Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 2 2014, 11:54 PM   #16
FreezeC77
Commodore

Re: Young Adama is D'Artagnon

The Three Musketeers story must be going through a popular revival. There's going to be a South Korean version of it planned for 3 seasons (12 episodes each). Most Korean shows aren't planned for multiple years. Apparently the Musketeers are going to be part of the Korean King's bodyguard and the second season will film some(or all) in China.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2014, 12:16 AM   #17
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

Ethros wrote: View Post
I'll freely admit I've never seen the show, but seeing this article a few months ago certainly put me off ever watching it.
Peter Capaldi's to be killed off offscreen

How blatantly lazy is that?
Not lazy at all.

The article points that Capaldi is unavailable due to his Doctor Who commitments.

If the actor is doing something else you can't kill him on screen (well unless you use a dodgy wig and blurring of facial features).

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2014, 12:39 AM   #18
Christopher
Writer

Ethros wrote: View Post
I'll freely admit I've never seen the show, but seeing this article a few months ago certainly put me off ever watching it.
Peter Capaldi's to be killed off offscreen

How blatantly lazy is that?
"Come the next series, the Cardinal will be dead," actor Tom Burke - who plays Athos - confirmed. "He'll just be gone.
"It's a great example of economic storytelling. Their new nemesis will be Rochefort, who's played by Marc Warren."
Oh right. Great.

Imagine if the creators of others shows did that?
It has been known to happen, and sometimes there's no choice. It's often done when the actor dies in real life, e.g. with John Spencer on The West Wing, John Ritter on 8 Simple Rules, Phil Hartman on NewsRadio, Stanley Kamel on Monk, etc. And there are cases where a character was killed off-screen due to an actor's non-fatal departure too, such as Jean Stapleton on All in the Family, John Amos on Good Times, Robert Foxworth on Babylon 5 (out of acknowledged spite for his "defection" to Deep Space Nine), Laila Rouass on Primeval, and others.

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post
The Three Musketeers story must be going through a popular revival. There's going to be a South Korean version of it planned for 3 seasons (12 episodes each). Most Korean shows aren't planned for multiple years. Apparently the Musketeers are going to be part of the Korean King's bodyguard and the second season will film some(or all) in China.
That's very interesting -- reinventing the story for a different culture and era.

Has anyone ever done The Three Musketeers... in Space?

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2014, 01:22 AM   #19
Fist McStrongpunch
Rear Admiral

And after a quick googling... http://www.afantasticallibrarian.com...-in-space.html
Old July 21 2014, 03:40 AM   #20
Christopher
Writer

Anyone else still watching this? The first couple of episodes were mediocre and lightweight, but it's gotten a lot more solid in the past three weeks, with more thoughtful and morally nuanced stories and richer character exploration. Although in tonight's episode, one of the villains was blatantly telegraphed as such. So it's not perfect, but it's definitely improving.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote