Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old July 22 2014, 07:06 PM   #31
Lieut. Arex
Fleet Captain

Re: George Takei on Bill Maher 07/18/14

george might try telling Shatner Thank, you, for all he did to make the show was much of a success as it was, as lead dog in the pack Bill, pulled a good bit of the load, whereas George was four or five dogs back with not much of a view, now Shatner may not have been a model coworker, if so, boo to him, play nice, Bill
Lieut. Arex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2014, 12:40 AM   #32
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

ssosmcin wrote: View Post
So maybe he needs a hobby or a new career.
What is left for him? His "Ohh, my" is long past its shelf life, there's no campaign to stick him in the JJ ST films as "prime universe Sulu" or whatever, and he's already graced some Nickelodeon series with his er--"acting" ability (well, before the series was unceremoniously cancelled).

I'm surprised he has not launched a Kickstarter campaign for a film where he finally gets to "let it all out" for his 130 diehard fans / Shatner haters...
Old July 23 2014, 03:31 AM   #33
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Marsden wrote: View Post
This reminds me of the pro wrestlers that hate each other and want to kill each other and then drive to all of their "fights" together.
Mr. Adventure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2014, 05:44 PM   #34
Cyke101
Rear Admiral

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
So maybe he needs a hobby or a new career.
What is left for him? His "Ohh, my" is long past its shelf life, there's no campaign to stick him in the JJ ST films as "prime universe Sulu" or whatever, and he's already graced some Nickelodeon series with his er--"acting" ability (well, before the series was unceremoniously cancelled).

I'm surprised he has not launched a Kickstarter campaign for a film where he finally gets to "let it all out" for his 130 diehard fans / Shatner haters...
Say what you will about the guy, but according to his imdb, Takei's been working consistently for years now. It's usually in guest-starring spots which is ideal for a guy his age, rather than working on your typical rigorous regular TV schedule. He just released a documentary (surprise! Shatner gives an interview. And when I went to watch it, the theater was packed -- definitely more than 130 Takei fans.). He also produced a musical play about Japanese-American internment that is scheduled to hit Broadway later this season -- seriously, there aren't many Trek alumni who stage their own productions, nevermind getting it onto Broadway. So whatever opinion anyone has of him, it's not like he's just lurking at home all day in a bathrobe plotting new ways to "bash" Shatner. He's still working regularly.
Old July 23 2014, 05:56 PM   #35
Cap'n Claus
Rear Admiral

Cyke101 wrote: View Post
So whatever opinion anyone has of him, it's not like he's just lurking at home all day in a bathrobe plotting new ways to "bash" Shatner.
That would be Adrian Zmed.
Old July 23 2014, 06:07 PM   #36
Cyke101
Rear Admiral

So whatever opinion anyone has of him, it's not like he's just lurking at home all day in a bathrobe plotting new ways to "bash" Shatner.
Who?

(Just kidding, I know Adrian Zmed. He was the pretty one on TJ Hooker. No, not the blonde one.)
Old July 23 2014, 06:15 PM   #37
The Cubed Ho
Fleet Captain

Who?

(Just kidding, I know Adrian Zmed. He was the pretty one on TJ Hooker. No, not the blonde one.)
His attempt at ''dancing'' in the T.J. HOOKER pilot was the single most horrifying scene I have ever experienced in commercial television.
Old July 30 2014, 05:00 PM   #38
Cyke101
Rear Admiral

This "feud" is really just a show. When more important issues come up, Shatner and Takei band together.

foxhot wrote: View Post

Who?

His attempt at ''dancing'' in the T.J. HOOKER pilot was the single most horrifying scene I have ever experienced in commercial television.
I'm sad to say that I actually spent time trying to look for this dance on Youtube!