsh firewall. It lets not a single ad through - utter bliss! I don't post from my own PC anymore as my firewall can't compete.

I can only urge all newbies and oldies here to use the best virus protection they can get. Quite a lot of the ads here are malware-infested and in many cases an inadvertent rollover with the mouse will already suffice to make them attack you.
Particularly dangerous are the ones that appear in the same position as the login square. Make sure to move your cursor to a safe spot, for example to the adress line of your browser, when you log in. I've repeatedly been attacked by malware kits in the last months when I left the cursor in place and an infected ad loaded just underneath it on the board index page.
Old August 21 2014, 01:34 PM   #1645
Australis
Writer

^ Yeah, there is that.
Old August 22 2014, 12:27 PM   #1646
Death of Rats
Commodore

but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger (and propably crazier )

I wonder: in the Trek Universe there is no personal fortune /wages/ money (that was stated in that TNG epi where they find 3 frozen people from our century).
If nobody buys things, wouldn't there consequently be no ads? That'd be a pretty cool world: ad-free websites, no ad breaks during TV shows and movies, no overflowing letterboxes (or mail accounts)...
excuse me, I must urgently get deep-frozen!
Old August 22 2014, 03:26 PM   #1647
freakishdane
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to freakishdane

^ep 40271-126.
Old August 27 2014, 09:08 PM   #1648
DaddlerTheDalek
Ensign

Greetings!

I'm a Star Trek Fan from Germany & I wanna talk about...
You know Star Trek & other stuff.
DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2014, 06:35 PM   #1649
Death of Rats
Commodore

welcome! What region are you from? I'm Bavarian - if you're not too far away we could meet =)
Judging by your name you are a Dr Who fan?
Old August 30 2014, 04:24 PM   #1650
Marika
Lieutenant

Hi!!! My name is Marika and I am a Star trek addicted ! Lately i realized i need psychiatric help.. i can;t read anything else ( i am a compulsive reader ) than ST novels !

Thank you for accepting my application to this forum. I stumbled upon it because i was looking for infos about books.

About me : Like i have said I love to read , I love gaming .. i am a nerd lol . And of course when i have seen that many of the authors are actually posting in this forums I want to kneel and say THANK YOU ALL !

Since i love the old timeline the books made me so happy , when i read is like watching entire seasons in tv .

My adventure started when i discovered that there were books talking about Trip's death and how they fixed this injustice . I read them all. By the time i finished the last book in the Romulan wars series , the addiction was imminent . I switched to TITAN series but stopped when they got to DESTINY trilogy . i actually felt bad because of what i was reading on internet about Captain Hernandez , i just couldn't convince myself to read those books ( too sad ) . Then my internet went down in february for a week so i had to find something to occupy my mind and with heavy heart i bought the trilogy . Now seven months later .. i have read all the books about ENTERPRISE, VOYAGER , TNG, and DS9 starting from after nemesis relaunch novels .... ugh I have a month to wait for the new VOYAGER book !

Anyway, Nice to meet you all!
Marika is offline   Reply With Quote