Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 10 2014, 02:01 AM   #736
Redfern
Commodore

Re: "Beware the Batman" in 2013! New Animated Series

Checking the schedule grid, "Beware..." will indeed bump "Ghost in the Shell" from the Toonami line-up. Well, the Major may "disappear" for several months, but I'm confident she will return.

Sincerely,

Bill

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2014, 07:36 PM   #737
publiusr
Commodore

That and Bebop..right as rain.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2014, 10:29 PM   #738
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

JD wrote: View Post

I wonder if they'll try any more DC comic based animated series any time soon? With so many live action shows (possibly) starting, it would be a shame not to have at least one animated series to go along with them.

Teen Titans Go?

I guess "Green Lantern" "Young Justice" and "Beware the Batman" just don't fit what Cartoon Network is trying to target now.

I'd hate to be the one pitching a "Superman VS Batman" cartoon when time comes for one.

Cartoon Network would probably want it to be a "The Odd couple" type cartoon.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2014, 04:40 AM   #739
sojourner
Admiral

DC needs to just move all it's cartoon properties to the CW. Fuck Cartoon Network.
Old May 11 2014, 05:48 AM   #740
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

That'd be nice if they'd do a weekday afternoon block!
Peach Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2014, 02:59 AM   #741
JD
Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
DC needs to just move all it's cartoon properties to the CW. Fuck Cartoon Network.
This. Cartoon Network obviously has no interest in the kinds of DC shows people like us would be most interested in. The CW does (or at least did, I haven't checked lately) have a Sunday morning cartoon block where they showed old episodes of Justice League Unlimited, Spectacular Spider-Man, and some other stuff. If they decided to do original stuff as part of the block, a new DC series would fit in perfectly. They could just pair it up with JLU or even just replace it.
Old May 13 2014, 07:09 AM   #742
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

They do it on Saturday mornings in a lot of places. I love watching JLU. If not for the regulations on broadcast (they've done some trimming), it'd be spectacular. I'd suggest not only the CW but also the Hub and maybe another broadcast channel.
Old July 27 2014, 06:35 PM   #743
Christopher
Writer

The first new episode aired last night, though it looks like my DVR missed the first 2-3 minutes for some reason (even though I had it set to start 2 minutes early) -- hopefully it'll show up via On Demand, but they're currently 2 weeks behind on that.

Anyway, "Attraction" (written by Len Wein) was pretty disappointing. It's the first return of Magpie, who was an engagingly written character the first time out, but here she was reduced to a stereotypical homicidally-jealous-lover female villain type, delusionally in love with Batman and determined to kill Katana, whom she sees as a rival. It's a real step down for her, and for the show's treatment of gender in general. Plus, maybe this was explained in the parts I missed, but why the hell did the prison let her wear her full supervillain costume? It's a trope I've seen in other comics and cartoons, but it never makes sense, and it was doubly nonsensical here since you'd think they'd want to take away all hints of Margaret Sorrow's homicidal alter ego. Oh, and also, what's with the coed prison accommodations? That didn't make sense either.

I'm also seeing more of the limitations of doing this show as 3D animation instead of 2D. The third act reused the abandoned hospital set from the first Magpie episode, which was justified as Magpie "returning to her nest," but just screamed "we can't afford to build too many locations so we have to reuse them." And the cemetery "set" was rather lacking in detail and didn't look good at all. In revisiting this show, I'm coming to recognize it's not one of the better-animated 3D cartoons on TV. The character designs are mostly pretty good (except Katana's legs are too absurdly skinny -- she looks like Jack Skellington sometimes), but the execution leaves something to be desired.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27 2014, 08:56 PM   #744
Mr Light
Admiral

Fuck! I didn't record it because I thought it was still reruns!

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27 2014, 09:48 PM   #745
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

My DVR missed the series recording for some reason. Checked next week and it says episode 13 airs next week and I see Adult Swim On Demand has 8-12 available for viewing. Crazy.

EDIT: Whoops, never mind, think I'm getting my wires crossed with Korra or something. I was thinking Batman had 13 eps total but that's not the case.

EDIT2: Good news is that the episode is On Demand.

Last edited by Mr. Adventure; July 27 2014 at 10:04 PM.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28 2014, 02:53 AM   #746
TemporalFlux
Commodore

Enjoy CW while it lasts. They are ending the Saturday morning toon block on September 27; it's going to be replaced by edmucational programs.
TemporalFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2014, 05:02 AM   #747
JD
Admiral

Damn. I didn't realize this was actually coming back. I'll have to see if I can find the episode online.
Old July 30 2014, 07:12 AM   #748
sojourner
Admiral

TemporalFlux wrote: View Post
Enjoy CW while it lasts. They are ending the Saturday morning toon block on September 27; it's going to be replaced by edmucational programs.
CW has a cartoon block?
Old July 30 2014, 07:23 AM   #749
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

Yeah, they've been airing JLU reruns, among other things.
Old July 30 2014, 02:18 PM   #750
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

TemporalFlux wrote: View Post
CW has a cartoon block?
When were you intending CW to air those DC cartoons?
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote