RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,675
Members: 24,823
Currently online: 539
Newest member: voyagerman49

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 29 2014, 07:45 AM   #61
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Re: Teen Wolf, Season 4 (SPOILERS)

Tonight's episode was pretty good for the most part, though the storytelling was kinda sloppy. Since when did Melissa McCall go broke and get delinquent on the electric bills? I thought that was a just a silly plot element to explore how Scott would react to finding Garrett's stash of money.

Garrett kidnapped Liam and tried to blackmail Scott into helping him rescue Violet, who was being transported by the authorities, but Kate got to Violet first. Why Kate wanted the Orphans dead wasn't clear to me, but I imagine it was vengeance-motivated and had nothing to do with the Benefactor.

Derek and Malia went looking for Brett's pack in the woods, but again, why was that important? What were they hoping to accomplish? It had nothing to do with finding out who the Benefactor was. They were looking for Buddhists. I'll tell you where to find them. Come to Oakland Chinatown!

Stiles and Lydia went with Deputy Parrish to see Meredith and ask for her help to decipher the third list. She couldn't and she later hanged herself, and Lydia was able to unlock the third list. These were the only characters on tonight's episode with clear motives.
Old July 29 2014, 03:14 PM   #62
Aeolusdallas
Captain

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
Tonight's episode was pretty good for the most part, though the storytelling was kinda sloppy. Since when did Melissa McCall go broke and get delinquent on the electric bills? I thought that was a just a silly plot element to explore how Scott would react to finding Garrett's stash of money.

Garrett kidnapped Liam and tried to blackmail Scott into helping him rescue Violet, who was being transported by the authorities, but Kate got to Violet first. Why Kate wanted the Orphans dead wasn't clear to me, but I imagine it was vengeance-motivated and had nothing to do with the Benefactor.

Derek and Malia went looking for Brett's pack in the woods, but again, why was that important? What were they hoping to accomplish? It had nothing to do with finding out who the Benefactor was. They were looking for Buddhists. I'll tell you where to find them. Come to Oakland Chinatown!

Stiles and Lydia went with Deputy Parrish to see Meredith and ask for her help to decipher the third list. She couldn't and she later hanged herself, and Lydia was able to unlock the third list. These were the only characters on tonight's episode with clear motives.
She didn't want Violet dead. She wanted to know where she got the tape. However she can't control her anger.
Aeolusdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29 2014, 05:23 PM   #63
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Ah, yes. At the beginning, when Kate and her Berserkers massacred the group of hunters, she wanted to know where one of them got the cassette tape. I suppose that would lead to the identity of the Benefactor.
Old July 29 2014, 05:24 PM   #64
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

I haven't seen Frozen, but I'm assuming the ice queen is the villain.

EDIT:

Wrong thread.

Last edited by Gryffindorian; July 29 2014 at 07:29 PM.
Gryffindorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5 2014, 07:17 AM   #65
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

The PSAT administrator infected Scott and company with a potentially fatal virus that could kill wolves. But how convenient that Dr. Deaton quickly figured out the disease and cure, and Derek happened to have a bottle of the reishi mushrooms in the family vault where Scott and company were hiding.

I liked Satomi's character. That grandma can still kick ass!
Old August 5 2014, 04:33 PM   #66
Beagleman
Captain

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
I liked Satomi's character. That grandma can still kick ass!
Neo-grandma was awesome!

I liked this one although I'm normally not a fan of deadly disease infects everyone and is stopped within the last 5 minutes episodes...
Beagleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2014, 04:57 AM   #67
Aeolusdallas
Captain

I love how Scott's plans never work out the way they are supposed to
Old August 12 2014, 06:24 PM   #68
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Interesting development. Looks like Lydia's grandma is still alive (and also a banshee), and may be the Benefactor.
Old August 13 2014, 06:40 AM   #69
JD
Admiral

Yeah, that was a pretty great twist IMO. It would definitely explain how they knew everyone who had died's names to use for passwords.
So does the scene with Kate and Peter mean that they've been working together, or was that probably just a one time thing?
Did they explain yet why Talia took Peter's memory's of Malia's mother?
Old August 13 2014, 02:48 PM   #70
Aeolusdallas
Captain

JD wrote: View Post
Yeah, that was a pretty great twist IMO. It would definitely explain how they knew everyone who had died's names to use for passwords.
So does the scene with Kate and Peter mean that they've been working together, or was that probably just a one time thing?
Did they explain yet why Talia took Peter's memory's of Malia's mother?
Peter had approached Kate in an earlier episode and suggested an alliance
Old August 19 2014, 04:37 PM   #71
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

And the identity of the Benefactor has now been revealed. And it is ... Meredith. She's alive! That was totally unexpected. I was convinced toward the end of the episode that it was Eichen House attendant.

When Deputy Parrish was tied up and set on fire in his patrol car by a fellow officer, I thought, "Geez, how could they kill him off just like that?!" He's actually a likeable character on the show (and not just for being an eye candy), and I'm sure millions of viewers screamed when they thought he was a goner. So how did he survive? Is he a phoenix? A dragon?

The episode shed some light on the background of Lydia's grandmother Lorraine. She, too, was a banshee confined to Eichen House and was murdered by the attendant (who, as we know now, was acting under Meredith's orders) and made to appear like a suicide. I wasn't clear on her involvement, though. Did the grandmother write the code and Dead Pool?
Old August 19 2014, 06:10 PM   #72
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

The way Parrish returned to the station and directly to Haig made me think he was some kind of Revenant. But I doubt if that's going to be the case.

Also, how old is Meredith supposed to be?
Old August 20 2014, 05:13 AM   #73
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

My guess? Parrish is a Phoenix, which means he's fireproof.
Old August 20 2014, 05:28 AM   #74
JD
Admiral

I like the idea of Perrish being a Phoenix.
I have to admit, I honestly thought that were killing him off when the other deputy started him on fire.
I totally did not see Meredith being the Benefactor, that was a pretty great twist. So I'm wondering if the crazy thing has all been an act, because even in that little bit we saw her at the end, she seemed a lot more with it than when we've seen her in the past.
Old August 20 2014, 07:30 AM   #75
Beagleman
Captain

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
The way Parrish returned to the station and directly to Haig made me think he was some kind of Revenant.
The way he walked in made me think of a Terminator.
Beagleman is offline   Reply With Quote