Star Trek: Axanar

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Linnear, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

That's the stuff. :techman: An Amity Card in this case.

But what of Lazarus? What... of Lazarus? :p

2. YJAGG

YJAGG Captain Captain

ok so if it offended you, then don't support it moving forward, can you rescind any kickstarter money ?

3. Duane

Duane Captain Captain

You can withdraw, increase or decrease a Kickstarter donation at any time as long as the campaign is still live. Once the campaign has ended, and if the goal has been met, your credit card will be charged.

4. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure what you want me to say. I don't know how to prove an opinion. I'm not being intentionally obtuse...if I'm missing something obvious here, I apologize.

5. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ok, on the subject of the usage of 'the words', I talked to me girlfriend about this, and basicly her reply was, and I quote:

So yeah, a viewpoint from a young female.....

Sometimes, in fiction, it's understandable to use some violence or language to make us hate the 'bad guys' even more. That doesn't mean anyone is saying you should use that same language in real life, towards real people.

6. RCAM

RCAM Commander Red Shirt

Then you get into the issue of casting the entire Klingon species as monolithically rude, abrasive, and dishonorable.

7. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

It does nothing of the kind. It puts more nonsense.

8. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Wow. That escalated uber-quickly.

9. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The whole point of an antagonist calling names is to deflate the ego of opponents, to turn them back in on themselves, and make them feel inferior. The ultimate victory over that kind of attack is to use it. Use it to harden and strengthen yourself, and to turn that strength back on the antagonist and come out victorious.

To take an insult to heart and crawl away in defeat is exactly what the antagonist wants. An enemy in time of war doesn't care if you tell him that his words are misogynistic or racist or disparaging. He will laugh at you and hurl another insult, then another barrage of fire.

The same applies in everyday life. It's up to you to rise above the insults. If you aren't comfortable with who you are, name calling will cut you to the bone every time. That's your own insecurity. If you are self-confident, you will shrug off the morons who throw ridiculous insults. You are responsible for the way you feel about yourself, and no amount of censorship will ever change that.

10. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This conversation took a different turn when it was suggested that the Klingons use a racist term for the black admiral.

11. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

For the first and very probably last time, I am in agreement with Warped9.

12. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

Because is is complete nonsense to assume the Klingons would know what the term "nigger" means.

13. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

*ahem* back on topic...Axanar announced that Garrett Wang will join the main cast as a Klingon Captain.

14. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Are you certain it's not a Klingon ensign?

15. Duncan MacLeod

Duncan MacLeod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nope. He'll be playing the captain of the first D-7.

Well the man is 45 after all. That's a bit long in the tooth to be an ensign wouldn't you say? VOY ended 13 years ago, not 13 weeks.

16. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ That was a joke, I believe. ;)

17. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And even in the novels after "Endgame", Harry's since been promoted.

I'm good with this, especially if Mr. Wang's having fun with it.

18. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Harry was an ensign for seven years, so he should only be a lieutenant by now.

Maaaaybe a lt. commander at a stretch. ;)

19. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

GW isn't playing Harry Kim, he's playing a Klingon. And I suspect after all that experience, Harry Kim has moved up as fast in the ranks as Starfleet permits. He's probably No. 1 to some deep space mission by now, if he doesn't have his own command. Kirk did at a much younger age with less experience.

20. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

The question will be, will Wang's Klingon captain have ridges or be a smooth head?

He must have some serious credentials to warrent getting the command of the first D7 battlecruiser. Assigned to decimate the Federation fleet, once the D6 cruisers could be defeated by the new Ares-class warships.

He will not be Chang, since he's suppose to be a junior officer under Kharn, and more a Kirk contemporary. This is the age of Garth, April, and later Pike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.