RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,668
Members: 24,821
Currently online: 421
Newest member: SB118_Laxyn

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old July 31 2014, 06:42 PM   #3031
Turd Ferguson
Commodore

Re: What games are you playing currently?

SPCTRE wrote: View Post
Jax wrote: View Post
South Park is now done and was well worth the 11 hours+...Probably give it an 8 out of 10 score
Finished it yesterday, I think it is everything a South Park fan could want out of a South Park video game Obsidian are getting a lot of flak for the flaws in their games, but the industry would be worse off without them in terms of mid-tier RPG variety.

Certainly makes up for the many, many disappointing earlier lincensed games.
I'm playing Stick of Truth right now, and the game is absolutely hilarious. I'm stuck on the "Unfriend Al Gore" mission, which I keep getting my ass kicked on. Other than that, I'm really enjoying the game! I'm super cereal!
Old August 1 2014, 12:21 PM   #3032
SPCTRE
Infinitely Cloud Powered

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

^ I recommend postponing that particular mission until you've done the abortion clinic. After that, it's completely doable.

Did you find the iPad? That's the only side mission I haven't completed.
Old August 1 2014, 08:09 PM   #3033
Turd Ferguson
Commodore

^ I recommend postponing that particular mission until you've done the abortion clinic. After that, it's completely doable.

Did you find the iPad? That's the only side mission I haven't completed.
Actually I finally beat him last night on level 9. I basically kept spamming Jimmy's lullaby song for the secret service agents and used the Jew class circum-scythe to break down Al Gore's shields.

I did find the iPad. I kept going to Shelley's room and the door would always slam shut until I realized you have to have Stan equipped as your buddy.
Old August 2 2014, 04:43 PM   #3034
Jono
Rear Admiral

Finally finished Supreme Commander 2. Got it in the Steam summer sale last year, but kept getting distracted by newer games so I was only doing two or three levels every few months.

Also back into XCOM to finish the campaign I started when the expansion came out.

Apart from that just played a bit of BF4 and SWTOR, but haven't really gamed much in the last month.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4 2014, 04:44 AM   #3035
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Has anyone played Divinity: Original Sin yet? It's being hyped up as the best isometric RPG in years, but I just don't feel right about spending $40 on an Indie games. I love Indie games, but that's pricey.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4 2014, 07:14 AM   #3036
SPCTRE
Infinitely Cloud Powered

Kelthaz wrote: View Post
Has anyone played Divinity: Original Sin yet? It's being hyped up as the best isometric RPG in years, but I just don't feel right about spending $40 on an Indie games. I love Indie games, but that's pricey.
It's not pricey at all and the term "indie game" has sorta lost all meaning by now.

The game has a shit-ton of content, to the point where it will possibly keep you busy until after the next triple-A RPG is out. I'd heartily recommend it, but only if you're into cRPGs.

Turd Ferguson wrote: View Post
I did find the iPad. I kept going to Shelley's room and the door would always slam shut until I realized you have to have Stan equipped as your buddy.
Oh, that's cool, I never came back to Stan's house after the first visit
Old August 4 2014, 07:00 PM   #3037
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

It's not pricey at all and the term "indie game" has sorta lost all meaning by now.

The game has a shit-ton of content, to the point where it will possibly keep you busy until after the next triple-A RPG is out. I'd heartily recommend it, but only if you're into cRPGs.
Yes and no. I love the first 5-10 hours of cRPGs, but then I hit a point where the game becomes repetitive and I realize that I don't want to play the same thing for the next 800 hours. I quit at that point. I guess it seems a little odd to keep playing games that I get bored with, but I'm content with the short quality time that I have with them. I'm considering picking up the game during a steam sale.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10 2014, 10:05 PM   #3038
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

I just finished Okami on PS3. It was a fun game, although I really wish that all the next was sped up and skippablke. The game loved to repeat itself A LOT and treat the player like they have zero short term memory. Still, the story was decent, and the gameplay was fun.

Next up will probably be the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, although I'm not sure if I want to go in release order (starting with MGS2) or chronological order (starting with MGS3).
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2014, 09:31 AM   #3039
SPCTRE
Infinitely Cloud Powered

Kelthaz wrote: View Post

Yes and no. I love the first 5-10 hours of cRPGs, but then I hit a point where the game becomes repetitive and I realize that I don't want to play the same thing for the next 800 hours. I quit at that point. I guess it seems a little odd to keep playing games that I get bored with, but I'm content with the short quality time that I have with them. I'm considering picking up the game during a steam sale.
That might be a good idea then, given your preferences.

Currently re-playing Mass Effect 3 on 360, although I can hardly find the time.
Old August 12 2014, 01:24 PM   #3040
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Currently I'm playing RoboCraft, a free to play steam game. You build a battle robot block by block (ala minecraft), then you send your robot out to the arena as part of a team of 10 robots and do battle against the 10 other robots on the other team. There's quite a bit of variety in the type of robot you build, including wheeled robots, hoverbots and even flying bots.
Old August 12 2014, 01:29 PM   #3041
SPCTRE
Infinitely Cloud Powered

intrinsical wrote: View Post
Currently I'm playing RoboCraft, a free to play steam game. You build a battle robot block by block (ala minecraft), then you send your robot out to the arena as part of a team of 10 robots and do battle against the 10 other robots on the other team. There's quite a bit of variety in the type of robot you build, including wheeled robots, hoverbots and even flying bots.
That sounds about 10 times more fun than Minecraft
Old August 12 2014, 01:54 PM   #3042
martok2112
Commander

I'm revisiting an old PC title that had gotten ported up to the Xbox 360....DarkStar One: Broken Alliance.

It's a space fighter sim/open world RPG of sorts. Graphics and ship designs are decent, if uninspired. Dialogue is so so, and the voice work ranges from serviceable to truly amateurish. Space combat is okeeday, and the side missions are rather limited in scope.

Still, it's not a bad way to kill a little time.
Old August 13 2014, 12:35 AM   #3043
Steven
Admiral

martok2112 wrote: View Post
I'm revisiting an old PC title that had gotten ported up to the Xbox 360....DarkStar One: Broken Alliance.

It's a space fighter sim/open world RPG of sorts. Graphics and ship designs are decent, if uninspired. Dialogue is so so, and the voice work ranges from serviceable to truly amateurish. Space combat is okeeday, and the side missions are rather limited in scope.

Still, it's not a bad way to kill a little time.
I played that one on the PC a few years ago. It wasn't a bad game. Nothing really special though.

As for what I'm playing now... still Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii (just passed the 100 hour mark), Fire Emblem Awakening on the 3DS, and Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy also on the 3DS.

Plus Mario Kart and FTL whenever I feel like killing some time.

List isn't getting any shorter... and it will have another entry next month when Hyrule Warriors comes out.
Old August 13 2014, 12:17 PM   #3044
martok2112
Commander

Oh, DSOne Broken Alliance definitely isn't a bad game. Not great, but not bad either. As you said, nothing special.

Oh, and I know this might be unrelated in the "what are you playing now" subject, but, Resident Evil's creator has finally decided to do a hi-def remake of the GameCube remake of the original Resident Evil for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC. It is slated for early 2015. I'll be getting the PC and PS4 versions. For the longest time, the original remake was a GameCube exclusive, with the exception of a possible port up to the Wii. But, two or three favored games are not enough to warrant me getting another Nintendo product. I have a GameCube, and that's it...although I have a few games for it. Otherwise, it's $ony and Micro$oft for me...and Micro$oft has lost a lot of respect from me with their Xbox One debacle....so now, even though I have a 360, I shan't be getting an Xbox One...at least, not for the forseeable future. But I digest. All I can say is: It's about frakkin' time, Capcom! Now, do a hi-def remake of Resident Evil 0, 2, and 3: Nemesis!
Old August 13 2014, 09:41 PM   #3045
Turd Ferguson
Commodore

I got to the mushroom special world in Super Mario 3D World, and my god does the difficulty level spike! I may have lost twenty lives in worlds 1-8, but in these last two, I've lost easily double that!